Porsche Macan Forum banner

Approaching Lock Down

4K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Hi-Toro 
#1 ·
G/Day Forum from sunny Adelaide

As the title suggests I’m getting close to “D” day and seeking advice on a couple of options for my pending 2019 S ,
PK48CDF2. Is the current code which is quite comprehensive (bordering OTT ) but look l’m 66 and intend keeping the S for a while.....hopefully.

Question I’ve optioned SC and read that I would possibly rarely use it , saying that I do like to drive enthusiastically @ times would that still be the case for seldom use of SC ?
Also haven’t optioned Comfort Lighting , should I ?
Noticed on the OZ cars, 75 litre tank, Surround Veiw, Privacy Glass, Auto dimming outside and inside mirrors , etc. are std fit here.
Any input greatly appreciated
Rgs.

#2 ·
Hi Stanley246, My take:

1. SC comes with nice dial on dash, Sports plus button with more aggressive mapping than Sports mode. In addition you have launch control also (if you are a tracks type guy, this helps). I enjoy the more aggressiveness whenever I want.

2. Comfort lighting includes door storage compartments, door panels (ambient), mirror courtesy lighting and vanity lights in roof lining. Also includes position lights in the doors. If you are in well lit area all the time, I hardly find any use of these.

Nice configuration you have. I have the following comments

3. I would not have gone for "Rear mid-section painted" as your wheels and blacked out windows chrome support a black and white theme and I would offset this cost against SC or something. Again, color and appearance are individual's choices though.

4. 18 way vs 14 way seats are again personal preference. I hope you have checked this by sitting in both seats.

Overall a very good package I am sure you will enjoy this for many years to come in good health.

#4 ·
Hi Stanley246, My take:

1. SC comes with nice dial on dash, Sports plus button with more aggressive mapping than Sports mode. In addition you have launch control also (if you are a tracks type guy, this helps). I enjoy the more aggressiveness whenever I want.

2. Comfort lighting includes door storage compartments, door panels (ambient), mirror courtesy lighting and vanity lights in roof lining. Also includes position lights in the doors. If you are in well lit area all the time, I hardly find any use of these.

Nice configuration you have. I have the following comments

3. I would not have gone for "Rear mid-section painted" as your wheels and blacked out windows chrome support a black and white theme and I would offset this cost against SC or something. Again, color and appearance are individual's choices though.

4. 18 way vs 14 way seats are again personal preference. I hope you have checked this by sitting in both seats.

Overall a very good package I am sure you will enjoy this for many years to come in good health.s
Many Thks Steptronic
I’ll take on board all you’re suggestions and revisit the configurations page once more , much appreciated
Rgs

#3 ·
Good suggestions above. I have SC which was a last minute add on for me and although I've used launch control once, sports plus is used every single time I drive the car. I also echo Steptronic's statements above regarding the 18way seats. I have them, I love them, but I'm 6'6", 93kg and have a fairly slender build. Definitely recommend having some proper seat time in them as opposed to sitting in them in the showroom.
I am also very careful about getting in and out, as is my partner and although our car has only 28k on it, the bolster shows some very light wear.

#5 ·
Many Thks Sierra
Look as though I’ll retain the SC ?
Regarding the seats I’ve sat in the showroom only and they felt good bearing in mind( I’m 72 kg soaking wet and 5’9) perhaps as you suggest need some proper seat time before deciding
Much appreciated
Rgs

#9 ·
Question I’ve optioned SC and read that I would possibly rarely use it , saying that I do like to drive enthusiastically @ times would that still be the case for seldom use of SC ?
I can't imagine a Porsche without Sport Chrono. I've had Porsches that were setup with and without and I much prefer a car with SC. I drive in Sport+ a lot even though I've never tracked my cars. >:D

Besides, the clock on the dash reminds me of early race cars.

#10 ·
I have never bought a new Porsche.
It makes me smile ;), those who continue to shop and add to their build.
It is very sneaky of Porsche to leave the website open for added purchases.
I wonder what the average ADD TO CART, is? I know my brother inlaw must have added 10% to his build, before he got locked out.

#11 ·
Ah, Adelaide......I have good memories of my visit there in the mid-1980's. Spent a few days enjoying the place and them caught the train for my journey to Perth.

As an alternative to ventilated seats (which adds perforations to the seat bolsters), you might consider the thermal insulated glass option. It's passive, so there is no additional fan noise in the cabin.....and once the air conditioner has caught-up, it can keep-up with a lower fan speed. It also provides some additional protection again smash-and-grab theft.

I would also consider getting the sideblades painted in gloss black. It will provide a more elegant look than the textured plastic, and will tie-in well with the painted wheels, gloss black window trim, and painted rear mid-section. The painted Sport Design Sideskirts would be nice too.....but they're not nearly as impactful, and you have to draw the line somewhere.

Since you should be able to add Sport Chrono later as a retrofit, it's probably not critical if you're on the fence about it, and wish to use that money for another option. Power Steering Plus is another option that many members have found to be of marginal value.
Just my two cents. Overall, it's a beautiful build. Enjoy!!

Reactions: stanley246
#13 ·
Adelaide,
Aesthetically, your car will look very similar to my GTS. In most cases in the US we do not get to reject Power Steering Plus. Personally, I intend to get mine disabled when I get a chance. You might want to drive cars with and without before you make a final decision on that.

I find ACC and Surround View to be great options to have (and I think they should be present on any car in this price range). Depends on how you drive: if you do little highway driving, ACC is of limited interest, and if you rarely park in tight situations, surround view is of limited interest. Otherwise, you might want to consider them?

I could probably live without SC on my Macan (unlike on my Boxster), but I do make use of it on occasion. However, since on the '19s it adds that dial to the steering wheel (which also affects regular Sport mode), I would add it just for that. Since you have AS, Sport + also automatically sets the suspension to the sportiest setting, which is handy; I am more likely to use Sport + to get to that suspension mode than to take advantage of the high-spirited gearing.

I do not find the seat ventilation to be objectionably loud and would definitely spec that in your climate.

Reactions: stanley246
#16 ·
Mate comfort lighting is a good option and I forgot the smoker's package which is pretty good value to eliminate the hole in the centre console. Surround view is useful in Melbourne's tight parking spots. Power steering plus can be added after the build. Great build though ! Air suspension reduces wheel gap, for that alone is worth it. I have to reduce wheel gap the hard way. There is no pricing for the S on the OZ website as yet however. When is yours due to arrive at the dealer ?

#18 ·
Actually I think surround view is standard on the new S in Australia. One feature which is also standard is heavily tinted rear passenger and back glass which I would have wanted a choice on. I prefer less tint actually, like the front passenger and driver glass is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.