Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
That is great news! Hopefully the "Exit port Emden" date is accurate. This is the critical date. Once the vessel leaves, hopefully not much can cause a further delay. As I mentioned previously, mine has been done since 3/20 but still at Emden as of a week ago. I just emailed my SA to get an updated screenshot. Hopefully I will get good news as you did. If the above is accurate, it appears that you will get yours before I will, even though your's completed a month later.
Hmm how curious. Excuse my naivety, but is it common for the ships to be booked out? Is that (potentially) why yours is taking so long?

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS - on order - Carmine Red, Black Leather
28 Posts
I'm not sure how exactly the shipping works. Up until this COVID situation became widespread, VW published a shipping schedule that appears to have been updated every week. The last one I have been able to locate on the web was for "Week 10" which was early in March. Either these are currently not being updated or possibly just not currently being published. I will try to attach a copy of this old one.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
My suspicion is that it is there other way around. In other words, possibly not until there are enough cars to fill a vessel, will one depart. This may be especially true for shipments to the west coast port of Benicia which seems to receive fewer vessels than the east coast based on the above outdated schedule.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm not sure how exactly the shipping works. Up until this COVID situation became widespread, VW published a shipping schedule that appears to have been updated every week. The last one I have been able to locate on the web was for "Week 10" which was early in March. Either these are currently not being updated or possibly just not currently being published. I will try to attach a copy of this old one.
My suspicion is that it is there other way around. In other words, possibly not until there are enough cars to fill a vessel, will one depart. This may be especially true for shipments to the west coast port of Benicia which seems to receive fewer vessels than the east coast based on the above outdated schedule.
Ahh I see - thanks for sharing. Yeah, I'd say that's accurate given the current climate. Still, it's just one of those things that's out of our control - suffice it to say that we all need to be patient during these times. No doubt, your Macan will be there soon!

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS
151 Posts
That is great news! Hopefully the "Exit port Emden" date is accurate. This is the critical date. Once the vessel leaves, hopefully not much can cause a further delay. As I mentioned previously, mine has been done since 3/20 but still at Emden as of a week ago. I just emailed my SA to get an updated screenshot. Hopefully I will get good news as you did. If the above is accurate, it appears that you will get yours before I will, even though your's completed a month later.
There are 2 vehicle carriers docked at Emden right now. I agree they probably waiting to fill them up before they depart. So I guess it’s up to the destination ports vs number of cars ready that will determine who will get ours first. I rooting for Halifax and the east coast of USA!! Sorry that’s mean. Anyway it has been crazy times.
But I also ask why the VW Export Schedule isn’t updating. They should be close to knowing what to ship by now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
There are 2 vehicle carriers docked at Emden right now. I agree they probably waiting to fill them up before they depart. So I guess it’s up to the destination ports vs number of cars ready that will determine who will get ours first. I rooting for Halifax and the east coast of USA!! Sorry that’s mean. Anyway it has been crazy times.
But I also ask why the VW Export Schedule isn’t updating. They should be close to knowing what to ship by now.
Received an update from my SA since my post above. System now shows "Expected exit Emden" date of 5/29 with west coast arrival on 6/26. So if accurate, you will get your vehicle first!

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's fantastic news! At least you have clarity regarding the situation. Not long now!
Yes, not too long. Expected at the dealer 7/10. Unfortunately it takes quite a bit longer for these to get all the way to Washington state.

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS
151 Posts
Received an update from my SA since my post above. System now shows "Expected exit Emden" date of 5/29 with west coast arrival on 6/26. So if accurate, you will get your vehicle first!
My Expected Exit is still June 6, at dealer July 3. Probably different boats. THE RACE IS ON! I'll warn you I have SC!

·
Registered
28 Posts
My Expected Exit is still June 6, at dealer July 3. Probably different boats. THE RACE IS ON! I'll warn you I have SC!
So do I. But I don't think that it's going to help in this situation! Yes, I definitely think that these will not be on same vessel. Where are you in Canada? I'm originally from Vancouver BC but live in Seattle now.

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS
151 Posts
So do I. But I don't think that it's going to help in this situation! Yes, I definitely think that these will not be on same vessel. Where are you in Canada? I'm originally from Vancouver BC but live in Seattle now.
Just north of Toronto.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts