Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a store in New Jersey that sells a particular Glen Rothes 1998 Scotch and will not ship out of state. I'm willing to compensate well for some help in getting it to Texas...

Attachments

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
2017 Macan GTS
278 Posts
I still have family and friends in nothern NJ, which town?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
I used to live in NJ and there are fantastic restaurants in the Princeton area. Also, most towns don’t allow restaurants to sell liquor so you are welcome to bring your own bottle and they are happy to serve it for you. Now, the most annoying thing in NJ is that you are not allowed to fill up your own car with gas. It is only full service and they are not very gentle when doing the work. Had many spills on my car and that really pissed me off.

·
Premium Member
2018 Turbo PP, 2018 GTS, 2018 488 GTB
107 Posts
Now, the most annoying thing in NJ is that you are not allowed to fill up your own car with gas. It is only full service and they are not very gentle when doing the work. Had many spills on my car and that really pissed me off.
Grease the attendant and fill the car up yourself. That's what I do - problem solved.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Grease the attendant and fill the car up yourself. That's what I do - problem solved.
Well, I moved out of NJ in 2005 so not sure at that time we could do that. I had an old car so it didn't bother me so much but specially with the Macan which is not easy to get the nozzle in I would be worried.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Well, I moved out of NJ in 2005 so not sure at that time we could do that. I had an old car so it didn't bother me so much but specially with the Macan which is not easy to get the nozzle in I would be worried.
Passing through NJ once or twice a year on a motorcycle, I've never been turned down, when I ask if it's okay for me to fill up myself. So that's another approach.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is a liquor store in NJ that only delivers in NJ. I would need someone in NJ purchase the liquor and then send it to me in Texas. I’ll pay all charges up front including S&H charges to me plus $50 for their troubles.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
2,360 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's only 18 miles / 27 minutes from my brother's house in Philly, and I expect to drive down for a visit next month. Or, it's only 240 miles / four hours from my house.

You really have my attention now, what with the $50! How much time do I have to complete this task?
There’s not much available any longer. Limited run. Could you go this weekend?

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Next month is good. My bad. Didn’t read your message

·
Registered
900 Posts
Sure, if no one -- I'm thinking of you, @JoeInBucks, or other Philadelphia residents -- steps up before then. I might even overlook the $50.
It's a little bit of a hike from me. Actually a little closer to someone in Northern DE.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If anyone could help, I'd send cash via the CASH app or PP. Just let me know. Thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts