Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just purchase a Macan, my first Porsche! Its an amazing car! but my biggest problem is the Carplay! not functional at all!... Do you know if there’s anyway to use the apple carplay in fullscreen on the widescreen entertainment screen?

Thank you!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thank you, nothing is perfect. Hope we got a firmware update soon.
We also reached out to Porsche Connect service and inquiry software update on this, awaiting for feedback. It can be done according to this video. It should just enable the right side collapsable / expand caret to detect touch/control to full screen or 2/3rd screen view.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The folks that posted that video also posted a video showing Android Auto working, it seems like there is a fair amount of functionality hidden in the PCM that we can't easily get to... Unfortunately...

·
Registered
38 Posts
We also reached out to Porsche Connect service and inquiry software update on this, awaiting for feedback. It can be done according to this video. It should just enable the right side collapsable / expand caret to detect touch/control to full screen or 2/3rd screen view.
Yes this guy can help to code the system but he charges almost 1k for it, but he's not in US anyway.

·
Registered
197 Posts
^ We tried both new Apple CarPlay (IOS13+) and previous Apple CarPlay (prior to IOS10/11/12), still showed 2/3rd screen in Porsche PCM whereas the same Apple CarPlay enabled iPhones showed full screen mode in BMW iDrive or other vehicles. Porsche should release software update to enable this instead having users going with third party solution.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hopefully with the ios14 release we will get an update. i'd like to see the use of the widescreen space for controlling the audio/etc, not that dissimilar from the native PCM.

·
Registered
197 Posts
^ No full screen with IOS14 still, the full screen capability needs to come from Porsche.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Does anyone know how to fix the display on the right of apple car play. Mine only shows the map now. Not the radio I was listening to.
Check Configure Home screen on PCM (top-left icon). There are three Home screen layouts by default, check if configuration is set to Layout 2 (Map on right) or Layout 3 (Media on right). Home screen layout can also be customized.

Layout 1:

Layout 2:

Layout 3:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Does anyone know how to fix the display on the right of apple car play. Mine only shows the map now. Not the radio I was listening to.
If you put your finger on the map and try swiping left/right or up/down (I don't remember), it should cycle through the other application tiles. The media/radio tile should be one of them that will come up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there anything we can do to report the issue and make sure we get a software update at some point?

Side question: would a PCM update be free in this case? I’ve never updated my PCM in the past.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A couple of shortfalls with the latest Porsches handling CarPlay:

1. No fullscreen CarPlay. So we now have duplicate and/or useless information on the entertainment screen for no real reason.
  2. No dual screen support. Would be nice if we could view the CarPlay map on the instrument panel for directions. This way we could have the option to keep the music screen open in full on the entertainment screen.
  3. No multifunction button support. You can reprogram the multifunction button, but it won't work with CarPlay (next track, previous track, etc.).
Porsche needs to push an update to resolve these three gating issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A couple of shortfalls with the latest Porsches handling CarPlay:

1. No fullscreen CarPlay. So we now have duplicate and/or useless information on the entertainment screen for no real reason.
  2. No dual screen support. Would be nice if we could view the CarPlay map on the instrument panel for directions. This way we could have the option to keep the music screen open in full on the entertainment screen.
  3. No multifunction button support. You can reprogram the multifunction button, but it won't work with CarPlay (next track, previous track, etc.).
Porsche needs to push an update to resolve these three gating issues.
Agree 100% on those three points!

Anything we can do to complain and make this a higher priority to fix on Porsche's side?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
It is obvious for me that Porsche engineers don't use carplay.
Because Porsche would rather have you use their Porsche Connect apps (paid subscription), and their NAV system (you get a full screen display for their NAV).

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Hello everyone, I just purchase a Macan, my first Porsche! Its an amazing car! but my biggest problem is the Carplay! not functional at all!
CarPlay works fine for me in my 2020 GTS....wireless even.

My eyes haven't got that bad where I need full screen....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts