Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Order Date: November 2021
Model: Macan GTS
Where: Perth
Build Date Received: March 2022
Ship Departed:
Expected Delivery:
Late May/Early June

First Porsche. Looking forward to joining the club after many years of dreaming. Initially intended to get a Cayman GTS, however decided to go with something more practical to start off with.

Porsche Code
Hi, have they given you details or a link to your actual build ? Or have they just said ? I am still waiting from October for mine as per 1st post.

Registered
2022 Macan GTS - on order
Hi, have they given you details or a link to your actual build ? Or have they just said ? I am still waiting from October for mine as per 1st post.
Once my allocation was confirmed, I asked for a printout of the porsche order system showing planned lockin date, build date and dealership arrival date. Obviously these dates could change (especially with COVID), but it appears from recent posters that the dates are conservative and could move in by a few weeks. My lock in date is mid February, but i was told by the dealer that my config could lock in a month earlier than planned.

To be honest, I want it lock early, I'm done with revisiting the confuserator every time I see a new opinion on the forum. Still vexed on colour, initially went with night blue, then gentian, followed by carmine and then back to night blue. 馃檮

Hope this helps

Registered
Got an update on my S

Ordered - mid Oct
Build date - 16/2
Arrival date - late April

great to have some dates, even if they are indicative.

Registered
Current (2020 Boxster & 2020 Macan S) | Ordered (2022 Boxster GTS 4.0 & 2022 Macan GTS)
It looks like my Macan GTS will be delayed by 6-8 weeks (it's meant to be built this week) due to GT wheel part shortages and PDLS+ lights.

Apparently there is a stop sale on the GT wheels.

Registered
When I ordered mine they wouldn鈥檛 let me option the GT wheels due to a supply issue . I just hope they come back on line before my lock in date

Registered
2022 Macan S PNXXS434
It looks like my Macan GTS will be delayed by 6-8 weeks (it's meant to be built this week) due to GT wheel part shortages and PDLS+ lights.

Apparently there is a stop sale on the GT wheels.
6 to 8 weeks is a long time! Hopefully its a worst case estimate and they can pull it forward. Apparantly the GT wheels can鈥檛 be oprioned on the base or S due to supply shortages.

Registered
6 to 8 weeks is a long time! Hopefully its a worst case estimate and they can pull it forward. Apparantly the GT wheels can鈥檛 be oprioned on the base or S due to supply shortages.
I couldn鈥檛 option them on my GTS order either

Registered
Hi all, ordered a 2022 GTS after procrastinating between S model with quite a few add ons, then came within a reasonable margin to justify the GTS.
Can any Sydney recent buyers tell me what sort of time frame from Ship docking in Port Kembla unti ready for collection from dealership?
Expecting a March delivery but hoping for an earlier time slot.
This forum has been extremely useful and sometimes frustrating with too many options to add to the configurator / confuser.
Thanks for any input.

Registered
Hi all, ordered a 2022 GTS after procrastinating between S model with quite a few add ons, then came within a reasonable margin to justify the GTS.
Can any Sydney recent buyers tell me what sort of time frame from Ship docking in Port Kembla unti ready for collection from dealership?
I went the same way, as an optioned up S was only fractionally cheaper than equivalent optioned GTS.

It was a ~5 month process for me: ordered late Aug 21, freeze point mid Sep 21, built mid Oct 21, arrived Port Kembla ~19 Dec 21, and handover on 13 Jan 22 due to 2 week holiday shut down. Original delivery was stated as Mar 22, so bought forward a few months, hope you have the same luck.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
This forum has been extremely useful and sometimes frustrating with too many options to add to the configurator / confuser.
Thanks for any input.
When did you order the GTS ?

Registered
Thank you AusGeo, My build was completed 18th Dec with an expected arrival Port Kembla 25th Feb. However I believe the Hoegh Bangkok departed Bremerhaven 22nd Dec due in Port Kembla 15th Feb.
I don鈥檛 know if mine was loaded in time , I鈥檓 hoping so.
Originally ordered S Model back in August but after adding some extras and upgrading to the GTS final order was 5th October after more last minute add ons.
Thank goodness it鈥檚 finally built so I can鈥檛 keep adding and clocking up the $$$$
Keeping fingers crossed for an early arrival.
I know it鈥檚 only a few weeks difference but still a long time since August .
BTW I ordered the GT Platinum finish wheels, maybe I was lucky or the black finish was/is in more demand.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I considered the GT Platinum finish wheels, would be great to see some owner鈥檚 pictures of them to see what they look like in the flesh.

Registered
2022 Macan S PNXXS434
My S arrived on the same ship as Ausgeo - Hoegh Traveller on 19 Dec. I got my car delivered on 31 Dec, so its pretty quick after landing - within two weeks. Mine also had to get the Boss amp retrofitted, which they did before delivery. Only downsidewas due to Covid I got home delivery;(

Registered
2022 Macan S PNYRX772
Mine also arrived on the 19th and was at the dealers on the afternoon of the 23rd getting the front windows tinted and could鈥檝e been collected Christmas Eve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Hi Papeto, hope you鈥檙e enjoying the new motor and you are over this dreaded virus.
Just found out my optimism on my early delivery was premature.
My GTS was loaded 14th Jan on the Hoegh Detroit planned in Port Kembla 11th March.
You have answered my initial question on docking to pickup, thank you and happy motoring.

Registered
My Melbourne bound car (scheduled 4 Feb delivery), currently on Hoegh Kobe arrived at Brisbane port on 14 Jan and suppose to leave the port the same day. For some reason, it has not move for the past few days and now it is updated to depart on 21 Jan, a week stuck at the port! I wonder why? 馃槩

Registered
I would imagine it鈥檚 the same thing causing supply chain to fall over everywhere else - sick/exposed/isolating workers

What a bugger!

Registered
Thanks for any input.
My GTS arrived 19.12.21 and was ready for delivery on 11.01.22. I believe is should normally be about a week to a week and a half. Well done, the car is a dream.

Registered
2022 Macan S PNXXS434
A friends GTS arrived on the Hoeg Trapper and it circled Port Kembla for about a week before docking finally this week. Drove the poor guy nearly bonkers as it was anchored outside the harbour for a few days and then stayed in port for 4 days ( usually only one day). Thankfully it looks like his GTS is now on its wayto thedealer. I assume its all Covid related disruptions. Nearly have my apartment block is in isolation atm.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts