Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's getting near time to replace my Michelin Latitude Sport 3 (21") tires.

I first learned of - and read here the positive comments about Atturo tires, and would appreciate if anyone who has installed Atturo tires on their Macan could update with your review and comments.

It is hard to believe that a tire so inexpensive (compared to the other big names) could be a consideration. Seems too good to be true.

https://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/tiresbysize/details?pt=Atturo+Tires+AZ850+295/35ZR21+XL+107Y+BK&width=295&profile=35&dia=21&partno=Att-ATTA7IMAAFE

Thanks!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Not too good to be true! I had them on my 21s all summer. You won't go wrong with them. Amazing performance for the $

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
It's getting near time to replace my Michelin Latitude Sport 3 (21") tires.

I first learned of - and read here the positive comments about Atturo tires, and would appreciate if anyone who has installed Atturo tires on their Macan could update with your review and comments.

It is hard to believe that a tire so inexpensive (compared to the other big names) could be a consideration. Seems too good to be true.

https://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/tiresbysize/details?pt=Atturo+Tires+AZ850+295/35ZR21+XL+107Y+BK&width=295&profile=35&dia=21&partno=Att-ATTA7IMAAFE

Thanks!
There is plenty of Feedback from 2-3 people. Search the threads. Everyone installed them couldn’t believe how good they are for the price. I upgraded from Michelin Latitude Sports to Arturo’s a few months ago. I couldn’t be happier and I think they are better than the Michelin’s. Quiet, great ride and good handling. No brainer for the price

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is plenty of Feedback from 2-3 people. Search the threads. Everyone installed them couldn’t believe how good they are for the price. I upgraded from Michelin Latitude Sports to Arturo’s a few months ago. I couldn’t be happier and I think they are better than the Michelin’s. Quiet, great ride and good handling. No brainer for the price
I know.... it was 2-3 people, all was positive, was wondering if more have purchased since then. Great to hear you would recommend! Looks like the way to go, especially since all my driving is around town/highway - normal, no high speed competition or track.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
I replaced front at 24k miles and already got the rear delivered recently. Nice surprise and I'm impressed.

Attachments

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I replaced front at 24k miles and already got the rear delivered recently. Nice surprise and I'm impressed.
Vas
Can't open your attached photo, could you please clarify what you are saying? Can you give opinion on the Atturo tires after time using? Thanks

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will certainly take your observation into consideration when deciding whether or not to buy these tires Teddis, thank you

·
Registered
143 Posts
It sucks because I can't seem to find them for the 20" wheels when I search most places. I read a lot on this forum about them but never seemed to find them. Seen some brand called Radar Dimax pop up in those sizes and same price range and decent reviews.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Vas
Can't open your attached photo, could you please clarify what you are saying? Can you give opinion on the Atturo tires after time using? Thanks
These are summer Z tires and really holding up well for my aggressive driving. 20k+ miles on them now and no visible tread wear. Very quiet compared to Michelin A/S.

Rears are almost bald, so going with Atturo and got the pair delivered for $220 plus tax from simpletires.com

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Someone on the Q5 had real bad tread separation issues with this tire:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/should-i-pull-trigger-21-atturo-tires-2883368/page3/

Post 11

Did some research, looks like Federal makes these and rebrands them as Atturo. As tempting as the price is, I don't think I'll be putting my family on off brand Taiwanese tires. Probably gonna try the Michelin Sport 4 S, maybe they'll be N0 rated by the time I wear down my PZeros.
Did you even read the Audi thread you referenced? The person who claimed they had tread separation doesn't even know what tread separation is. See the pictures that they posted.

Isn't it funny how you didn't even mention the thread you referenced has a bunch of owners who were very happy with the Atturo tires with this one exception.

Exactly what do you mean by "off brand" tires? Do you mean they don't have the huge advertising budgets that Michelin and Goodyear that you are paying for when you buy their tires?

