Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tailgate beeps like there is something in the way and I have to push it the last 1/4 inch as if something is in the way.

Anyone else having this issue? If so know how to fix it?

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
No such issue here.

·
Registered
455 Posts
My tailgate beeps like there is something in the way and I have to push it the last 1/4 inch as if something is in the way.

Anyone else having this issue? If so know how to fix it?

This happened on our test drive but with the hood....those engineers built these machines more sensitive than a junior high school girl.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Not here.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Reactions: aaronr and Rooboy

·
Registered
484 Posts
Yes, happening to me in the UK, happened once and thought it a one off, now I can't close it at all and have to "encourage" it for the last bit.

I am noticing more and more on all the forums about faults and issues which seem to be filling up the forums. Not good PR for Porsche.

·
Registered
44 Posts
No problem with the tail gate not closing BUT it opens way high so it hits the top of my garage door ..dont think there is anything I can do about it unless there is a way to make it stop earlier
The garage is standard height and it doesnt matter where I park it or even making the garage door open further...kind of annyoing ...guess we have to unload stuff outside..

·
Registered
493 Posts
No problem with the tail gate not closing BUT it opens way high so it hits the top of my garage door ..dont think there is anything I can do about it unless there is a way to make it stop earlier
The garage is standard height and it doesnt matter where I park it or even making the garage door open further...kind of annyoing ...guess we have to unload stuff outside..
You can configure the max open height..

http://www.alexmelen.com/macan.mp4

Go to 28:20 for lift-gate configuration instructions. You can right click and download the entire video straight from the link.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Not sure if this is what your asking, by you can adjust the height. Instructions are in the good to know app and your manual...

If this wasn't what you were asking, disregard ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
YES!! I just posted this on another thread. Sometimes it won't open from the wiper button, sometimes it won't close and I have to push it down. Sometimes it beeps at me and won't even let me push it closed & there's nothing in there & I just have an argument with it until it decides it will close. I already emailed the dealer. With my lifestyle I am constantly in and out of the trunk.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Today it worked just fine, hmmmm

·
Registered
323 Posts
I am getting this problem now. It won't power open/close. Haven't work since this afternoon. Reprogram the opening height but no luck. Will have to bring the car to the dealer tomorrow. So 3 days old with 2 problems already.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The height can be adjusted. Instructions on page 30 of the owners manual--Adjusting the height of the tailgate. Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
2,531 Posts
Why can't you close the trunk with the remote when you are outside the vehicle ? Drives me nuts.

·
Registered
709 Posts
There should be an owners manual in your glovebox that has easy-to-follow instructions for getting the opening height perfectly right for you.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts