Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
I'm interested too...

·
Registered
189 Posts
It was on Amazon recently... My father-in-law (he's Chinese, living in China) uses these on all his cars.. he swears by them just for the feature that rolls up your windows when you lock the car.

It also lets you CLOSE the tailgate from your remote - which is awesome.

I just don't want to be the first person to plug in Chinese electronics into my brand new Porsche.. So if someone else tries it please let me know! :)

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
My Macan does both of these already.
Maybe the US versions have these features disabled ?
Where are you located? Mine definitely does not. Just went out in the garage to make sure I did not miss something in the owner's manual :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
JonnyJ said:
My Macan does both of these already.
Maybe the US versions have these features disabled ?
Shark said:
Where are you located? Mine definitely does not. Just went out in the garage to make sure I did not miss something in the owner's manual :)
Ditto here (Australian MY17) - remote opens the tailgate, but does not close it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i can definitely put the windows up when long-pressing the lock key.
doesnt work for the tailgate tho.

singapore here.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Can anyone confirm for the US model does the windows go up or down when you double press and/or hold the remote? Does the remote also close the trunk?

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Can anyone confirm for the US model does the windows go up or down when you double press and/or hold the remote? Does the remote also close the trunk?
Confirmed, none of these.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Confirmed, none of these.
sucks.

even my 2005 Honda accord was able to lower all 4 windows white my remote was within proximity by double clicking + holding the unlock button. was a life saver in the summer.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Well that was disappointing. The abbreviated text for this thread on my screen said "Anyone tried a trunk mo..." and I was expecting something about trunk monkeys.
Trunk Monkeys ? Oh yeah, I have trunk monkeys. I have the cargo tray and when I forget to secure my brief case or travel bag the monkeys toss them around and laugh at me :D

·
Premium Member
4,209 Posts
Well that was disappointing. The abbreviated text for this thread on my screen said "Anyone tried a trunk mo..." and I was expecting something about trunk monkeys.
@Jammer Agreed, a trunk monkey would be an awesome additional option for this vehicle! >:D

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
I must be getting old. I had to look this up in the urban dictionary.

trunk monkey:
A small primate usually of the chimpanzee variety that tends to jump from ones trunk and kick peoples asses.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nope. No windows movement at all regardless of buttons pressed. Holding the lock folds in the mirrors. Double-pressing, iirc, turns off the inside occupant detection so you can leave other passengers, pets, in the vehicle while the door alarm is still set. Or is it pressing twice in succession, but not quite as quick as a double-press.

I'm going to order one and see.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts