Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Please let me know how to Purchase Apple Car Play activation Key and Install.
The Dealer in Bay area quoting $2200.00 dollars for parts and Labor.
I do have Navigation and no Car Play , No Connect or Connect +.

I saw few Porsche Videos and PCM 4.0 has default Connect and Car Play.
How can I report to Porsche complaint , if the Product installed in Macan 2018 Base model is not PCM 4.0? and Porsche Installing Old Products in 2018 Model?

I saw few Posts the activation key for Car Play $648.00 + Labor $180.00

Thanks
Dev

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hi
Please let me know how to Purchase Apple Car Play activation Key and Install.
The Dealer in Bay area quoting $2200.00 dollars for parts and Labor.
I do have Navigation and no Car Play , No Connect or Connect +.

I saw few Porsche Videos and PCM 4.0 has default Connect and Car Play.
How can I report to Porsche complaint , if the Product installed in Macan 2018 Base model is not PCM 4.0? and Porsche Installing Old Products in 2018 Model?

I saw few Posts the activation key for Car Play $648.00 + Labor $180.00

Thanks
Dev
2018 Macans do have PCM 4.0 but Connect and CarPlay are not default. I believe CarPlay is part of the Connect option...without that option no CarPlay unless you add it. As I mentioned in a previous post, my 2018 GTS has Nav but NO Voice Control, NO Connect and NO Connect + so I had the local dealer add CarPlay. Cost was what you show above.

Ask your dealer exactly what $2200 is getting you - sounds like they want to add Voice Control and some other stuff - get the detail.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds like this might me my problem too? Did you resolve this by buying it? I was under the impression it was included too

·
Registered
Porsche Macan S
50 Posts
Hello, I was searching the forum and did not find the right answer, so here is the question:
There is a Unichip solution (https://www.unichip-tec.com/h-pd-203.html#skeyword=pcm+4.0&_pp=0_35) for $299 that says that Carplay can be activated with USB adapter remotely.
Also - there is a hardware Carplay module that people order and install and activate.
Also - there is a suncoastparts carplay activation - $899. is it the same as Unichip basically, or different? If yes, how?

Talking about Macan 17 with PCM 4.0

Anyone can clear these things for me, I'd be really appreciated.
Alex

·
Registered
263 Posts
2018 Macans do have PCM 4.0 but Connect and CarPlay are not default. I believe CarPlay is part of the Connect option...without that option no CarPlay unless you add it. As I mentioned in a previous post, my 2018 GTS has Nav but NO Voice Control, NO Connect and NO Connect + so I had the local dealer add CarPlay. Cost was what you show above.

Ask your dealer exactly what $2200 is getting you - sounds like they want to add Voice Control and some other stuff - get the detail.
I have a 2018 S with voice control and Nav
got Apple play installed $950 in DC, it was a A difficult negotiation between all the dealers.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Search for Sima - he can turn on Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for way less and he does it remotely so you don't have to head to the dealer. There are threads on this forum and RL.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Search for Sima - he can turn on Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for way less and he does it remotely so you don't have to head to the dealer. There are threads on this forum and RL.
WOW!!!! Awesome advice, thank you Very Much Vince!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have over 30 positive reviews.I am not interested in anybody's data.
Hi Sima: I do trust you, but we all need to be careful in this crazy world. I like the method that Vince used (pretty smart!). how do i contact you to discuss installation? (i am assuming i can use a microsoft surface (with windows 10) for installation.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts