Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

See what the next 2022 Macan in $AUD is going to cost and the burden of Australian car taxes which are added to make up the local price.
These prices don't include dealer charges and State Government Duties, so just add MORE.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Worse in Victoria, it's 9% stamp duty levy on anything over $150K. That's 9% on the whole lot from the first dollar as it's a levy not a graduated tax on dollars above a threshold ! Have to keep cars to $163,499 in order to drive away at $160,499 by falling into the 7% category. It can be done with the GTS. Get it to about $169K build and beg the dealer to take a hit of $5.5K so that you can get a further $3K discount on tax. Mad I know !

·
Registered
30 Posts
Worse in Victoria, it's 9% stamp duty levy on anything over $150K. That's 9% on the whole lot from the first dollar as it's a levy not a graduated tax on dollars above a threshold ! Have to keep cars to $163,499 in order to drive away at $160,499 by falling into the 7% category. It can be done with the GTS. Get it to about $169K build and beg the dealer to take a hit of $5.5K so that you can get a further $3K discount on tax. Mad I know !
I was eagerly awaiting the update to the Macan! The price in Victoria for the GTS is just crazy as you have pointed out!
While the power bump is really nice, I was expecting a bit more from the update. The front end like most have mentioned looks cheap on the GTS, and was Android Auto too much to ask? 😜.
I'm sure it will still be great to drive but we have decided not to buy the Macan and to look else where. Thanks for all your help mate and good luck if you are purchasing the new one! 😊

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I was eagerly awaiting the update to the Macan! The price in Victoria for the GTS is just crazy as you have pointed out!
While the power bump is really nice, I was expecting a bit more from the update. The front end like most have mentioned looks cheap on the GTS, and was Android Auto too much to ask? 😜.
I'm sure it will still be great to drive but we have decided not to buy the Macan and to look else where. Thanks for all your help mate and good luck if you are purchasing the new one! 😊
Mate, what about going for the S as it has the same engine now. There will be a mod to bring it up to 324kW.

As for me I shall have to buy one if Porsche discontinue ICE Macans. I never want to buy a silent plain battery powered go kart. No thanks.

PS: if you are looking at Mercedes PM me as my cousin can hook you up with a very good deal at the Berwick dealership. AMG is going 4 cyl ! Mad.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mate, what about going for the S as it has the same engine now. There will be a mod to bring it up to 324kW.

As for me I shall have to buy one if Porsche discontinue ICE Macans. I never want to buy a silent plain battery powered go kart. No thanks.

PS: if you are looking at Mercedes PM me as my cousin can hook you up with a very good deal at the Berwick dealership. AMG is going 4 cyl ! Mad.
Yeah the S does seem like a better option but the wife wants the GTS or nothing..lol.
Yeah I know what you mean about going silent. I'm not ready for that yet!!
Well hopefully you can score a good deal on the new model.

Thanks for letting me know about your cousin at Mercedes. Haven't looked at that yet but I have been looking at the BMW X3M LCI. Will let you know how I go. Thanks👍

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah the S does seem like a better option but the wife wants the GTS or nothing..lol.

Thanks for letting me know about your cousin at Mercedes. Haven't looked at that yet but I have been looking at the BMW X3M LCI. Will let you know how I go. Thanks👍
I would choose the "S" base don the US configurator, because I'd save about $10K over a similarly equipped GTS BUT one thing I can't get over ' a white tach in the middle of the dash, and no option to match it to the outer two newels. Looks bad to me. To get all black I'd need the GTS. Geez, Im never happy!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

You could change the "S" to "GTS" emblem on the back and say you opted for the "GTS Sports package" which on the outside transforms the GTS to an S ! Not quite sure what they were thinking with that.

PS: No one here is going to buy anything for a while as we are all under lockdown. It's a $200 fine for not wearing a mask with some fines costing more than the Burmester upgrade !

·
Registered
510 Posts
Liking the new centre console, still wish the bar between the rear lights was straight accross the top (like the Cayenne), frustrated no Android Auto or HUD.

Price hike is not as much as I had expected. Will be curious to see pricig for the EV when it is released.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yep...I’m in the same boat. Build spec at $168,600 waiting on GM sign off for discount to trigger the lower stamp duty threshold. I’ve got a 992 GT3 also on order (awaiting allocation) with zero discount, so hopefully they will support my commercial needs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts