Porsche Macan Forum banner

101 - 120 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Rolled over 50,000 miles this week. The car has been great except for valve cover gaskets leaking oil, which was repaired under the CPO warranty.

·
Registered
58 Posts
2015 S with 56k. No issues. One annoyance was occasional, random air suspension faults that didn't affect driving. A/S met all factory specs & Porsche finally replaced compressor under warranty.

I love it & plan on keeping it a long time. This is a great thread because there is limited info on Macans with 70k+ miles.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
For Jerry Hynes.........

But look ... at the 2016 S below..... less miles, bit more money

also the Porsche USA CPO search

good luck

·
Premium Member
6,414 Posts
My 2015 S is at 35,500 miles. Fixed a few problems under warranty and now it’s out of warranty. I am patiently waiting for the transfer case to go out and a valve cover oil leak.

Reactions: kite pilot

·
Premium Member
6,414 Posts
......and I am not afraid. ;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but check out this horror story:

https://www.macanforum.com/forum/complaints/172009-first-generation-macan.html#post2544857
It's a nice engine, but the price really is robbery. Way out of line. The V8 in my F-150, for comparison, costs $6000 brand new from Ford, and can be found online for $5000. Of course it's no Porsche, but it is a modern DOHC 4-valve aluminum V8 with variable valve timing and port and direct fuel injection and 395 HP. And you can buy 5 or 6 of them for the price of a Macan engine.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well, we did it. We are at 100,410 miles as of this afternoon.
That’s amazing. All in about two and a half years? Where do you drive to ... Road trips every weekend?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Actually we have only owned the car 23 months. It will turn 2 in October. My wife has an office that is 145 miles from our house, so she drives it a lot.

·
Registered
183 Posts
2016 S. 120,000 miles. No real issues. A wheel bearing and some small oil leak. $1200 in total out of warranty expenses so far. 1 set of winter tires. Just put on 3rd set of all seasons. Changed brake pads at 50,000. Going to do pads and rotors all around when I do the rest of the120K services which include oil, pdk, transfer case, plugs, and I am going to change the belt and tensioner.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow, 120k wins!! Congrats! Love it. I had a 2016 S i bought online from FL with 17k miles.....loved it but not spec'd like I really wanted. Plus, I drive 40k miles/yr for medical sales job, and the maintenance costs were killing me. I traded it with 46k miles straight up on new 2017 Infiniti QX70 Limited, which was my go to work car since 2004. I had total of 7 FX35/FX37/QX70 as my go to work car, and since we are talking high mileage cars, I kept my 2006 FX35 that now has 210,000 miles and made it thru both daughters' high school years and now is at college with youngest daughter at her sorority house. Still as tight driving as new, amazing cars those were.

Sorry, back to my Macan. After driving my 2017 QX70 for 6 months, a fun car no doubt, I missed my Macan....alot!! Again, I'm in my car an avg of 4 hours/day and even though my first Macan wasn't spec'd like I wanted, the handling and throaty growl and incredible torque left an indelible mark on my soul! So, I traded Infiniti for another Macan. This is where I thank alot of you guys...I became much more of an informed Macan buyer, and also found a great Independent garage in my city that reduced my maintenance costs by 50%!! I also stumbled upon Atturo tires, and commented on them on another thread, and they are fantastic!!! 1/3 cost OEM, and every bit as good...I'm on third set between the two Macans I have owned. I eventually bought and am currently driving a CPO 2015 Macan Turbo, spec'd to the max, not sure it's missing any option other than crest in headrests......along with an aftermarket performance exhaust that literally makes me @&*% everytime I turn that ignition key. It's also wrapped , the entire car, in clear bra, and it has the glossiest shine I have seen to date (black/black). I wasnt even looking for a Turbo, the S was great, but this baby I just found at Joe Rizzo Porsche in Chicago, and got it for $52k, with a sticker $88k, not counting the aftermarket exhaust and wrap. At unlimited CPO miles for two years, I plan on testing that warranty to the extreme. I bought in with 42k miles on it, and Monday it's going in for 70k oil change. To date, zero issues, and I do smile everyday. What I do on I-55 commute somedays should be against the law..(oh, I think it is) lol, but it is by far the finest all around car I ever driven..and I have had BMW 550i, BMW X650I, the Infiniti's, Mercedez GLC, etc, and in my book, no comparison.
I will be reporting in at each big mileage milestone, but feel nice and protected with Porsche's outstanding CPO and even with the high maintenance costs, certain things in life are so worth it. It really does look like a brand new car still, and every morning is just as exciting as the previous one when I slip into the driver's seat.....btw, the 18way seats are sooooo worth it....they hug me, warm me, and cool me each day..lol
Happy driving peeps, and I have no reservations on buying and/or putting high mileage on this almost perfect car/SUV!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not high miles but my 2016 S has 43k and no issues other than maintenance and brake pads. Did the PDK change today actually. BTW using transmission to slow car instead of brakes is foolish. Brake pads are cheap, transmissions are not.

101 - 120 of 146 Posts