Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,
Im at 49K and about to schedule routine service before she turns to 50K miles .

My GTS has been absolutely FLAWLESS (other than a few minor nuisance issues) so far , however as Ive not purchased an extended warranty ( and don't plan to in the 1K miles until the factory warranty expires) , Im interested to see what in particular I should have my dealer look at that may be a future issue , that may be percolating already , and get Porsche to repair now on their nickel .

Had them check for any oil leakage / seeping at 40K- none present then , and haven't noticed anything since , will request this again as I know its an issue on some Macan's

What suggestions might you all have for me to request to have them look at ?

Thanks in advance for your wise counsel

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Just ask your dealer to do a comprehensive inspection. They will be happy to find any issues to fix.

Reactions: ARMTNBIKER

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Get it up on a lift. TAKE A WORKING FLASHLIGHT WITH YOU. Have them pull the front belly cover and YOU (with the mechanic) look for any oil seepage, wetness, saturation. Look on both sides of the engine. Look further down the line at the transfer case, the DCT, the differential. ALL OF IT. There should be NO leaks. They might attempt to say some leakage is normal. Don't buy into it! Stand your ground and ask for his, and his, and his boss until you get you want to hear. GL.

Reactions: ARMTNBIKER

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
My GTS has been absolutely FLAWLESS (other than a few minor nuisance issues) so far , however as Ive not purchased an extended warranty ( and don't plan to in the 1K miles until the factory warranty expires)
Not an answer to your question, but I'm confused by your statement "... until the factory warranty expires ...".

Perhaps I'm incorrectly interpreting what you wrote, but it's my understanding that IF you're considering an extended warranty, you should get it BEFORE the factory warranty expires. That's what I think I've read here, i.e., a requirement of at least some (most? all?) of the extended warranties. And that's what an SA told me, a couple years back now, at my local dealership. At that time, when we were having a casual discussion about this, he said something like, "stop back when you get to 45,000 miles or so."

My wife and I are putting about 17,000 miles per year on our '18 S (delivered in Oct. '17), so I'm trying to keep my options open on extended warranties (as we'll hit the mileage limit well before the year limit).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, sorry for confusion . I am not considering an extended warranty, just want the factory warranty to cover anything that is found at this service before 50K Miles happens and warranty goes bye bye..

Not an answer to your question, but I'm confused by your statement "... until the factory warranty expires ...".

Perhaps I'm incorrectly interpreting what you wrote, but it's my understanding that IF you're considering an extended warranty, you should get it BEFORE the factory warranty expires. That's what I think I've read here, i.e., a requirement of at least some (most? all?) of the extended warranties. And that's what an SA told me, a couple years back now, at my local dealership. At that time, when we were having a casual discussion about this, he said something like, "stop back when you get to 45,000 miles or so."

My wife and I are putting about 17,000 miles per year on our '18 S (delivered in Oct. '17), so I'm trying to keep my options open on extended warranties (as we'll hit the mileage limit well before the year limit).

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
464 Posts
@jt3sd, after all the comprehensive inspections and all, they do not check everything, since only you know your car best. We noticed that our rear view mirror may be not dimming anymore on occasional evening summer drive, but did not call it out before warranty expired 6 months ago, and now when we drive in the winter morning darkness, we have been blinded by the cars behind us with basic halogens. So guess what, I had to ask the dealer to check it on the routing oil change, and it is sure not dimming with sensor broken, and that sir will be about $900 out of pocket. Therefore, I would check everything yourself such as mirrors (folding/dimming), seat/wheel heating/cooling performance, seats loose in tracks (had that fixed under warranty), all washers (headlight, front/back), bulbs out (had license plate bulb out replaced under warranty), dash clock second hand broke off (had that happen on the same clock but on the Cayenne), 2 beeps when locking (there is a horn bulleting on that), measure key fob battery levels and replace yourself first (do not think batteries are a warranty item) before testing the 2 beeps, hood noise since there are some extra bumpers for it, and the transfer case for sure using bulleting steps for diagnostics (had that done under warranty), inspect for turbo leaks, memory for key and settings performance (had issue with driver mirror not going back to memorized position), etc. Then tell them that you suspect some things do not work and they will actually check it for you.

Reactions: wspollack
1 - 7 of 7 Posts