123 Posts
Order Date: 11 February 2022
Model: Macan S
Where: Sydney parramatta
Build Date Received: 10/5/2022
Ship Departed:
Expected Delivery: November to December 2022
Actual Delivery :

received a call at 8 p.m. today destroying my dinner and saying my order will increase from 13.2k to 14.1k because it is due to build in July.

Cancelled, bye guys. Hope see you again.
Not good. But the problem is that all new cars are increasing. At least Macan features aren’t being deleted other than the electric steering column adjustment (like Audi). Going elsewhere ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not good. But the problem is that all new cars are increasing. At least Macan features aren’t being deleted other than the electric steering column adjustment (like Audi). Going elsewhere ?
I will pick a glc63 since no v8 in the future.
My mate oedered a g63 in May 2021. On the second day the price was increased, he picked up the car this week for 310k which was written on the contract.
We all know a g63 market price is 350k+, good job to have Spirit of Contract.

Bye Porsche parramatta. (n)

·
Registered
2022 Macan T (PN22I7J6)
123 Posts
I will pick a glc63 since no v8 in the future.
My mate oedered a g63 in May 2021. On the second day the price was increased, he picked up the car this week for 310k which was written on the contract.
We all know a g63 market price is 350k+, good job to have Spirit of Contract.

Bye Porsche parramatta. (n)
Ah, they're certainly quick but a new GLC63 is $200k and resale not as a good as a Macan. I'm in a MB now and looking forward to leaving infuriating MBUX behind...

There are a few, but not many manufacturers are locking in pricing these days due to delays in deliveries. It's just a different world with car orders these days...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ah, they're certainly quick but a new GLC63 is $200k and resale not as a good as a Macan. I'm in a MB now and looking forward to leaving infuriating MBUX behind...

There are a few, but not many manufacturers are locking in pricing these days due to delays in deliveries. It's just a different world with car orders these days...
I don't know. C63 seems to be very good at resale.
Talking about resale, cancelling the July build is must. July build car will come in November and be registered as 2022 on the rego paper in nsw. When you come to resell, no one cares if is my23 as there is no physical model change. If i get back to macan, i will order later to get a 2023 car. (Don't judge me on this, i have been in used car wholesale industry for years)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I considered the GT Platinum finish wheels, would be great to see some owner’s pictures of them to see what they look like in the flesh.
Finally picked up my GTS on 26th April after unloading in Pt Kembla 23rd March , a very long wait.
What a beautiful piece of engineering.
The wheels can have a bronze hue in different lighting situations, not too shiny , love them.
Certainly worth the wait.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Macan S PNXXS434
403 Posts
Order Date: 11 February 2022
Model: Macan S
Where: Sydney parramatta
Build Date Received: 10/5/2022
Ship Departed:
Expected Delivery: November to December 2022
Actual Delivery :

received a call at 8 p.m. today destroying my dinner and saying my order will increase from 13.2k to 14.1k because it is due to build in July.

Cancelled, bye guys. Hope see you again.
Wow thats a big jump. I thought it was about $7k extra, but less if you had optioned ACC and Power steering plus ( thats standard now).

·
Registered
2022 Macan S PNYRX772
108 Posts
Finally picked up my GTS on 26th April after unloading in Pt Kembla 23rd March , a very long wait.
The wheels can have a bronze hue in different lighting situations, not too shiny , love them.
Those wheels though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow thats a big jump. I thought it was about $7k extra, but less if you had optioned ACC and Power steering plus ( thats standard now).
My order was website RRP. I have power steering plus. New quotation is $1200 higher than the new websites rrp. That's 9k coming from. So i said Parramatta PORSCHE is d*****t.

·
Registered
2022 Macan S PNXXS434
403 Posts
My order was website RRP. I have power steering plus. New quotation is $1200 higher than the new websites rrp. That's 9k coming from. So i said Parramatta PORSCHE is d*****t.
I had the same issue with Willoughby Porsche and went with Porsche South Sydney. Its a bit rich asking above RRP in my view.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congratulations!

Any idea why the wait is so long, between Port Kembla arrival and delivery? Partner bought another car recently, and took less than 10 days...

·
Registered
2022 Macan T (PN22I7J6)
123 Posts
My bank balance is thankful I couldn’t order those wheels as they look lovely…

·
Registered
4 Posts
What month build date does the new pricing kick in from? I have ordered a base model from Porsche Parramatta in Feb, and still have not received a locked in build date, but they estimate it will be August build, with Nov/Dec delivery. They have not yet called me to inform of a price rise......

·
Registered
173 Posts
What month build date does the new pricing kick in from? I have ordered a base model from Porsche Parramatta in Feb, and still have not received a locked in build date, but they estimate it will be August build, with Nov/Dec delivery. They have not yet called me to inform of a price rise......
I might be wrong, but I think the general idea is that if your build hadn't locked at the time the new prices came out, you would be paying more and getting a MY23 build. I might be off by a few weeks, but long story short I expect you'll be facing a price rise based on the dates you've been quoted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I might be wrong, but I think the general idea is that if your build hadn't locked at the time the new prices came out, you would be paying more and getting a MY23 build. I might be off by a few weeks, but long story short I expect you'll be facing a price rise based on the dates you've been quoted.
bugger.....I may have to re-assess. I guess will first wait for official notification

·
Registered
1 Posts
Should be July 2022. My sales just told me that. So an August build means you are getting an MY23 model and is impacted by the price hike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Should be July 2022. My sales just told me that. So an August build means you are getting an MY23 model and is impacted by the price hike.
July
My build slot is confirmed, it's July slot and hit by price raise.

·
Registered
Sold (2020 Boxster) | Current (2020 Macan S) | Ordered (2022 Boxster GTS 4.0 & 2022 Macan GTS)
34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can i check what dat you ordered and which Macan it was….thanks
11-2-2022
macan s

Here is the email look like. And they only give you one day to decide.

We are pleased to advised that we are able to confirm a July production for your Macan S order. It will be build as a 2023 specification which includes “Adaptive Cruise Control” & Power Steering Plus as the new standard inclusion.

Because of the new year specification, Porsche has announced a price increase.

Please see the quotation of your vehicle in 2023 specification and pricing.

We will need to confirm by end of tomorrow if you will like to continue with the build.

Can you advise by responding back to this email??

The original RRP of your vehicle is $132510

The new 2023 specification driveaway price will be $140776 (increase of $8266)

·
Registered
Sold (2020 Boxster) | Current (2020 Macan S) | Ordered (2022 Boxster GTS 4.0 & 2022 Macan GTS)
34 Posts
Slightly different topic.

Does anyone know a good auto body shop in Melbourne that can install carbon trims or aftermarket exhaust?

I'm looking to get some carbon parts and JCR exhaust.

221 - 240 of 273 Posts