Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Only two. Not being able to find a Turbo Performance Package and replying to a thread where I’m referred to as a “Macanner”.

·
Registered
784 Posts
It's a bit of a stretch to say it's a regret but not getting the gauge faces in red. I only got the chrono clock in red. Honestly though, it's not really that big of a deal as I think I would be bothered by the lack of symmetry with it being just the left and center face in red but the right LCD display staying predominantly in black. I poured over the options extensively and honestly, I got every option I wanted in the color combination I wanted.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Red seats affect resell value?
Its only anecdotal but I was searching for a Turbo with the PP option for months, from Maryland to Maine. I was following available cars closely and could see when cars droped off the available inventory. It just seemed to me that red interiors were on the market longer. I also have a bias against red interiors so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Reactions: 95B3.6

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 GTS PNQ969F1
208 Posts
Not spending the money on illuminated door sills. I know it sounds petty, but it would have been a nice little highlight getting into the car.

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 GTS PNQ969F1
208 Posts
You can still get them and install them! I just installed the PORSCHE puddle lights and love them!
I did the same regards puddle lamps! But as I understand it the illuminated sills are slightly more tricky. There is no wiring apparatus in place to power them so from I see you need splice them into the door lights etc. Doable but a little untidy.

·
Registered
2015 S, 1987 911-Sold
277 Posts
@Yuman, red seats require the “right buyer” and most find them too loud, so it can limit your buyer pool.

At the time, the sales rep recommended black because of the usual Porsche buyer. However, I’ll be picking red seats and a loud exterior color for my next car.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I special-ordered a low-optioned 2019 base Macan and paid just over $50k USD for it (after dealer discount, and before trade-in). No sunroof, no wheel upgrade, no leather upgrade ... just LCA, ACC, exterior paint, 14-way seats. Perfect car for me. Zero regrets at not spending more for other features, and zero regrets for not getting the Macan S that I'd been originally planning on getting for a whole year. Coming from ownership of two Panameras, I was well familiar with Porsche options in terms of what I liked/needed/wanted, and what I didn't need/like/want -- so not much chance for me to be regretful. I know way more than most dealership salesmen do about Porsche options. My dealer salesman insisted on givng me a heated steering wheel for free because I wasn't going to pay for it, and he said that here in New England, it would be a huge issue for them to resell my car again if it lacked the heated steering wheel, and he figured correctly that I'll probably be going back to the same dealership to trade it in eventually (I can wear gloves if it's cold, and I really don't care about getting options merely for the next owner to enjoy upon trade-in).

One reason I keep buying Porsches is because I can get what I want and not get what I don't want -- so am happy that glass roofs, auto-dimming mirrors, touch-door locking/unlocking, etc., are all optional and not standard (keeping the starting price down); it's worth it for me to pay more money for all the options to get what I want (as much as everybody complains about the high cost of Porsche options). I feel like the Macan that I got is a huge bargain for the price, and the perfect last new car I'll ever buy without a plug. Porsche probably dislikes buyers like me (who don't add in optional "packages" and add in the many options that the majority of people do get) -- as I benefit from spending much less money than most other buyers do (at their expense, ultimately), while still getting a fabulous Porsche to drive. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I live in the SF Bay Area (Northern California) and drive the hwy 101 to work (I call it the graveyard corridor because I always see multi-car accidents on it). One early morning on my way to work I had a giant rock hit my front windshield and had to have it replaced. After that incident I changed to driving hwy 280 - more scenic but longer distance. A couple weeks later I was late to work so I took hwy 101 and sure enough, another big rock cracked my front windshield! I’ve been lucky the rest of the car has been unscathed :)

·
Registered
457 Posts
I live in the SF Bay Area (Northern California) and drive the hwy 101 to work (I call it the graveyard corridor because I always see multi-car accidents on it). One early morning on my way to work I had a giant rock hit my front windshield and had to have it replaced. After that incident I changed to driving hwy 280 - more scenic but longer distance. A couple weeks later I was late to work so I took hwy 101 and sure enough, another big rock cracked my front windshield! I’ve been lucky the rest of the car has been unscathed :)
Been there... When my Macan was only 2 months old, a bunch of gravel flew off a dump truck in front of me on an expressway, and got my windshield. I've become much more cautious about getting close to pickups, dump trucks, and semis as a result, changing lanes to pass them when I'm very far behind them and getting around them as fast as possible... Having your windshield cracked when 2000 miles from home on a weekend is one royal pain.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Having very few miles on the ODO it's hard to say but honestly, I can't think of one regret other than the car I gave up. The Cayman was a brilliant sports car and a modern classic with the MT. I loved driving that thing. I do love this GTS though. It's a different animal but so far it's a sweet replacement.

·
Registered
74 Posts
No regrets here. After reading through the thread, glad to see the vehicle I picked had 18 way seats, red interior, red gauges, and is Chalk. I will admit I almost had the regret of buying a Turbo in practically the same configuration (white gauges, CF interior accents, and better brakes) however a buddy swayed me to get the GTS since it came with air suspension.

It worked out even more in the end because my GTS had 7k less miles, came CPO, and was $10K cheaper!! Don’t think I could’ve done better at this point!

·
Registered
2017 Macan S, rhodium silver, PTV/PASM, PP+, COBB, driven on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway track
242 Posts
If I ordered now, would have ordered SC. But not a true regret as this is my daily.

I do regret not getting the 18 ways/PSE though.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts