yikes! i just put deposit on black...I was sorry I bought a black Macan S within a few days of owning it. One and done on that color—shows dirt too easily. Liked volcano grey and metallic white previously. Waiting on a white 2022 Macan S. I might go for a custom color next time. No problems whatsoever with the 2 Macan S vehicles I’ve owned.
I have had many silver and white cars which tend to be easy to care for and keep clean (did I mention scratches, swirls, and water spots). My Chalk Macan is the easiest car I've had by far. The car is currently quite dirty though you can only tell by looking at the rear window. Add in the PSCB and satin classic wheels and the car practically never needs cleaning!I have a black 2019 macan S and I can confirm, it’s a major PIA to keep clean. But I wash it once every 1-2 weeks, and I have to say that I think it’s worth it. It’s the best looking color and I love that **** thing!
Don’t beat yourself up just because of a bunch of opinions found on an Internet forum. Most people on this and other car-related forums are more enthusiast-minded, the reality though is that we are a minority of the population of Macan buyers. Hence you will see more people here say that you should only consider a GTS. But the S is still a very good car with the same but detuned engine, and even a base Macan is a 100x better than other sporty SUVs like the BMW X3.Although I haven't even received my car yet (2022 Papaya Macan S), my biggest mistake so far has been to discover this forum after my build had locked.
Upon hours of browsing, I learnt that:
Sarcasm aside, my car hasn't even started to build that I'm already a bit resentful about it.
- BOSE crushes the base audio system, which is literally the worst set of speakers on Earth. FWIW, after comparing both systems, I much preferred the sound of the latter which felt "fuller" while the former seemed to lack range in the mids. My SA agreed with me and described the BOSE as a surround upgrade at a slight expense in sound quality. But still, the collective hivemind has spoken.
- Papaya with red brake calipers are, here again, an abomination. If you did not option the PSCB and tinted brake lights ($6,000 for both) to fix Porsche's design choices, you obviously need to enroll into art school and learn a proper sense of taste.
- Side blades, which I thought looked awesome, do not and should be painted body color to turn the Macan into a mini Cayenne.
- Chrome anywhere on the car is a sin. Check all the boxes and turn these into gloss black. Hmm, perfection!
- GTS is the only trim worth ordering.
- All cars should come with RS Spyder design wheels.
- Safety options are a bane and should be opted out or disabled ASAP.
Although I am sure all my worries will disappear the day the car my wife and I spent so long crafting to our exact needs lands at my dealership, I sometimes envy my less-fortunate friends who only got to choose between two options when ordering their family SUVs.
This forum is an absolute goldmine of information, but sometimes, ignorance is bliss!