Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
@erichmj very nice! Thanks for sharing. Where in Sydney is this? Lovely water views!
kogarah bay (2nd post) and brighton (1st post) :)

PASM, its in the lowest level

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just looking at your ride height in the first photo. Do you have AS or have you fitted sports springs? Nice look.
yes I have AS

·
Registered
665 Posts
My eyes are playing tricks on me. All the exhaust tips look round, even the Turbo models? Is that because they have the PSE which may have rounded tips?
Also, its interesting to see how much higher and generally larger in volume the S with roof rails and what seems to be standard steel springs looks.
Thanks!

The silver turbo belongs to @PygmyOctopus - perhaps he can clarify if he has PSE? The black turbo definitely had PSE as I remember talking to the owner about it.

FYI - no steel springs in AU, all Macans have PASM as standard. I used a wide angle lens for those carpark shots which does distort the image towards at the edge of the frame, so part of the width/height differences are as a result of this.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks!

The silver turbo belongs to @PygmyOctopus - perhaps he can clarify if he has PSE? The black turbo definitely had PSE as I remember talking to the owner about it.

FYI - no steel springs in AU, all Macans have PASM as standard. I used a wide angle lens for those carpark shots which does distort the image towards at the edge of the frame, so part of the width/height differences are as a result of this.

That explains it, thanks.
You said no steel springs in AU? My S has PASM with what I thought were "steel springs "as I didn't take the AS option. Imp still learning here but I thought the standard spring with PASM were the steel ones?

Thx.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Thanks!

Yup I had PSE on that car and have ordered it again. Expensive, but my favorite option.

As @grim so succintly put it "the resonant notes are a symphony to my ears and bring a concert of wonderfulness to a crescendo every time I accelerate"

·
Registered
503 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
kogarah bay (2nd post) and brighton (1st post) :)

PASM, its in the lowest level
Very nice, I really never really been in the south of Sydney, looks like I have a new destination for a trip sorted!

·
Registered
665 Posts
That explains it, thanks.
You said no steel springs in AU? My S has PASM with what I thought were "steel springs "as I didn't take the AS option. Imp still learning here but I thought the standard spring with PASM were the steel ones?
Sorry, confusion of terminology. Yes, PASM = steel springs so you're right on that front. The non-PASM non-AS setup is referred to as steel springs, so to see both terms used together threw me. ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sorry, confusion of terminology. Yes, PASM = steel springs so you're right on that front. The non-PASM non-AS setup is referred to as steel springs, so to see both terms used together threw me. ;)
All good... Phew, For a minute I thought I had forgotten to taken the spring and shock option, along with the engine and 4 wheels option and the windscreen option etc etc etc.:D

·
Registered
659 Posts
All good... Phew, For a minute I thought I had forgotten to taken the spring and shock option, along with the engine and 4 wheels option and the windscreen option etc etc etc.:D
You wouldn't be the first one, the options list is quite extensive... I read a review, it is possible to build a $150k Macan with all options, and that is excluding the cost of the car!!

·
Registered
7,568 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Okay, this is not your typical photo, but I am lucky enough to have two white Macans in the garage :). The one closer is the normal White, and the one further is the Carrera white. You can actually only tell the difference if it is under ambient light. On bright sunlight, the two colour shows little difference.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 41 Posts