Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
This is strictly a connection to your OBD port. No need to remove the ECU. You only remove it if you have to send it to someone for the programming. Most performance shops, specially the ones that work on Porsches, Audis and VWs provide this service. I found 3 shops that provide APR tunes within a 15 mile radius in my little town of Charleston, SC. They download the software directly from APR and install it to your vehicle via OBD port. I've had this done to two previous GTIs, Cayenne , Touareg, Audi SQ5 and Q7. Vehicles were completely trouble free and some even got better MPGs from the ECU tune.

Registered
Thanks. They have done all the ECU tunes for my VWs, Audis and Porsches. His daughter is my sons age and went to HS together. My son parked his GTI next to her Jetta GLI cause he noticed she had APR Tune stickers on her car. My son is now a senior in college in mechanical engineering and has interned at three German auto supply manufacturing plants here in SC. I promised him an Audi S3 or Golf R if he goes to college and graduates. It looks like I'll be paying the bet but its one I don't mind losing.馃槈

Registered
Took mine in last Friday but my APR dealer had a hard time installing and gave up. Said APR had not posted the correct box codes. I contacted APR and they are supposed to relay info to my APR and reschedule the install, hopefully successful this time. You might want to contact your installer to make sure they can unlock the box codes.

Registered
sorry, mistyped. corrected.........Took mine in last Friday but my APR dealer had a hard time installing and gave up. Said APR had not posted the correct box codes. I contacted APR and they are supposed to relay info to my dealer and reschedule the install, hopefully successful this time. You might want to contact your installer to make sure they can unlock the box codes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts