Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Macan S
10 Posts
I have a 2021 S and had the same experience, no box code for mine. It has been over a month now. I’ve had the APR products on other cars and very happy. APR teased us w/ this release, and I have only seen posts about not having the box codes instead of reports on how great it is.
I've had their tunes on other cars as well and swear by them! Unfortunate how this is turning out, hopefully we all hear something soon.

·
Registered
2021 Macan S
63 Posts
I received a call yesterday from my tuning shop in SE PA that APR has released the ecu flash for additional box codes for the 95B.2 S. The APR flash for my 2021 is ready and my appt is scheduled for 6/3/22. For those waiting, call your shops to ask.

·
Registered
2021 Macan S
63 Posts
i had the APR flash loaded this past Friday. In the shop time was less than an hour. The S runs very strong and the turbo kicks in hard when summoned. From a rolling start it hits 70mph instantly, and you are immediately up the ass of the car ahead of you. I live near too much traffic and don’t have enough straight roads around to test the limits yet. Nothing violent about the tune, and when you’re driving around under 25mpg you really can’t tell it is pumped up. My feeling is a P dealer would not notice it driving around the service lot. A dealer would only see the ecu flash count which doesn’t necessarily mean a tune was added, b/c you could have had your car serviced at multiple dealers where required software updates were done…..At my first oil change the dealer said they had to do an ecu update.

With that said, the pedal lag is still there to some degree if you have a right foot accustomed to a NA car. I have a Roar Pedal and after driving around for a day w/ the Roar off and the APR flash, I adjusted the Roar Pedal to my favorite pre-flash setting. IMO I have found the happy place for the Macan S and it is so strong and flick-able now. I can aim it and fire like a laser. I’m a happy customer with an awesome suv.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i had the APR flash loaded this past Friday. In the shop time was less than an hour. The S runs very strong and the turbo kicks in hard when summoned. From a rolling start it hits 70mph instantly, and you are immediately up the ass of the car ahead of you. I live near too much traffic and don’t have enough straight roads around to test the limits yet. Nothing violent about the tune, and when you’re driving around under 25mpg you really can’t tell it is pumped up. My feeling is a P dealer would not notice it driving around the service lot. A dealer would only see the ecu flash count which doesn’t necessarily mean a tune was added, b/c you could have had your car serviced at multiple dealers where required software updates were done…..At my first oil change the dealer said they had to do an ecu update.

With that said, the pedal lag is still there to some degree if you have a right foot accustomed to a NA car. I have a Roar Pedal and after driving around for a day w/ the Roar off and the APR flash, I adjusted the Roar Pedal to my favorite pre-flash setting. IMO I have found the happy place for the Macan S and it is so strong and flick-able now. I can aim it and fire like a laser. I’m a happy customer with an awesome suv.
I have a 2019 S and was holding out for APR but finally went with the Cobb Accessport, I'm very happy with the result but would love to see some side by side comparisons with the APR tune. Enjoy and drive safe!

·
Registered
2019 Macan S
10 Posts
Got my tune applied today and all I can say is wow, what a joy to drive! This is my second car with an APR tune and the car honestly drives better with the tune than it does stock. Highly recommend to anyone considering.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts