Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at a 2020 Macan S (Built in Dec 2019) today at the dealership and the window sticker had Apple car play with Siri listed as $360.
I built a similar car on the Porsche website but I was unable to find the Apple Car Play option.

After some digging I actually saw it in the Standard equipment Section.

When did Apple car play become standard?

Or is the online build tool already for 2021?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was looking at a 2020 Macan S (Built in Dec 2019) today at the dealership and the window sticker had Apple car play with Siri listed as $360.
I built a similar car on the Porsche website but I was unable to find the Apple Car Play option.

After some digging I actually saw it in the Standard equipment Section.

When did Apple car play become standard?

Or is the online build tool already for 2021?
It becomes standard for model year 2021, which is reflected in the online configurator as of a week or two ago.

·
Super Moderator
1,973 Posts
oh. Did not know that. So does that mean any factory orders now will be 2021?

Are you ordering a 2021 model? If so, then, as stated, it's considered standard equipment.

If you're not ordering a 2021 model, then it's not (std. equipment).

It looks as though the question posed in the thread's title has been answered.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that’s kind of my question. Porsche.com is now showing it as standard. If I place an order now. Will it be a 2020 model or a 2021? Dealers are unsure. I got both answers from two different dealers.

·
Super Moderator
1,973 Posts
Call PCNA

How would the forum know better than PCNA?

We're Macan owners and Porsche enthusiasts. I'm not aware of any members who are Porsche employees and would know the answer
to your situation. You might want to find out when 2021 production begins and how the date of a submitted order is related to model
production.

This forum is really not a factory insider site.

Good luck!

Report back what you learn from Porsche.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Call PCNA

How would the forum know better than PCNA?

We're Macan owners and Porsche enthusiasts. I'm not aware of any members who are Porsche employees and would know the answer
to your situation. You might want to find out when 2021 production begins and how the date of a submitted order is related to model
production.

This forum is really not a factory insider site.

Good luck!

Report back what you learn from Porsche.
Well usually from all other forums I participate in. Someone knows. And knows much more than any Porsche employee. Enthusiasts usually find things out. Guess Macan members are not as resourceful as MINI or BMW owners

·
Registered
2020 Macan S Sapphire Blue, Steel Built 02/20.
80 Posts
Any dealer should be able to tell you when an order will be built. If the SA is playing dumb, they probably want to sell you an existing 2020. If you are a serious buyer with a build code, ask to speak to a Sales Mgr. and see the ordering system and their build slots. I think the new model year builds start in late August, but don't know if that is the case as this year is pretty flocked up.

AND don't criticize the forum and its members. Play nice.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
@EBMCS03 When I stopped at my local dealer to talk about building a new GTS earlier this week, she told me that she has one 2020 GTS order in the system that could be changed but I would have to move soon, and an allocation for a 2021 GTS that could be mine.

So the answer to your question just depends on if your dealers allocation for 2020's has locked in and can't be changed, then if you want to custom order a car it can be the 2021. I was going to go with 2021 since the 2020 and 2021 will be be arriving at my dealer very close to each other and I wanted the newest model year possible. Playing around building a car online, you will be creating a 2021. Hope this helps

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well he attacked me saying “How would the forum know”

ok. Forget it. I’ll leave this place.
Porsche's Macan build to order website is for model year 2021. Yes, CarPlay is standard for model year 2021. But also note that the MSRP price for a Macan 2.0T Base has been increased by $1,200. So, CarPlay is standard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts