Porsche Macan Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not ordering sport design mirrors. They look sharp, and are easier to clean and polish than the textured black plastic.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Mine’s an ‘18 also. I got more than I wanted. I had four qualifiers: 18-way seats, chrono pkg, air suspension and no trailer hitch.

When I found it, it just happened to be Carmine Red w/black leather and CF trimming. Along with my four qualifiers…

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
22 Posts
My biggest mistake was ordering the 14-way seats...No matter what I have tried I cannot get them comfortable.... This is the best car I have ever owned in more than 65 years of driving - but the seats.... ugh. Had I to do it over I'd get the regular 8-way seats. As it is the car and I are parting ways. I will truly hate to see it go, but go it must - I'm going back into Corvettes. (My C8 will be my 8th Corvette in slightly more than 31 years - amassing 979,000+ miles. 21K miles and I'll join a very rare club - 1,000,000 miles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was sorry I bought a black Macan S within a few days of owning it. One and done on that color—shows dirt too easily. Liked volcano grey and metallic white previously. Waiting on a white 2022 Macan S. I might go for a custom color next time. No problems whatsoever with the 2 Macan S vehicles I’ve owned.

·
Registered
14 Posts
After 46 years of almost exclusively having small BMW's as my daily this is my favorite daily driver. My previous car was a 2020 M240i and it was a fun car on back roads but if I am doing that I will take the '93 C2. The BMW left me with a back ache on every (frequent) long drive.

With the inevitable transition to electric down the road I decided to spec a Macan that I could live with until the charging infrastructure finally fills in and the tech makes sense to me. I started out specking out a '21 Macan S with everything I could want and was looking at around a $95k build. The guy helping with my order told me to spec the same build as a GTS and I think it was only about $3k more. WOW, dodged that bullet. I love the special sports purpose feel of the GTS vs friends non air suspension S that I have driven a bit. It is a hoot to drive and my old 911 is seeing a bit less time on the road. So glad I ordered when I did as I hate the grill and other exterior changes plus the haptic finger print magnets on the 2022 GTS. I checked every performance option and feel like I got my monies worth as I drive it pretty hard frequently. The race tex headliner makes me smile every time I look around though it might be better if I did not have the sunroof that I do not use. Love the color inside and out, the wheels, brakes....

Singular regret: center console charging slot. Nearly $700 for a slot that overheats my iPhone and only adds about 1% charge per hour. Not to mention out of site out of mind and I would leave it over and over in the car.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was sorry I bought a black Macan S within a few days of owning it. One and done on that color—shows dirt too easily. Liked volcano grey and metallic white previously. Waiting on a white 2022 Macan S. I might go for a custom color next time. No problems whatsoever with the 2 Macan S vehicles I’ve owned.
yikes! i just put deposit on black...🫣
i had silver 2015 for 7 years, loved it, but everytime i saw a clean black, **** they look good. so i ordered a black...even my wife said you sure u can handle a black car? i guess griots will be my new best friend.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
If I were doing it again, I would do the interior color headliner, and carpet, Lord knows what that would cost!! I prefer light color interiors. I did deviated stitching on the dash and doors. I would do the seats next time, too. Both minor cosmetic issues. Otherwise, I am delighted with my new Chalk S.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a black 2019 macan S and I can confirm, it’s a major PIA to keep clean. But I wash it once every 1-2 weeks, and I have to say that I think it’s worth it. It’s the best looking color and I love that **** thing!
I have had many silver and white cars which tend to be easy to care for and keep clean (did I mention scratches, swirls, and water spots). My Chalk Macan is the easiest car I've had by far. The car is currently quite dirty though you can only tell by looking at the rear window. Add in the PSCB and satin classic wheels and the car practically never needs cleaning!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Although I haven't even received my car yet (2022 Papaya Macan S), my biggest mistake so far has been to discover this forum after my build had locked.
Upon hours of browsing, I learnt that:
  • BOSE crushes the base audio system, which is literally the worst set of speakers on Earth. FWIW, after comparing both systems, I much preferred the sound of the latter which felt "fuller" while the former seemed to lack range in the mids. My SA agreed with me and described the BOSE as a surround upgrade at a slight expense in sound quality. But still, the collective hivemind has spoken.
  • Papaya with red brake calipers are, here again, an abomination. If you did not option the PSCB and tinted brake lights ($6,000 for both) to fix Porsche's design choices, you obviously need to enroll into art school and learn a proper sense of taste.
  • Side blades, which I thought looked awesome, do not and should be painted body color to turn the Macan into a mini Cayenne.
  • Chrome anywhere on the car is a sin. Check all the boxes and turn these into gloss black. Hmm, perfection!
  • GTS is the only trim worth ordering.
  • All cars should come with RS Spyder design wheels.
  • Safety options are a bane and should be opted out or disabled ASAP.
Sarcasm aside, my car hasn't even started to build that I'm already a bit resentful about it. o_O
Although I am sure all my worries will disappear the day the car my wife and I spent so long crafting to our exact needs lands at my dealership, I sometimes envy my less-fortunate friends who only got to choose between two options when ordering their family SUVs. ;)

This forum is an absolute goldmine of information, but sometimes, ignorance is bliss!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Although I haven't even received my car yet (2022 Papaya Macan S), my biggest mistake so far has been to discover this forum after my build had locked.
Upon hours of browsing, I learnt that:
  • BOSE crushes the base audio system, which is literally the worst set of speakers on Earth. FWIW, after comparing both systems, I much preferred the sound of the latter which felt "fuller" while the former seemed to lack range in the mids. My SA agreed with me and described the BOSE as a surround upgrade at a slight expense in sound quality. But still, the collective hivemind has spoken.
  • Papaya with red brake calipers are, here again, an abomination. If you did not option the PSCB and tinted brake lights ($6,000 for both) to fix Porsche's design choices, you obviously need to enroll into art school and learn a proper sense of taste.
  • Side blades, which I thought looked awesome, do not and should be painted body color to turn the Macan into a mini Cayenne.
  • Chrome anywhere on the car is a sin. Check all the boxes and turn these into gloss black. Hmm, perfection!
  • GTS is the only trim worth ordering.
  • All cars should come with RS Spyder design wheels.
  • Safety options are a bane and should be opted out or disabled ASAP.
Sarcasm aside, my car hasn't even started to build that I'm already a bit resentful about it. o_O
Although I am sure all my worries will disappear the day the car my wife and I spent so long crafting to our exact needs lands at my dealership, I sometimes envy my less-fortunate friends who only got to choose between two options when ordering their family SUVs. ;)

This forum is an absolute goldmine of information, but sometimes, ignorance is bliss!
Don’t beat yourself up just because of a bunch of opinions found on an Internet forum. Most people on this and other car-related forums are more enthusiast-minded, the reality though is that we are a minority of the population of Macan buyers. Hence you will see more people here say that you should only consider a GTS. But the S is still a very good car with the same but detuned engine, and even a base Macan is a 100x better than other sporty SUVs like the BMW X3.

I think you were smart to test out the two audio systems in person; if you felt the base system was better, then save your money and don’t second-guess yourself because a bunch of strangers on the internet think otherwise.

I myself disagree with some of the notions you listed. I like the look and contrast of the black side blades, so I got those instead of body-colored. I also prefer to have some safety tech features like Surround View and ACC, as I have them on my previous vehicles and find them useful. I kept the standard wheels, though admittedly for budget reasons. Had I been willing to spend more, I would personally get the Turbo wheels.

At the end of the day, you should always do you. The world would be boring if everyone did the same things :) That all said, welcome to the forum and enjoy the anxious waiting with those of us waiting for our Macans

41 - 54 of 54 Posts