And please tell us exactly what the issue is with tires made in Taiwan. Have you ever even been to Taiwan? If you had any familiarity at all, you would know that Taiwan has become a first class manufacturing powerhouse with quality controls generally superior to similar plants in the U.S.

Do you have proof of your allegation that Atturo tires are rebranded Federal tires?

Feel free to spend as much as you want on tires, but there's no need for baseless scare tactics to make those of us interested in not wasting money feel like we might be putting our families in danger.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Did you even read the Audi thread you referenced? The person who claimed they had tread separation doesn't even know what tread separation is. See the pictures that they posted.

Isn't it funny how you didn't even mention the thread you referenced has a bunch of owners who were very happy with the Atturo tires with this one exception.

Exactly what do you mean by "off brand" tires? Do you mean they don't have the huge advertising budgets that Michelin and Goodyear that you are paying for when you buy their tires?

And please tell us exactly what the issue is with tires made in Taiwan. Have you ever even been to Taiwan? If you had any familiarity at all, you would know that Taiwan has become a first class manufacturing powerhouse with quality controls generally superior to similar plants in the U.S.

Do you have proof of your allegation that Atturo tires are rebranded Federal tires?

Feel free to spend as much as you want on tires, but there's no need for baseless scare tactics to make those of us interested in not wasting money feel like we might be putting our families in danger.
Imagine being so angry about defending poverty tires online lol

Atturo tells you right on their website that Federal makes their tires for them. Hope that helps.
https://atturo.com/az800/

Lots of people are happy with brand new tires, especially when comparing them to worn out old tires. I'm sure there are a lot of great experiences for owners with these tires, but I'll spend more for the only contact patches the vehicle has with the ground on name brand tires. Save your money elsewhere like using Indy shops to do regular maintenance or use Costco brand gas.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Imagine being so angry about defending poverty tires online lol

Atturo tells you right on their website that Federal makes their tires for them. Hope that helps.
https://atturo.com/az800/

Lots of people are happy with brand new tires, especially when comparing them to worn out old tires. I'm sure there are a lot of great experiences for owners with these tires, but I'll spend more for the only contact patches the vehicle has with the ground on name brand tires. Save your money elsewhere like using Indy shops to do regular maintenance or use Costco brand gas.
Of course Federal makes these tires. This has been discussed before and you are not telling us anything new. But again, you claimed they are re-branded Federal tires. Do you have proof of your allegation? Apparently not. Exactly which Federal tire is this a re-brand of?

Not angry at all. Just pointing out a purposely misleading post for what it is. You sound pretty desperate resorting to calling these tires "poverty tires". Pretty funny, but it's now clear to anyone reading this post what your intentions are.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Of course Federal makes these tires. This has been discussed before and you are not telling us anything new. But again, you claimed they are re-branded Federal tires. Do you have proof of your allegation? Apparently not. Exactly which Federal tire is this a re-brand of?

Not angry at all. Just pointing out a purposely misleading post for what it is. You sound pretty desperate resorting to calling these tires "poverty tires". Pretty funny, but it's now clear to anyone reading this post what your intentions are.
You make a great point and have convinced me these tires are great. I'm writing PCNA today to complain that they could have saved me $1k and mounted these Archeros from the factory

·
Registered
954 Posts
Lots of people are happy with brand new tires, especially when comparing them to worn out old tires.
The fact is that plenty of forum members have been very happy with these tires after long-term use, not just after a few days.

Perfectly understandable that the very low price is scaring away some potential purchasers. I recall when Falken started marketing tires here in the US. They charged very low prices in order to try to break into the market, and unfortunately the perception was that they were selling substandard tires. But today they are a legitimate, well regarded brand.

·
Registered
966 Posts
If you read the FM Forum, where tires wear out very quickly,
you'll find all sorts of great tires at great prices.

Rears last about 10k miles... fronts 15k... in that league
We bought a lot of tires !!!! Often !!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have a similar experience with winter tires? Next winter I would like to put some winter tires on a second set of rims.

1 - 20 of 271 Posts