Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thank you so much..that was easy...i just dont like to read!! Video is great...never seen it before..
Always be ready, just in case. Since she is short in stature and attention span, I set my niece's tailgate height (on a Q5). Months later, she needed it done again. We never fathomed out what made it go back to max height. Maybe a piece of old carpet or sponge on the inside of your garage door as added assurance?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Thank you so much..that was easy...i just dont like to read!!
This is reading, too. Are you asking us to call you?

·
Registered
709 Posts
My tailgate beeps like there is something in the way and I have to push it the last 1/4 inch as if something is in the way.

Anyone else having this issue? If so know how to fix it?
Which of the 2 close buttons are you pushing? The Close/Lock button or just the Close button? Do you have Entry & Drive?

If you are pushing the Close/Lock button and if either of the car's 2 keys are inside the car (say, maybe in your wife's purse? Or instead of keeping it in your pocket, you place your key in the center console while driving?) the car will beep and only partially close. The car is not going to let you accidentally lock a key inside the car.

·
Registered
129 Posts
No problem with the tail gate not closing BUT it opens way high so it hits the top of my garage door ..dont think there is anything I can do about it unless there is a way to make it stop earlier
The garage is standard height and it doesnt matter where I park it or even making the garage door open further...kind of annyoing ...guess we have to unload stuff outside..
That was the very first adjustment I made on my silver max... when opening, at the desired height hit the other button (than the one you hit to close)..One of the early posts had his tailgate hitting the garage door and doing damage

·
Registered
515 Posts
No problem with the tail gate not closing BUT it opens way high so it hits the top of my garage door ..dont think there is anything I can do about it unless there is a way to make it stop earlier
The garage is standard height and it doesnt matter where I park it or even making the garage door open further...kind of annyoing ...guess we have to unload stuff outside..
Seems like you could back into the garage. I would think that would put the hatch past the motor, rail, and door assembly.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Why can't you close the trunk with the remote when you are outside the vehicle ? Drives me nuts.
+1 million

Crazy the remote isn't programmed to close the trunk.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Safety feature? Small child at back of car out of sight, owner remotely closes the hatch.....

Reactions: tossero

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Anders - you can change the height to which it opens. Read the manual or search youtube for the Macan instructional video (about 30 minutes long) or check out the Good to Know app. All have descriptions of how to do this.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Sorry, didn't realize answer had been given by others. Need to hit "refresh" more often:D

·
Registered
412 Posts
It can be programmed to stop at any height you want it to stop. See your owner's manual.

Also, the "beeping" that the OP mentioned is a safety feature built into the car.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts

You can also grab the hatch as it goes up and this will stop it at that point. I didn't program it to this height because I want it to open to the max when it's not in the garage. Works every time like a champ!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Questions:

1. Will the tailgate open if you accidentally hit the "open tailgate" switch on the driver side (or fob) while the car is moving? I would assume not.

2. When closing the tailgate, will it cause problems if the person closing the tailgate slams it shut (old school way) instead of pressing the close button on the tailgate?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Questions:

1. Will the tailgate open if you accidentally hit the "open tailgate" switch on the driver side (or fob) while the car is moving? I would assume not.

Probably not, but I've never been dumb enough to try it.

2. When closing the tailgate, will it cause problems if the person closing the tailgate slams it shut (old school way) instead of pressing the close button on the tailgate?
There's quite a bit of resistance if you try to slam it the old school way. So most intuitive people will recognize this and stop before any damage is done, instead of continuing to force it.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I am getting this problem now. It won't power open/close. Haven't work since this afternoon. Reprogram the opening height but no luck. Will have to bring the car to the dealer tomorrow. So 3 days old with 2 problems already.
What's the other problem that you have to take the car to the dealer already for?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am now having this issue on my 2015. I press either of the buttons to close the back and when it's almost shut it sounds a different beep and stays open about 1/4 of an inch. Then I have to open and close it ~3 times until it closes completely. Happens about 60% of the time. Anyone else notice this lately or found a fix? FYI I am out of warranty and will not go to a dealer with something small like this.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
I am now having this issue on my 2015. I press either of the buttons to close the back and when it's almost shut it sounds a different beep and stays open about 1/4 of an inch. Then I have to open and close it ~3 times until it closes completely. Happens about 60% of the time. Anyone else notice this lately or found a fix? FYI I am out of warranty and will not go to a dealer with something small like this.

Thanks in advance.
This may or may not be helpful, but we recently had a similar issue with our X5. Had to replace one of the power liftgate motors. $500 for the part plus $300 labor at one of the indys I use. The only place they could source the part was from the BMW dealer.

Reactions: GULFER1

·
Registered
114 Posts
This may or may not be helpful, but we recently had a similar issue with our X5. Had to replace one of the power liftgate motors. $500 for the part plus $300 labor at one of the indys I use. The only place they could source the part was from the BMW dealer.

Thanks for the response Shark, I hope it never comes to that though!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same issue with my tailgate 9 out of 10 it will not close fully and will make fail alert sound. Doesn't matter if I push the close button or close and lock. Interestingly if I then open a door (any) the tailgate will immediately latch (everytime). I can then reclose door and touch handle to lock car. Has to be a software thing and it is really annoying. I took it in to dealer and service manager tried it and it failed every single time. When I went to pick it back up they said nope works great no issues. Arg, I asked Service Manager WTF and he just shrugged his shoulders and said it never failed during techs testing. So sure as **** it worked when I checked it at dealer. As soon as I got home tried again and yep fails every flippin time, arg. Clearly this is a pretty common issue so why do they not know how to fix it?

21 - 40 of 44 Posts