Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to pop my cherry tomorrow. Which map has been the best so far in terms of power and smoothness?
Im late to the party!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok cherry popped... v2.08 is nice. Wife’s S feels like my turbo did. A little getting used to hair trigger throttle but otherwise this is super nice. Stock sucks. Stay tuned for dragy pulls.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Ok cherry popped... v2.08 is nice. Wife’s S feels like my turbo did. A little getting used to hair trigger throttle but otherwise this is super nice. Stock sucks. Stay tuned for dragy pulls.
Funny. Was pondering the same “verbiage” today (as I am currently driving with my Cobb UN-installed for dealer service yesterday)..... I was noticing the throttle difference and was thinking “well, the missing torque is definitely noticeable... but so is ON/OFF Switch throttle!!” I laughed about it and thought “well, everything has a price”.... plus it reminds me so much of my tuned motorcycles that had twitchy on/off throttles... you had to learn to be smooth with small movements. I kind of like that the GTS feels the same when it has a Cobb Tune on it. Makes it fun...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You load 91 or 93 ?

2016 Macan T
Straight to 93. Also have knn filters with open lids and disconnected exhaust valve. My only regret is not doing it last year. Went for another spin. This thing surprises you if youre tooling around. It wants to GO!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny. Was pondering the same “verbiage” today (as I am currently driving with my Cobb UN-installed for dealer service yesterday)..... I was noticing the throttle difference and was thinking “well, the missing torque is definitely noticeable... but so is ON/OFF Switch throttle!!” I laughed about it and thought “well, everything has a price”.... plus it reminds me so much of my tuned motorcycles that had twitchy on/off throttles... you had to learn to be smooth with small movements. I kind of like that the GTS feels the same when it has a Cobb Tune on it. Makes it fun...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On/off is a really good way of describing it. The macan also has the gas pedal coming off the top which makes it feel shorter

·
Registered
252 Posts
I must be out of touch, lost in the woods somewhere. This looks like an update on Cobb tuning for the Macan. Just like the previous update for V2.05 I first learned about it here on the forum. If I hadn't been reading the forum this morning I likely would not know about the latest update available for my accessport. It pays to stay informed, and of course "stay tuned".

·
Registered
76 Posts
I run the 91 tune because I can't find a reliable source of 93.
It's the best money I have spent on this car yet

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
16 Macan S stock
1/4 tank gas
Sport mode (3500 rpm launch)
Pirelli scorpion zero all season plus (heavy tires)
Car seats installed... 🤣

pic 1: 0-60
Pic 2: 60-100
Pic 3: 60-90
Pic 4: 50-90

Attachments

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stage 1 93 v 2.08
1/2 tank gas, drizzling outside
Same modes and car seats installed
Pic 1: 0-60
Pic 2: 60-100
Pic 3: 60-90
Pic 4: 50-90

·
Registered
29 Posts
Has anyone run the oem+ map on their S? The on/off “surges” can be a bit annoying. Wondering if the oem+ is smoother. I’m running stage 1 91. Sport seems better but comfort is sleepy and slow and then omg mode.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts