Porsche Macan Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Macan GTS
3 Posts
Just wanted to say I worked with Sima servis today to get Apple CarPlay activated and Maps updated to 2021 and it was a pleasure. Everything working great! Thanks again!!

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Macan S
52 Posts
Sima first tried w my Mac running windows. Not sure but it might have worked if it didn’t have the M1 chip. Waited and got a windows pc. It takes a little to set up, but Sima will walk u thru. CarPlay and 2021 map update on 2018 Macan. Idk if it’s me but the sound appears louder and clearer with more bass using CarPlay. Interested in others experience. Ok, without the map it would be a relatively fast process. But for the few $$ more, u might as well. If u have a built in Ethernet port and SD card slot on the computer, u only need one usb to Ethernet adapter and one Ethernet cable. Anyway, Sima will make sure u are good to go. The Porsche dealerships around me did not even want to do the install for any money. Highly recommend! Kudos Sima!

View attachment 242716
View attachment 242717 View attachment 242718
I can attest that Sima is great at what he does. He updated my 2018 Macan S with Apple CarPlay and 2021 Maps. He could have done Android Auto but I don't use Android.

You aren't wrong about the sound, it sounds great, you should be getting the full quality of your music via USB.

I use Spotify, if you do, make sure your Sound Quality is turned to the highest :) the snare drums in this one song were so crisp it was like it was in person.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Sima! I'm also a new user who is interested in getting CarPlay activated. Could you PM me your contact info, please? Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Like many other people here are saying about Sima, I must say I am super impressed with his work!

I just barely asked him about his service last night and I already got Apple CarPlay activated today on my 2018 Porsche Macan! It made me and my wife super happy :)

Thank you Sima! You are awesome!

41 - 60 of 71 Posts