Porsche Macan Forum banner

Australian Build Slots & Delivery Times

89K views 693 replies 73 participants last post by  Marksy 
#1 · (Edited)
Thought it would be good to keep track of the following for Australian orders, see how these are progressing with all the delays being reported globally.

Order Date: Start October 2021
Model: Macan GTS
Where: Sydney
Build Date Received: 16/3
Ship Departed:
Expected Delivery:
Mid June

Will update when I get more details.

Thanks

#2 ·
Thought it would be good to keep track of the following for Australian orders, see how these are progressing with all the delays being reported globally.

Order Date: Late October 2021
Build Date Received: Not yet..
Ship Departed:
Expected Delivery:

Will update when I get more details.

Thanks
Order Date: 28 July 2021
Model: Macan S
Build Date Received: Built 1st week October 2021
Ship Departed: 27 October 2021
Expected Delivery: 15 January 2022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
mine :)
Order Date: mid October 2021
Model: Base Macan
Where: Melbourne
Build Date Received: mid October 21
Ship Departed: 27 Oct 21
Expected Delivery:
end Dec 21 or early Jan 22
My dealer did not share the ship details of tracking (rather I didn't ask for it).. they tell me that the ship will dock in Melbourne mid-December and a compliance process of a couple of weeks.

#20 ·
Agreed extremely frustrating, the car has been on route for 2 months today. Left the German Port on the 3rd October, so far my car has been to the Netherlands, UK, USA, Jamaica, New Zealand and now in Melbourne since the 28th November. Alas, Is Est Quis Is Est.

#25 ·
I collected my GTS yesterday too from PCM. So nice to finally take posession after a 9 month wait.
The spider wheels are temporary as they found transit damage to one of my 21's. With it being right on Christmas where everyone shuts down until mid to late Jan, there was no way to have it inspected and repaired before handover.
Code is- PMXMZQA7
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

#40 ·
Order Date: November 2021
Where: Perth
Build Date Received: March 2022
Ship Departed:
Expected Delivery:
Late May/Early June

First Porsche. Looking forward to joining the club after many years of dreaming. Initially intended to get a Cayman GTS, however decided to go with something more practical to start off with.

Porsche Code

#46 ·
It looks like my Macan GTS will be delayed by 6-8 weeks (it's meant to be built this week) due to GT wheel part shortages and PDLS+ lights.

Apparently there is a stop sale on the GT wheels.
6 to 8 weeks is a long time! Hopefully its a worst case estimate and they can pull it forward. Apparantly the GT wheels can’t be oprioned on the base or S due to supply shortages.

#48 ·
Hi all, ordered a 2022 GTS after procrastinating between S model with quite a few add ons, then came within a reasonable margin to justify the GTS.
Can any Sydney recent buyers tell me what sort of time frame from Ship docking in Port Kembla unti ready for collection from dealership?
Expecting a March delivery but hoping for an earlier time slot.
This forum has been extremely useful and sometimes frustrating with too many options to add to the configurator / confuser.
Thanks for any input.

#49 ·
Hi all, ordered a 2022 GTS after procrastinating between S model with quite a few add ons, then came within a reasonable margin to justify the GTS.
Can any Sydney recent buyers tell me what sort of time frame from Ship docking in Port Kembla unti ready for collection from dealership?
Expecting a March delivery but hoping for an earlier time slot.
I went the same way, as an optioned up S was only fractionally cheaper than equivalent optioned GTS.

It was a ~5 month process for me: ordered late Aug 21, freeze point mid Sep 21, built mid Oct 21, arrived Port Kembla ~19 Dec 21, and handover on 13 Jan 22 due to 2 week holiday shut down. Original delivery was stated as Mar 22, so bought forward a few months, hope you have the same luck.

#51 ·
Thank you AusGeo, My build was completed 18th Dec with an expected arrival Port Kembla 25th Feb. However I believe the Hoegh Bangkok departed Bremerhaven 22nd Dec due in Port Kembla 15th Feb.
I don’t know if mine was loaded in time , I’m hoping so.
Originally ordered S Model back in August but after adding some extras and upgrading to the GTS final order was 5th October after more last minute add ons.
Thank goodness it’s finally built so I can’t keep adding and clocking up the $$$$
Keeping fingers crossed for an early arrival.
I know it’s only a few weeks difference but still a long time since August .
BTW I ordered the GT Platinum finish wheels, maybe I was lucky or the black finish was/is in more demand.

#225 ·
Finally picked up my GTS on 26th April after unloading in Pt Kembla 23rd March , a very long wait.
What a beautiful piece of engineering.
The wheels can have a bronze hue in different lighting situations, not too shiny , love them.
Certainly worth the wait.

Attachments

#53 ·
My S arrived on the same ship as Ausgeo - Hoegh Traveller on 19 Dec. I got my car delivered on 31 Dec, so its pretty quick after landing - within two weeks. Mine also had to get the Boss amp retrofitted, which they did before delivery. Only downsidewas due to Covid I got home delivery;(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.