Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Sima I can’t PM you I’m interested in Apple CarPlay for my 2016 GTS can you PM me please.
Correct me if I am wrong but I think 2016 GTS comes with PCM 3.1 which requires additional hardware for carplay. That's discussed in topic nearby.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just wanted to share my awesome experience with Simaservis1108 today. He activated Apply Carplay in my 2018 Macan. The whole process took about 45 minutes. I can honestly say that not having Apple Carplay was the only thing about my Macan that I did not like. My Porsche Macan is now complete. Sima is super knowledgeable and very helpful in getting it done.

I had completely given up on getting Carplay after going round and round with my local Porsche dealer. They wanted over $2000 to do the Carplay upgrade and refused without doing the voice stalk. What's even more scarier is that they had never done one.

All is good...:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also highly recommend Sima! He activated Carplay for me along with 2021 map update last night. He takes the time to make sure everything works. Excellent service and I couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
2018 Macan 2.0T
4 Posts
Sima activated my CarPlay today and made the entire process a breeze. Highly recommend.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sima first tried w my Mac running windows. Not sure but it might have worked if it didn’t have the M1 chip. Waited and got a windows pc. It takes a little to set up, but Sima will walk u thru. CarPlay and 2021 map update on 2018 Macan. Idk if it’s me but the sound appears louder and clearer with more bass using CarPlay. Interested in others experience. Ok, without the map it would be a relatively fast process. But for the few $$ more, u might as well. If u have a built in Ethernet port and SD card slot on the computer, u only need one usb to Ethernet adapter and one Ethernet cable. Anyway, Sima will make sure u are good to go. The Porsche dealerships around me did not even want to do the install for any money. Highly recommend! Kudos Sima!

A62B5955-EFFF-4399-A0D8-4E0C2988962C.png

15963EE7-4F88-4E1F-91DC-1BA13ADF01C9.jpeg 85C11F16-9049-41C1-9B7A-C7F6D29C47A7.jpeg

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
I’m tempted, but Car Play is something I hardly use, I know I’m strange 😆. Thx again for the details.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I’m also interested in CarPlay, I’m new here and I can’t msg yet. Sima can you pls send me your details? Thank you

·
Super Moderator
3,426 Posts
Merging this thread with one from 2018 (SEARCH!) also dealing with CarPlay activation.

There is no need to create a new thread in order for your post to be viewed by the forum (read about how the NEW balloon (upper right of the screen) works!)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Merging this thread with one from 2018 (SEARCH!) also dealing with CarPlay activation.

There is no need to create a new thread in order for your post to be viewed by the forum (read about how the NEW balloon (upper right of the screen) works!)
Thank you and yes I'm very aware of the value of the search function 😊 FYI this thread did appear on the search I made along with pages of other results. Perhaps this one in particular hadn't been caught and merged yet.

Appreciate your wonderful attention to detail on the forum.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I also highly recommend Sima! He activated Carplay for me along with 2021 map update last night. He takes the time to make sure everything works. Excellent service and I couldn't be happier!
Are you saying you got a navigation map update without going through the dealer? And I assume at a greatly reduced price?

21 - 40 of 71 Posts