What Colour Is Your AUS MY22 Macan Order:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 GTS PNQ969F1
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Enthusiasts:

I’m keen to get a sense of trend for ordered colours here in Australia and I’m sure I’m not the only one who would find it interesting to see how it’s shaping up. Plus it may help sway future orders one way or the other. So if you don’t mind sharing, please use the poll above to indicate the colour you have ordered. I’ll go first with papaya metallic!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Went into the dealership set on Gentian blue.
There was a Cayenne on the floor in Night Blue - immediately changed my mind.

·
Registered
2022 GTS ordered PNNX4X91
36 Posts
In the end I went with metallic black, but with white contrast stitch interior to lighten the cabin a touch, but still wonder if I should've gone with the papaya contrast stitch.

I would've liked crayon but not for another AU$4.5k. I did consider a black leather interior and crayon outer as I wasn't going to fork out for both options. Also considered papaya (only seen in youtube videos), so wanted to see that colour option in the flesh before ordering, but didn't want to wait another few months to do so.

Also rather annoying that the nice 21" rims used in every promo shoot are another AU$3k. Just so many options, not sure how many times I've changed my mind and whether I've made the right choice, but it's locked it now...

·
Registered
Ordered Macan S PNUE2GE8
47 Posts
I was originally going to get Mamba Green after taking a while to convince the wife on this colour. We were told to wait and see what the 2022 model would bring and they dropped the Green. As the promos were in Papaya which is a bit of an out here colour I have to get that and the wife was surprisingly on board as well. I too would’ve like the 21” wheels but the cost was just crazy compared to the wheel prices from the Gen 2 upgrades. Hoping they have Papaya to view at Parramatta on the 23rd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was originally going to get Mamba Green after taking a while to convince the wife on this colour. We were told to wait and see what the 2022 model would bring and they dropped the Green. As the promos were in Papaya which is a bit of an out here colour I have to get that and the wife was surprisingly on board as well. I too would’ve like the 21” wheels but the cost was just crazy compared to the wheel prices from the Gen 2 upgrades. Hoping they have Papaya to view at Parramatta on the 23rd.

I just had a meeting with my SA this morning. I know that South Sydney will have a Papaya GTS with matching interior on the floor for the 23rd launch date. I’m super excited as it’s 95% my build.

·
Registered
Ordered Macan S PNUE2GE8
47 Posts
I just had a meeting with my SA this morning. I know that South Sydney will have a Papaya GTS with matching interior on the floor for the 23rd launch date. I’m super excited as it’s 95% my build.

You have my attention Sir. Might be heading there as well depending on what's on show at Parramatta. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You have my attention Sir. Might be heading there as well depending on what's on show at Parramatta. Thanks for the heads up.
Happy to be of service! The vehicles they had on their books for the 23rd were in the following colours: Gentian Blue, Papaya, Jet Black. Not sure if the Gentian Blue is specced with the matching interior though?

·
Registered
2022 Macan S PNXXS434
208 Posts
Happy to be of service! The vehicles they had on their books for the 23rd were in the following colours: Gentian Blue, Papaya, Jet Black. Not sure if the Gentian Blue is specced with the matching interior though?
Oh wow thats good to know. I ordered the Gentian Blue, so it be nice to see it in the flesh. The papaya was also on my list, so I would be keen to see it too. Do the guys from Parramatta know yet what they will have ?

·
Registered
2022 Macan S PNXXS434
208 Posts
Emailed Porsche Willougbhy’s as to what they would have available to look at and test drive on the 23 rd. Got a response saying, since I ordered at South Sydney, I should go there ! I am surprised Willoughby’s has customers. My sale was theirs to loose and they did, and keep on loosing it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Emailed Porsche Willougbhy’s as to what they would have available to look at and test drive on the 23 rd. Got a response saying, since I ordered at South Sydney, I should go there ! I am surprised Willoughby’s has customers. My sale was theirs to loose and they did, and keep on loosing it.
**** - that’s pretty poor. See you around 1000 at south sydney then? Haha

·
Registered
174 Posts
Kind of understandable really, they are not getting any business from you so don’t want to waste their time and money with you

·
Registered
2022 Macan S PNXXS434
208 Posts
Kind of understandable really, they are not getting any business from you so don’t want to waste their time and money with you
And won’t with them, the next time I buy a Porsche ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
And won’t with them, the next time I buy a Porsche ;)
Fair enough, I haven’t dealt with them but been to the dealerships a few times. You probably know but Willoughby and Parramatta are privately owned and South Sydney is company owned

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm very surprised to see a bold color like papaya be so popular. I guess what people vote for and what ends up on the road are two different things, especially with dealers doing most of the configuring.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts