Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Please let me know how to Purchase Apple Car Play activation Key and Install.
The Dealer in Bay area quoting $2200.00 dollars for parts and Labor.
I do have Navigation and no Car Play , No Connect or Connect +.

I saw few Porsche Videos and PCM 4.0 has default Connect and Car Play.
How can I report to Porsche complaint , if the Product installed in Macan 2018 Base model is not PCM 4.0? and Porsche Installing Old Products in 2018 Model?

I saw few Posts the activation key for Car Play $648.00 + Labor $180.00

Thanks
Dev

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi
Please let me know how to Purchase Apple Car Play activation Key and Install.
The Dealer in Bay area quoting $2200.00 dollars for parts and Labor.
I do have Navigation and no Car Play , No Connect or Connect +.

I saw few Porsche Videos and PCM 4.0 has default Connect and Car Play.
How can I report to Porsche complaint , if the Product installed in Macan 2018 Base model is not PCM 4.0? and Porsche Installing Old Products in 2018 Model?

I saw few Posts the activation key for Car Play $648.00 + Labor $180.00

Thanks
Dev
2018 Macans do have PCM 4.0 but Connect and CarPlay are not default. I believe CarPlay is part of the Connect option...without that option no CarPlay unless you add it. As I mentioned in a previous post, my 2018 GTS has Nav but NO Voice Control, NO Connect and NO Connect + so I had the local dealer add CarPlay. Cost was what you show above.

Ask your dealer exactly what $2200 is getting you - sounds like they want to add Voice Control and some other stuff - get the detail.

·
Registered
Porsche Macan S
60 Posts
Hello, I was searching the forum and did not find the right answer, so here is the question:
There is a Unichip solution (https://www.unichip-tec.com/h-pd-203.html#skeyword=pcm+4.0&_pp=0_35) for $299 that says that Carplay can be activated with USB adapter remotely.
Also - there is a hardware Carplay module that people order and install and activate.
Also - there is a suncoastparts carplay activation - $899. is it the same as Unichip basically, or different? If yes, how?

Talking about Macan 17 with PCM 4.0

Anyone can clear these things for me, I'd be really appreciated.
Alex

·
Registered
273 Posts
2018 Macans do have PCM 4.0 but Connect and CarPlay are not default. I believe CarPlay is part of the Connect option...without that option no CarPlay unless you add it. As I mentioned in a previous post, my 2018 GTS has Nav but NO Voice Control, NO Connect and NO Connect + so I had the local dealer add CarPlay. Cost was what you show above.

Ask your dealer exactly what $2200 is getting you - sounds like they want to add Voice Control and some other stuff - get the detail.
I have a 2018 S with voice control and Nav
got Apple play installed $950 in DC, it was a A difficult negotiation between all the dealers.

·
Vendor
109 Posts
Dude, thanks! only thing, I am a tiny bit leery of giving remote access to my computer. the price is fantastic tho
I have over 30 positive reviews.I am not interested in anybody's data.

1 - 20 of 189 Posts