Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me, I had two chances to upgrade my 17 GTS 20" wheels to 21" black classic wheels via this forum, but didn't move fastest enough. In my case, speed counts.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Same as @yrralis1 bought the car before it hit the market. The SA really wasn’t aware of all the options. Missed the 3 zone A/C a bad moved now that I live in AZ. Had to add PSE and Sport Mirrors after delivery which cost double after the build. Hind sight 20/20 now I know.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I ordered the 3 zone system on my '15 S thanks to @yrralis1 and others on this forum. My biggest regret was not getting SC. Can't really remember my thought process there - probably $.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
I shudder to admit this. Thankfully I got a lot better and somewhat smarter as time went on. I was on my third Macan, a beautiful black Turbo, a lot car, but it really checked all the boxes for me. I knew what I wanted and found it in Jackson, Mississippi, a long drive. Traded my Macan Turbo for it and promptly drove to the Dragon.

Less than a year later the Gen2 Raptor came out and it wasn’t just calling my name, it was screaming it. I found one in stock at a dealer in NJ, gave me a trade number which I later realized made the word lowball look good, and I traded it for the Raptor. I got tired of that after 8 months, traded it for a Panamera 4, disliked it, underpowered, traded it for a 911 C4 which didn’t have SC, missed that, traded it for a 911T with SC and RWS and it was awesome. Traded it for an M5, ten months later dumped that for my current Cayenne GTS. All were new vehicles.
I still miss that last Macan and rue the day I traded it.

While the V8 and exhaust note of the Cayenne GTS is amazing, and I feel just those two things make it “better” and more desirable than a new Macan, I miss the PDK. IMHO, the greatest transmission ever.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
I wish I had leather on the dashboard. My SA didn’t know much about the Macan back then and I thought leather was only available on the seats. Well, on the next one. 😀

Reactions: notmac1

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I shudder to admit this. Thankfully I got a lot better and somewhat smarter as time went on. I was on my third Macan, a beautiful black Turbo, a lot car, but it really checked all the boxes for me. I knew what I wanted and found it in Jackson, Mississippi, a long drive. Traded my Macan Turbo for it and promptly drove to the Dragon.

Less than a year later the Gen2 Raptor came out and it wasn’t just calling my name, it was screaming it. I found one in stock at a dealer in NJ, gave me a trade number which I later realized made the word lowball look good, and I traded it for the Raptor. I got tired of that after 8 months, traded it for a Panamera 4, disliked it, underpowered, traded it for a 911 C4 which didn’t have SC, missed that, traded it for a 911T with SC and RWS and it was awesome. Traded it for an M5, ten months later dumped that for my current Cayenne GTS. All were new vehicles.
I still miss that last Macan and rue the day I traded it.

While the V8 and exhaust note of the Cayenne GTS is amazing, and I feel just those two things make it “better” and more desirable than a new Macan, I miss the PDK. IMHO, the greatest transmission ever.
Straying a bit off-topic here, but I agree with @MDJAK about exhaust note. For us males of..ahem...a certain age, the rumble at idle, and the roar at full throttle of a healthy 90 degree V8 can't be duplicated. It just can't. I would describe it in lustier terms, but I never know when @grim may be awake. ;) I know flat crank V8's are all the rage, but please...a four on steroids? No comparison.
So back to the topic, sort of.. I miss, and wish I could have specified, the exhaust note of my '15 S which had NO sport exhaust, but was the best sounding turbo V6 ever, IMO.😥

Reactions: RoggieRog

·
Registered
2020 Macan Turbo
99 Posts
Found a 20 CPO turbo without air suspension. I’ve really enjoyed it, but every time I look at it the stance bothers me. Sits way too high. Fast forward 5 months later and I’m waiting for my new GTS arrival.

·
Premium Member
4,179 Posts
Best move I made the other way was a conversation with me and me SA about the treacherous access to my S.O.'s fishing club in the outback of B.C. I said to him that this was not an improved road, it was not an unimproved road, it was a no road and I needed the button that put the car in the air. Bingo! He added the air suspension and the other stuff. What a great decision that was as it took .03 seconds to make.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
My biggest regret was not getting all the options I wanted on my first Macan GTS, I rectified that with my second Macan GTS purchase two years later....

Reactions: RoggieRog

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bought my 2015 S used from an Audi dealer up country sight unseen. Got a fantastic deal as they weren't aware the car had air suspension or a retractable towbar which are essential for my purposes as I use the car for trips off the beaten path.

Only regret was that it didn't have roof rails. Space is becoming a problem with a kid and a dog that travels everywhere with us. But we make a plan, like putting the 8-man tent and chairs on the bike rack when we go camping. Lol.

And as mentioned by others, no rear A/C was a bit of a shock but I can live without it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I’m hoping that I have no regrets after delivery, thanks to all the info and critiques that I researched here before my order locked.

Well…I do regret that my wife picked White (she had final say on colors). I should have sent her every Papaya/Gentian/Miami Blue picture from the forums to sway her differently ;)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts