Porsche Macan Forum banner
301 - 320 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Anybody else with cars on the Höegh Bangkok that's due to arrive at Kembla on 12 July or Brisbane 14 July? No WA stops for this boat from what I can see.

FYI for recap, 22MY GTS order made Nov 21, build locked early April, built early May, hopefully out for delivery mid/late July!

·
Registered
20 Posts
That’s a quick turnaround! I’m 11 weeks after ordering and the dealer is telling me I have a “very very long wait ahead” before even getting an allocation. I can see people who ordered 4-5 weeks before me are getting allocations and given a lock date so I’m hoping that phone call happens soon.
Don't hold your breath!
I ordered a Macan S in late March / early April and just had an updated possible delivery date of July 2023!
Previously projected delivery was June, 2023. That makes about 15 or 16 months from order to receipt, at best!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don't hold your breath!
I ordered a Macan S in late March / early April and just had an updated possible delivery date of July 2023!
Previously projected delivery was June, 2023. That makes about 15 or 16 months from order to receipt, at best!
Bloody ****. Not sure I’d bother waiting that long to be honest. I haven’t had a single update from my dealer since ordering nearly 3 months ago. Really though how hard would it be to compile a list and tell customers you are xxx in line before an allocation. Surely not that hard…

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bloody ****. Not sure I’d bother waiting that long to be honest. I haven’t had a single update from my dealer since ordering nearly 3 months ago. Really though how hard would it be to compile a list and tell customers you are xxx in line before an allocation. Surely not that hard…
Hi, as a newbie to the forum i would greatly appreciate your thoughts - I ordered a GTS in Jan 22. Have just been advised that the spec i ordered has changed and i am required to reorder and pay around $10k more. I have a few days to reorder to make the Aug 22 slot for a Dec delivery...if Im lucky. Not the best experience buying my first GTS. Is this happening to other folks??

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hi, as a newbie to the forum i would greatly appreciate your thoughts - I ordered a GTS in Jan 22. Have just been advised that the spec i ordered has changed and i am required to reorder and pay around $10k more. I have a few days to reorder to make the Aug 22 slot for a Dec delivery...if Im lucky. Not the best experience buying my first GTS. Is this happening to other folks??
Your old contract becomes void because it states a purchase of a 2022 model which they could not provide so the contract becomes obsolete and they give you back your deposit or you can choose to hold your spot in the queue and sign up a new agreement for a MY23 build but unfortunately at the new pricing.
I have just been through this myself, by SA tells me for some of the rarer 911 cars this goes on for up to 4 years until you get an allocation
It is not normally an issue with Macans and Cayennes but these are not normal times

·
Registered
9 Posts
I haven’t had that call yet, I’m waiting on it. I’m actually a bit surprised that a January 22 order can’t be filled as an MY22. Porsche can definitely handle this process MUCH better, I’m going to get onto the dealer principal and give them my feedback…not that it will make a difference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I haven’t had that call yet, I’m waiting on it. I’m actually a bit surprised that a January 22 order can’t be filled as an MY22. Porsche can definitely handle this process MUCH better, I’m going to get onto the dealer principal and give them my feedback…not that it will make a difference.
Per my understanding, your January order is more like a position on the dealer's wait list, not officially an order in Porsche's system. I have seem it before, it's basically an Excel spreadsheet with names and models.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks B & Nicko, comments much appreciated. Contract was signed & deposit paid in Jan 22. To be told 150 days later that i now have 7 days to accept a price rise, a spec change and perhaps i reduce the options chosen is a little rich, With petrol prices likely to hit $3 a litre by christmas perhaps a blessing in disguise. Would be keen to understand if this is typical Porsche MO for entry level folks....

·
Registered
2022 Macan S PNXXS434
422 Posts
I think the issue isn’t related to Porsche only. Most manufacturers have increased prices and de- specced vehicles. Problem is if you let it go, your probably going to join another que and start from zero again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think the issue isn’t related to Porsche only. Most manufacturers have increased prices and de- specced vehicles. Problem is if you let it go, your probably going to join another que and start from zero again.
Thanks I didn't realise it was a widespread scam to pressure you to repurchase or miss out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where did you place the order? Did not your SA tell you the price will change?
I ordered from Doncaster in Feb, but was told at the time that I would be subject to the price increase when the model year changes over after May. Still yet to get an allocation but hoping it'll be in the next month or so.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I ordered from Doncaster in Feb, but was told at the time that I would be subject to the price increase when the model year changes over after May. Still yet to get an allocation but hoping it'll be in the next month or so.
Yes I was told the same thing when I placed my order in NSW.

I ordered in the first week of Feb and have not received an allocation as well.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Much of the supply issue is well out of Porsche's, and all other vehicle manufacturers, control. Here is another critical part that is currently in short supply globally:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dear all, thank you for your observations, experiences and insightful comments. It is clear my SA, whilst acknowledging that the Jan 22 order would not be delivered pre Sept, unfortunately neglected to mention that my MY model will crossover (time only) and will chance the contracted price. Seems many of you were informed by your SA. Let me know if anyone wants to take over a GTS order/spec ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just ordered a week ago and I am looking at Sept 2023. Depending what build it ends up being I could end up with a price hike. Well at least it was explained along with supply challenges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

301 - 320 of 346 Posts