Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm sure as soon as warranty runs out they will magically see it as an issue requiring disassembly and rewiring of back half of car. They will offer a base Macan loaner and "free" wash.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I have the same issue with my tailgate 9 out of 10 it will not close fully and will make fail alert sound. Doesn't matter if I push the close button or close and lock. Interestingly if I then open a door (any) the tailgate will immediately latch (everytime). I can then reclose door and touch handle to lock car. Has to be a software thing and it is really annoying. I took it in to dealer and service manager tried it and it failed every single time. When I went to pick it back up they said nope works great no issues. Arg, I asked Service Manager WTF and he just shrugged his shoulders and said it never failed during techs testing. So sure as **** it worked when I checked it at dealer. As soon as I got home tried again and yep fails every flippin time, arg. Clearly this is a pretty common issue so why do they not know how to fix it?
Do you hear that little motor run at the last moment when the lid is down but not pulled in tight? If you don't, that may be the cause.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The tailgate closes and it sounds like latch is engaging but then emits fail tone. Like I said if I then open and close any door and touch door handle to lock the tailgate latches and car locks. I cannot just touch door handle to get it to lock. I have to open and close a door first. That does not seem like a hardware issue as latching motor/hardware does clearly work and there is apparently not an alignment issue. It is really annoying.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This just happened to me and as you said @Subpilot is all true.
I unhooked the hanging hatch cover and then the trunk closed successfully! Opened it again a dm reseated the hatch cover and hung it agin. Trunk closed again successfully. Hopefully this is all that was needed. The hatch is definitely “sensitive” if this is the case. Smh

41 - 44 of 44 Posts