Porsche Macan Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Wow! I kneel before you oh great observer. Thanks for your viewpoint. I learn a lot from this forum and this is why it is so great.
Agree, there are a lot of very knowledgeable folk on various topics willing to help others and share their info. Its a great forum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had HP Michelin summer tires on my B9 S4 and decided to go with the Michelin AS 3 S when it was time to replace them and there was definitely a bit more roll/push feel on turn in with the AS. It was not terrible and it is a street car so it was good enough. Fast forward to putting new tires on the 17 Macan GTS - I replaced the Pirelli Scorpion Verde AS with the Scorpion Zero AS Plus and noticed an immediate improvement. It's not just the AS vs Summer category, its also the tire within the category. I run dedicated snow tires in the winter but I like the AS for the early spring through late fall and I am willing to give up a bit a handling.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The difference between summer and all season tires on the Macan is definitely very noticeable. Can’t wait to put back on my summer tires every year as even the every day handling and steering feel is that much crisper.

But that doesn’t mean summer tires are the right answer for some of us where are the summer season is very short. And it’s not like all season tires or going to totally ruin the car. The Macan handles reasonably well even when I have my winter tires on.

I definitely do subscribe to the fact summer tires stop the car faster in warmer temperatures. And it’s the same reason I go to winter tires in colder weather versus the all seasons. My thinking is if they keep you out of one accident it was worth the hassle of switching them over.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts