Porsche Macan Forum banner
421 - 440 of 477 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Lawsuits being filed mean nothing. Large corporations file questionable nuisance lawsuits all day long. Did you see any examples where Michelin actually prevailed over Atturo in any of those lawsuits?

Not sure why you are asking for reviews and tests on the AZ850's when you already mentioned above they don't exist. If having those is a prerequisite for you to buy a tire, that's your prerogative. But it's certainly telling how you continue to ignore the dozens of forum members saying positive things about these tires when you yourself have zero experience with them and no negative reviews or tests to share. Obviously you don't think any of us are capable about making our own judgements on tires.

Perhaps a more appropriate response might have been "I know nothing about these tires, and I prefer to buy tires where I can see the results of professional reviews and testing". But that's not what you chose to do.
They've settled out of court with non disclosure...read that as you will, but it pretty well means someone ponied up some money to make the problem go away rather than picking a more expensive losing legal battle.

Dozens of subjective posts from people who have already invested in the product and want to justify their cheap purchases is not a substitute for an independent tire reviewer with objective empirical evidence of their performance.

Show me measurements of braking distances, skid pad/slalom numbers, lap times, noise measurements in dry, wet, and slippery conditions versus competitive tires from other brands.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Dozens of subjective posts from people who have already invested in the product and want to justify their cheap purchases
Spewing out insults will get you everywhere in life. By now most would have admitted they know nothing about the tires and moved on, but obviously you are not capable of that.

We do own two Macans, one with the Nspec Michelins and the other now with the AZ850's. So I own both tires and have no vested interest in promoting the Atturos. I have an extensive SCCA background and am confident I have the ability to evaluate tires better than most.

I did have the opportunity to track both cars, although we don't normally track either of these.

Originally bought the AZ850's based on all the positive comments from other Macan owners as well as the price. The price was so low I assumed I would just throw them away if I disliked them.

Based on all the positive comments I expected them to be decent, but I also assumed there had to be a hidden compromise somewhere. If there is, I have not be able to find it. It's amazing to me to find a tire that has much better treadlife while maintaining the dry road grip. And I've explored the limits of wet adhesion and there is little if any difference between them and the Michelins.

Someone else mentioned turn-in, and yes, the sidewalls are clearly softer than the Michelins. Explains why the Michelins have better turn-in, but at the same time a more compliant ride. So yeah, some would prefer the Michelins. But the difference in performance is negligible and many drivers would not be able to say which set of tires they are on.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I put Atturo in Tier 2 but they're probably more like a Tier 3....they're a budget tire without a strong brand behind them. Another way to look at it, you can pretty much guarantee that any Michelin you buy is going to be a good tire (most of the complaints out there are probably on vehicles with other issues)...with a Tier 2 Toyo or something, it'll be decent but hit and miss sometimes, with a Tier 3...you could get a great tire, you could get a dud, it's just hard to say and there's no guarantee that the brand will still be there tomorrow.
So we have established that you are a Michelin fan boy, and at the same time seem to have lots of comments about Atturo even though you really aren’t familiar with them and have no first-hand knowledge of them.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Do you have proof of this, or are you just making up more supposed facts.
Is this enough proof for you? I still don't see any reputable reviews from you.

So we have established that you are a Michelin fan boy, and at the same time seem to have lots of comments about Atturo even though you really aren’t familiar with them and have no first-hand knowledge of them.
Atturo = some no name tire that a few forum fan boys have a chip on their shoulder about someone calling them out as a tier 3 tire. I've seen the same nut swinging trend for brands on forums for the last couple decades. I've bought into forum hype a few times in the past with audio products, tools, car parts, and other things...on occasion they live up, more often than not they're just ok for the money.
Michelin = the world leader in tires that have consistently delivered top results in all areas by actual tests. I've owned a dozen different kinds of their tires on a variety of vehicles and have never once been let down by them. I have no shame in being a Michelin fan boy if that's what you want to call me.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Pretty amazing how we have someone claiming how poor Atturo tires are when he has zero personal experience with them and can't even offer up one negative review about them.

But yet Michelin has consistently delivered top results? Not sure how you can make such a claim with a straight face when you think about all the innocent people their defective tires have killed. Funny how you can't seem to find any claims about deaths caused by defective Atturo tires.

You might think you are successfully fooling some folks here, but you're not.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Pretty amazing how we have someone claiming how poor Atturo tires are when he has zero personal experience with them and can't even offer up one negative review about them.

But yet Michelin has consistently delivered top results? Not sure how you can make such a claim with a straight face when you think about all the innocent people their defective tires have killed. Funny how you can't seem to find any claims about deaths caused by defective Atturo tires.

You might think you are successfully fooling some folks here, but you're not.
You can't find anything about Atturo at all lol good, bad, ugly, notta.

·
Registered
408 Posts
You can't find anything about Atturo at all lol good, bad, ugly, notta.
Exactly, other than owners who have actual experience with the tires (who you claim can't possibly make unbiased reports about their experiences with the tires.)

So how did you become the self proclaimed expert on how bad Atturo tires are and what tier brand belongs in?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Exactly, other than owners who have actual experience with the tires (who you claim can't possibly make unbiased reports about their experiences with the tires.)

So how did you become the self proclaimed expert on how bad Atturo tires are and what tier brand belongs in?
Have I ever said they're bad? I've said they're cheap sure and maybe good value for money but they are not top tier tires.

They can't be unbias reports on them, it's all subjective. Did you put 10 different kinds of tires on your vehicle and measure their stopping distance on different surfaces? No? Didn't think so.

·
Registered
180 Posts
If they meet / exceed your expectations and you are happy with the price they are a good tyre regardless of brand

·
Registered
489 Posts
Have I ever said they're bad? I've said they're cheap sure and maybe good value for money but they are not top tier tires.

They can't be unbias reports on them, it's all subjective. Did you put 10 different kinds of tires on your vehicle and measure their stopping distance on different surfaces? No? Didn't think so.
You can try to backpedal all you want but you said they are "cheap crap". Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I'd like to hear how you determined they are cheap crap (or did you just make that up?).

Many people come here looking for thoughts on what replacement tires to buy, and I see nothing wrong with people sharing their experiences with different tires.

I put more value on someone's personal experience with tires on the exact same car I have versus someone like you who comes along and proclaims the tires are "cheap crap" with no basis whatsoever. You obviously don't understand this but many of us are long time contributors to this forum and have over time gotten to know each other and value each others opinions, recognizing that opinions are always based on perspective.

Sure it would be great if someone like Consumer Reports tested these tires for stopping distance, but that's unlikely to happen given these tires are made in such a small range of sizes. You yourself pointed out such tests don't exist, so I'm not sure why you continue to waste everyone's time asking for them. If a fellow forum member I've known for a long time tells me how well the tires performed in wet and dry panic stops with the same car I own IMO that's far more useful info versus someone who just comes along and declares the tires are cheap crap with no basis to his insults.

·
Registered
428 Posts
You can try to backpedal all you want but you said they are "cheap crap". Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I'd like to hear how you determined they are cheap crap (or did you just make that up?).

Many people come here looking for thoughts on what replacement tires to buy, and I see nothing wrong with people sharing their experiences with different tires.

I put more value on someone's personal experience with tires on the exact same car I have versus someone like you who comes along and proclaims the tires are "cheap crap" with no basis whatsoever. You obviously don't understand this but many of us are long time contributors to this forum and have over time gotten to know each other and value each others opinions, recognizing that opinions are always based on perspective.

Sure it would be great if someone like Consumer Reports tested these tires for stopping distance, but that's unlikely to happen given these tires are made in such a small range of sizes. You yourself pointed out such tests don't exist, so I'm not sure why you continue to waste everyone's time asking for them. If a fellow forum member I've known for a long time tells me how well the tires performed in wet and dry panic stops with the same car I own IMO that's far more useful info versus someone who just comes along and declares the tires are cheap crap with no basis to his insults.
Nobody is stopping you from continuing to parrot your subjective feelings on these tires.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Nobody is stopping you from continuing to parrot your subjective feelings on these tires.
If I chose to do so, at least there would be some reasonable basis supporting my opinion. Unlike you, who continues to try to trash tires you know nothing about and have no experience with.

Again, please tell us exactly how you determined the tires are "cheap crap". How about manning up and supporting your opinions versus continuing to spew out nonsensical garbage.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I think we are better to read the Atturo thread...

More informed consumers there

I know what I'll be doing when the time comes

On another car ( Dom Rep) I bought Hankooks.....
Our boy would have field day w/ that !!!!

Remember- Atturo's are General Tire.... not shabby

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've had "tier 2" (or 3 or 4) tyres on my Macan S (Google Radar 800+ or something) when the pandemic messed up supply chains to the bottom of Africa and the difference to the N-spec Continentals (which I have on now) was not really noticeable with normal driving. The softer sidewalls, similar to the Atturo I imagine, were the only perceptible difference and made the ride softer but with no less grip in normal driving (as well as in torrential rain).

So I think it's SomeGuy who's been drinking the "Tier 1" Kool-aid.

·
Registered
2017 Macan GTS
183 Posts
I like Tire Rack type reviews and did manage to find a couple:
Atturo Tire Reviews and Ratings | 1010Tires.com Online Tire and Wheels Store and Atturo AZ850 Tires | 1010Tires.com Online Tire Store
even Amazon: Amazon.com: Customer reviews: Atturo AZ800 Performance Radial Tire - 255/50R19 107W

In 2016 they had a big problem with out-of-round tires but have since fixed the problem and handled it well at the time. 99.5% of what I saw was very positive.

I don't think we can get Atturo tires in Canada, at least not from local tire shops. Pity.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I tried the Atturo AZ850s when I had my 2017 Audi Q7. That vehicle ate through tires like crazy and so for the cost factor was willing to give them a shot. Well, I can easily say they out performed and drove better then the double the price OEM name tires. Forget the fact that the AZ850 cost so much less. I would gladly pay twice the price for them, they are that good. I would even go as far to say that when I built my Macan GTS I had the AZ850s in mind when picking my wheel size. I was really bummed to learn that they are not available in the OEM 20" Spyder size (I had my heart set on the true GTS wheels) and almost switched to the black sport classics just so I could get some AZ850s. I am hopeful that by the time whatever tires come on my GTS wear out, the AZ850s are available to replace them. I would not even consider any other tire if they are.

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts
I tried the Atturo AZ850s when I had my 2017 Audi Q7. That vehicle ate through tires like crazy and so for the cost factor was willing to give them a shot. Well, I can easily say they out performed and drove better then the double the price OEM name tires. Forget the fact that the AZ850 cost so much less. I would gladly pay twice the price for them, they are that good. I would even go as far to say that when I built my Macan GTS I had the AZ850s in mind when picking my wheel size. I was really bummed to learn that they are not available in the OEM 20" Spyder size (I had my heart set on the true GTS wheels) and almost switched to the black sport classics just so I could get some AZ850s. I am hopeful that by the time whatever tires come on my GTS wear out, the AZ850s are available to replace them. I would not even consider any other tire if they are.
So, I wrote them:
William,

Thank you for reaching out to Atturo Tires. We make our AZ850 in your front size of 265/45R20 but the rear size is currently unavailable. We do have plans to make this size though. In the meantime, we do have the AZ850 in 285/40R20 which is about ¼ of an inch different in overall diameter than the fronts 265/45R20.

Regards,

[email protected]
Direct: +1-855-632-8031

That is probably close enough for me to try these.

421 - 440 of 477 Posts