Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just to introduce myself in this forum.

I can't decide which vehicle to go from here for my 50% of weekly drive. Here are my options list for the (my budget is 130k drive away price)

Macan S (drive away price = $94,259.00 + $46,355.40 = $140,614.40) over budget = $11k
Options: $33,960 x 1.365 = $46,355.40

Exterior Colour
White
0Q
0.00 A$

Interior Colour

Black-Garnet Red two-tone leather interior with leather seats
VO
8,670.00 A$

Exterior

Roof rails. Panited in black
3S5
750.00 A$
Monochrome Black exterior package (high-gloss)
QJ4
450.00 A$
Trailer coupling without removable ball joint
1D6
2,190.00 A$
Panoramic Roof System
3FU
3,790.00 A$
Porsche Entry & Drive
4F2
1,690.00 A$
Bi-Xenon lighting system incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
8BE
1,350.00 A$

Transmission / Chassis

75-litre fuel tank
0M2
0.00 A$
Air suspension with self-levelling function and height adjustment including Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
1BK
3,490.00 A$
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
G1D
0.00 A$

Wheels

20-inch RS Spyder Design wheels
CY3
2,710.00 A$

Wheel Accessoires

Tyre-pressure monitoring system (TMS)
7K3
1,090.00 A$

Interior

Floor mats
0TD
310.00 A$
Lane Change Assist
7Y1
1,390.00 A$
Adaptive cruise control icl. Porsche Active Safe (PAS)
8T3
1,990.00 A$
Light comfort package
PP8
720.00 A$
14-way power seats with memory package
PE5
0.00 A$
Seat heating (front)
4A3
890.00 A$
Seat ventilation (front)
4D3
1,990.00 A$

Interior Leather

Porsche Crest embossed on head restraints, front
3J7
490.00 A$

Macan Turbo (drive away price = $132,492.01 + $17,512.95 = $150,004.96) over budget = 30k
Options: $12,830 x 1.365 = $17,512.95

Exterior Colour

White
0Q
0.00 A$

Interior Colour

Black leather package with partial leather seats
VF
0.00 A$

Exterior

Roof rails. Panited in black
3S5
750.00 A$
Monochrome Black exterior package (high-gloss)
QJ4
450.00 A$
Trailer coupling without removable ball joint
1D6
2,190.00 A$
Panoramic Roof System
3FU
3,790.00 A$

Transmission / Chassis

Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
G1D
0.00 A$

Wheels

20-inch RS Spyder Design wheels
CY3
710.00 A$

Interior

Floor Mats
0TD
310.00 A$
Lane Change Assist
7Y1
1,390.00 A$
Adaptive cruise control icl. Porsche Active Safe (PAS)
8T3
1,990.00 A$
14-way power seats with memory package
Q2J
0.00 A$

Interior Leather

Porsche Crest embossed on head restraints (front)
3J7
490.00 A$

Audio / Comm.

Compass display at instrument panel
QR1
760.00 A$

(I love the Macan:D:D)

PS: Something for you guys to read (if you haven't seen this)
cc.porsche.com/icc_euro/callAction.do

Please also help me to check my calculation above all are correct?

Thanks appreciated. ;):D

·
Registered
972 Posts
from what i've read, it is nice to have but not a must. Porsche PASM is much more capable than adaptive damping in other cars so steel springs would be fine for all tarmac duties.

not sure if you can un-tick that option for the Turbo though (which imo is the better option for you as it will have better resale given your liberal optioning ;) )

quite a few things about the S attract me (which are not standard on the Turbo) :
- alcantara seat panels (grippier, less hot in summer, less cold in winter)
- black lower bumper and side trim (contrasts well with white)
- steel springs
- no headlight washers
- 14-way seats (many people find the 18-ways a bit too... 'cosy')
- piano black interior trim
- warmer bulb interior lighting (Turbo comes with light comfort package = LED)
- no Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (when the batteries in these die, you need to replace the whole sensor, otherwise you get a tyre warning on the dash)

·
Registered
972 Posts
that's my rendition of the saddle brown / black interior, which should become available mid march 2014. the renders in your post #7 are quite inaccurate wrt real life colours (the render shows a much darker, almost greenish brown). the beige and espresso are also much lighter in real life. the saddle grey / agate grey render is quite accurate though :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
more interior photos for comparison.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
972 Posts
I realised my "saddle brown" above may actually be cognac - other cognac leather photos look similar and I could only find one source for saddle brown, so there is a good chance it might be wrong.

Some real life photos of the other colours though:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Porsche PASM is much more capable than adaptive damping in other cars so steel springs would be fine for all
PASM is a good feature, however on a say to day basis you would probably leave it off "Sport" particularly on our Aussie roads, it is very harsh on the kidneys on anything less than smooth Tarmac. When you want to have fun or squirt round a track it comes on instantly and is very noticeable, around LC Eastern Creek on road rubber it is worth 1-2 seconds a lap.

Even without it being put into "Sport" mode PASM is always working in the background, driving on country roads and pushing on you can feel the car firm up, if that makes sense?

My gut feel is that the air suspension will be a worthwhile option to be able to switch through the three modes comfort, sport & sport plus.

These will be fantastic motor cars, Porsche don't do things sparingly, and if I can I will option mine with the air susp, sport chrono and possibly the PTV diff thingy because looking back it will be impractical to retro-fit.

·
Registered
972 Posts
PASM is a good feature, however on a say to day basis you would probably leave it off "Sport" particularly on our Aussie roads, it is very harsh on the kidneys on anything less than smooth Tarmac. When you want to have fun or squirt round a track it comes on instantly and is very noticeable, around LC Eastern Creek on road rubber it is worth 1-2 seconds a lap.
I have adaptive damping in my Golf R and I leave it in Comfort all the time :) but I am still glad I have it because I find Normal and Sport too uncomfortable on Sydney roads.

A while ago there was a track lap time test done on the R and comfort was actually the fastest (although the time spread was <1 sec)

·
Registered
13 Posts
- no Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (when the batteries in these die, you need to replace the whole sensor, otherwise you get a tyre warning on the dash)
I have found this to be a great option. It gives the actual tyre pressure live, as the tyres warm up the pressure increases. The wireless sensors are mounted to the tyre valves inside the tyre and the entire system is very reliable. Battery life is many years, probably 5+, cost to replace I think is around the $100 a sensor when you need to replace.

It is a better system than the one we have on our ML320 for example, that will tell you if you have lost pressure relative to your others wheels, but I don't think the tolerance is very tight and you can be running a sub-optimal pressure for some time before you know. Often I have noticed it from looking at the tyre, the system hadn't considered it too abnormal.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I have found this to be a great option. It gives the actual tyre pressure live, as the tyres warm up the pressure increases. The wireless sensors are mounted to the tyre valves inside the tyre and the entire system is very reliable. Battery life is many years, probably 5+, cost to replace I think is around the $100 a sensor when you need to replace.
Thanks for the feedback! Good to know it works well :)

I'm wondering: when a sensor goes flat, does the tyre need to be removed for sensor replacement? Just curious what the total cost would be to bring the car into a Porsche dealer, have 4 new sensors fitted and all tyres refitted and rebalanced.

·
Registered
13 Posts
for whatever reason my dealer told me to not even worry about the tyre pressure monitoring
From my perspective I think of it this way. Whenever you start to put 350-400hp and around 500 nm of torque into a car you have a performance vehicle. Couple that with a clever gearbox and diff and you have a high performance vehicle. The only thing keeping you in contact with the road surface at any one time are four pieces of rubber maybe just a bit bigger then the size of your hand, ok maybe twice the size. Not much is it? Then consider the speed you could be doing?

I don't know about you but I wanna know exactly what's going on with the tyres :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the feedback! Good to know it works well :)

I'm wondering: when a sensor goes flat, does the tyre need to be removed for sensor replacement? Just curious what the total cost would be to bring the car into a Porsche dealer, have 4 new sensors fitted and all tyres refitted and rebalanced.
In my experience I have found that you don't need to replace all 4 sensors at the same time. They have batteries and tend to have different life's. However, having said that and if you happened to be replacing tyres and you had a dud sensor or two it would make sense to do all of them IF your Porsche tech advised you too. They can tell what the battery life is you have left on each sensor.

Tyre does not need to be removed but they have to break the bead to get in there to replace a dead battery sensor. Once they have, tyre need to be re-beaded and re-balanced.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.