Porsche Macan Forum banner
241 - 260 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Macan S PNXXS434
403 Posts
11-2-2022
macan s

Here is the email look like. And they only give you one day to decide.

We are pleased to advised that we are able to confirm a July production for your Macan S order. It will be build as a 2023 specification which includes “Adaptive Cruise Control” & Power Steering Plus as the new standard inclusion.

Because of the new year specification, Porsche has announced a price increase.

Please see the quotation of your vehicle in 2023 specification and pricing.

We will need to confirm by end of tomorrow if you will like to continue with the build.

Can you advise by responding back to this email??

The original RRP of your vehicle is $132510

The new 2023 specification driveaway price will be $140776 (increase of $8266)
Thats steep! Did your previous spec include ACC and power syeering plus?

·
Registered
41 Posts
That's not great customer service, at all. My guy has been much better.

I've decided to just stick with my build. I was almost going to go for the T, but, I've noticed only the 19 inch wheels (rather than the 20s) take snow chains, and I would like to get up to the snow at least a few times. Also I suspect the sport-tuned suspension is not what we are looking for with a little baby and the car to be predominantly a family car.

I tested the Tiguan R today and it was a very tempting proposition, but was ultimately swayed by not wanting to support VW after the emissions scandal (appreciating of course Porsche & VW are interrelated, it does seem to be a bit of a VW special).

·
Registered
2022 Macan T (PN22I7J6)
123 Posts
That's not great customer service, at all. My guy has been much better.

I've decided to just stick with my build. I was almost going to go for the T, but, I've noticed only the 19 inch wheels (rather than the 20s) take snow chains, and I would like to get up to the snow at least a few times. Also I suspect the sport-tuned suspension is not what we are looking for with a little baby and the car to be predominantly a family car.

I tested the Tiguan R today and it was a very tempting proposition, but was ultimately swayed by not wanting to support VW after the emissions scandal (appreciating of course Porsche & VW are interrelated, it does seem to be a bit of a VW special).
The Tiguan R was also on my list too but that has 21" wheels...

One thing I have noticed is that the Porsche must be the only car on the market with individual fan speed and air distribution selection for each front occupant - and I am sure that will be a useful feature in my household.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just on another topic, does everyone else feel like they are getting radio silence from the SA’s? I send emails and sms’s and not much comes back….a little disappointed to be honest…..I don’t feel like there is any proactive contact providing an update or check in and very slow responses. Keen for what others are experiencing (after they have ordered).

·
Registered
Sold (2020 Boxster) | Current (2020 Macan S) | Ordered (2022 Boxster GTS 4.0 & 2022 Macan GTS)
34 Posts
Just on another topic, does everyone else feel like they are getting radio silence from the SA’s? I send emails and sms’s and not much comes back….a little disappointed to be honest…..I don’t feel like there is any proactive contact providing an update or check in and very slow responses. Keen for what others are experiencing (after they have ordered).
My experience has been good with PCM and the relationship that I have developed with my SA. Sometimes I had to follow up but it's generally been good.

They are also dependent on Germany to get back to them about updates.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Definitely same experience here.

I don't want to be unreasonable because I'm in the service industry and I know what pest clients are like, and my SA was also very kind and patient with me in person, but I also don't want to be the one emailing to request an update around the critical dates.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I kinda agree. I’ve signed up for a $165k car and wouldn’t mind a bit more communication. Keenly watching this thread so I can get an idea on when I may get a lock date.

·
Registered
2022 Macan T (PN22I7J6)
123 Posts
My SA has been pretty good. Always responds to a email within 24 hours. Had replies at 11pm and even while he was on holiday. My first Porsche - although it’s been a couple of years since we first had contact so it’s a long road for his commission !

·
Registered
574 Posts
Not making excuses for them as the service is not as good as all my previous dealings with them but they are under the pump selling their normal annual allocation in about 8 weeks
When I was talking with my SA last week he said he has over 200 clients to call to tell them about the MY23 price rise plus he has to write up new contracts for all of them because of the model change on top of his other work load

·
Registered
173 Posts
Not making excuses for them as the service is not as good as all my previous dealings with them but they are under the pump selling their normal annual allocation in about 8 weeks
When I was talking with my SA last week he said he has over 200 clients to call to tell them about the MY23 price rise plus he has to write up new contracts for all of them because of the model change on top of his other work load
Yeah, don’t doubt they are busy at the moment. I guess it just leads to the question, why are there no automated email systems that tap into critical dates from Porsche AG and notify customers of changes?

·
Registered
2022 Macan T (PN22I7J6)
123 Posts
Well I got that magic email today, we are on……..
I have a May build slot - not quite as specific with dates at present but I can survive !

As discussed not much news is available until build completion which is earmarked for some time in June. We are experiencing a few delays at the moment but I don’t see your order being affected at this stage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
sharing my buying experience.
Macan base model, ordered in Nov /Dec 2021
Production in Feb.
Pickup yesterday 27 May.
23km I never had a car this new.
Manual steering column. in the mix of excitement I forgot to ask about the future swap over.

241 - 260 of 273 Posts