Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
I ordered the Kufatec module and getting ready to install it. I need to source the connector pins so I can crimp the modules' lines in parallel. Does anyone know the part number (digikey, etc) for the pins that go into these connectors?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Here's what you need .....

big thread on it here - I have one
Does all you are asking for

The thread

·
Registered
513 Posts
I ordered the Kufatec module and getting ready to install it. I need to source the connector pins so I can crimp the modules' lines in parallel. Does anyone know the part number (digikey, etc) for the pins that go into these connectors?

You just need to know the pitch of the pins. Looks kind of like 3mm Molex female pins.

·
Registered
150 Posts
A quick update. I ended ordering Niche Technologies comfort module and installed it a less than 20 minutes--thanks to the supplied adapter. No splicing involved. Richard was super friendly and helpful providing the necessary info. Now, I don't have to envy Lexus owners when they shut their hatch or auto-fold their mirrors via remote. Or VW owners when they open their windows via remote... :p

·
Registered
225 Posts
US $95.0 |PLUSOBD Auto Power Window Closer Remote Control Car Module For Porsche For Panamera Macan Cayenne Remote Trunk Close By Key|power window control module|modules for cars|module car - AliExpress

Supposedly they're plug-and-play with module inside the tailgate. They essentially detect the use of the button and then perform other commands. It'd be nice to have the window roll-up feature.
Installed that exact part just 2-weeks ago.

Works great with trunk and window auto-close.

Price can't be beat either!

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
A quick update. I ended ordering Niche Technologies comfort module and installed it a less than 20 minutes--thanks to the supplied adapter. No splicing involved. Richard was super friendly and helpful providing the necessary info. Now, I don't have to envy Lexus owners when they shut their hatch or auto-fold their mirrors via remote. Or VW owners when they open their windows via remote... :p

View attachment 230405
Hello ewoo, are still happy with system from Poland?
How did you hook it up? I’m in the market looking for the same thing. I had one put in and have had several issues with it. It would work for two days then Stop. The vender told me to unplug it and wait then plug back in. Problem was I had it installed for me and didn’t know how to take apart my tailgate. Then had to go to the dealer for recall and they did somethings and it started working again for another 2-days then stopped again.
Would like to get the one you have if the quality Is there and no issues.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hello ewoo, are still happy with system from Poland?
How did you hook it up? I’m in the market looking for the same thing. I had one put in and have had several issues with it. It would work for two days then Stop. The vender told me to unplug it and wait then plug back in. Problem was I had it installed for me and didn’t know how to take apart my tailgate. Then had to go to the dealer for recall and they did somethings and it started working again for another 2-days then stopped again.
Would like to get the one you have if the quality Is there and no issues.
rwb1101, so I ended up installing the $450 one from Nich Technologies. Though costly, the install was a breeze and features are quite good. Had my car in for service for a DME update and key reprogramming--and the module didn't mess with any of that. So it seems to be pretty solid for what it does.

I also still have the convenience module I bought from Kufatec--the one that requires hardwiring. (Kufatec a reputable German aftermarket retrofitter. Link here KUFATEC) It doesn't have all the features of the Niche module but it's probably better tested than the cheap ones from China. I'd be happy to mail it to you for the cost of shipping--since I don't need it anymore. PM if you want it.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
rwb1101, so I ended up installing the $450 one from Nich Technologies. Though costly, the install was a breeze and features are quite good. Had my car in for service for a DME update and key reprogramming--and the module didn't mess with any of that. So it seems to be pretty solid for what it does.

I also still have the convenience module I bought from Kufatec--the one that requires hardwiring. (Kufatec a reputable German aftermarket retrofitter. Link here KUFATEC) It doesn't have all the features of the Niche module but it's probably better tested than the cheap ones from China. I'd be happy to mail it to you for the cost of shipping--since I don't need it anymore. PM if you want it.
ewoo,
Did the Niche Tech one come with directions? Is it mounted via the trunk?
I‘ll probably go that route because of all the nice features it has.
Just wanted to see if you had good luck with it.
Thanks for the offer on the other, but I would rather go the plug and play route.
Appreciate your info, thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Installed that exact part just 2-weeks ago.

Works great with trunk and window auto-close.

Price can't be beat either!
I bought the same product but didn't get the same results.... One of the male connectors in the new harness was the wrong part and would only go into the Macan's female connector about 1/8", nowhere near enough to make a good connection. I filed a claim with customer service and agreed to a 50% refund without having to return it. The correct connector and pins are about $16 so I'll fix it and see if I get the same results as thelaw_thechef.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts