Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my order in for 2020 GTS around mid-March. I took the late July-production / August-delivery allocation.
I need that GTS to arrive ontime because it's planned to be a gift.
Very nervous about any potential delays between now and then for the obvious reason...

Has anyone heard any rumors of delays/closures?

Thanks in advance for your help.

D.J.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I put my order in for 2020 GTS around mid-March. I took the late July-production / August-delivery allocation.
I need that GTS to arrive ontime because it's planned to be a gift.
Very nervous about any potential delays between now and then for the obvious reason...

Has anyone heard any rumors of delays/closures?

Thanks in advance for your help.

D.J.
Yeah, I've posted in there, as I'm in the same boat as you, order-wise. I jumped an open allocation on March 13th. The latest news is that the factory is still closed - has been for about 5 weeks, and will be next week as well, they announced. that'll be 6 weeks. It's week-to-week basically, and they have repeatedly cited supply-chain bottlenecks as the reason they haven't reopened, even as other factories in Europe (mainly in Germany) did so this week.

Beyond that, just reach out to your salesguy - I contact mine every 10-14 days to get the latest status, because emy car was originally planned for early June delivery, and I thought it might make it by end of May, based on past experience. MY V250 date has continued to slip, in step with the extended production shutdown. The delivery date has slipped, but not as much, presumably because there have been some order cancellations, too. So the last I heard was that I am scheduled for July 3rd, I think. If they can open the week after next, I think June is still viable. the upside is that with my V250 date slipping, I've been able to make several changes.

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS - on order - Carmine Red, Black Leather
28 Posts
As mentioned in the other thread, hopefully production will start again soon and you will still receive on time. I actually ordered with an original May arrival date. Although my GTS was completed right before the shutdown, no one seems to know exact status. It has not been transported to Emden (ship departure point) so I assume it is just sitting at the factory. I have been trying to find the updated vessel sailing schedule but it has not been updated since early March. Hopefully once production starts up again, updates will also start again.

By the way, nice gift!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I've posted in there, as I'm in the same boat as you, order-wise. I jumped an open allocation on March 13th. The latest news is that the factory is still closed - has been for about 5 weeks, and will be next week as well, they announced. that'll be 6 weeks. It's week-to-week basically, and they have repeatedly cited supply-chain bottlenecks as the reason they haven't reopened, even as other factories in Europe (mainly in Germany) did so this week.

Beyond that, just reach out to your salesguy - I contact mine every 10-14 days to get the latest status, because emy car was originally planned for early June delivery, and I thought it might make it by end of May, based on past experience. MY V250 date has continued to slip, in step with the extended production shutdown. The delivery date has slipped, but not as much, presumably because there have been some order cancellations, too. So the last I heard was that I am scheduled for July 3rd, I think. If they can open the week after next, I think June is still viable. the upside is that with my V250 date slipping, I've been able to make several changes.
wow.... slipped all the way to early July build from June... about a month of slippage......
I'll keep you guys posted with what I hear from my dealership...

thanks for the info. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As mentioned in the other thread, hopefully production will start again soon and you will still receive on time. I actually ordered with an original May arrival date. Although my GTS was completed right before the shutdown, no one seems to know exact status. It has not been transported to Emden (ship departure point) so I assume it is just sitting at the factory. I have been trying to find the updated vessel sailing schedule but it has not been updated since early March. Hopefully once production starts up again, updates will also start again.

By the way, nice gift!
Haha.. :) thank you.
the birthday is 9/10 and I figured if I time this right and order it to get delivered sometime in early August, it would be perfect! I can just hide the vehicle somewhere for a few weeks.
now with this pandemic and things sliding, it's cutting things awfully close. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
wow.... slipped all the way to early July build from June... about a month of slippage......
I'll keep you guys posted with what I hear from my dealership...

thanks for the info. :)
No early July delivery date, from early June. My thinking was that delivery may not even be delayed that much because there will have been some orders ahead of mine in the pipeline that were probably canceled. We’ll see. But let us know what your SA gives you as a status.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my original order was submitted in mid-March with July production and August delivery.
I just got notified that it's now pushed back to early Sept production and "maybe" late Sept delivery.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
my original order was submitted in mid-March with July production and August delivery.
I just got notified that it's now pushed back to early Sept production and "maybe" late Sept delivery.....
My Turbo order is very similar. I suspect the factory has started up very slowly and has a shortage of supplier parts. I'll be lucky to see my Macan in late August (7+ months since ordering).

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well, my order locked a few days early, and production is scheduled for the 29th of this month; delivery has moved up a week, from 7/31 to 7/24. If it does get built on the 29th, then I would think delivery by no later than 7/15 is realistic, based on past experience.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nice gift! The delay is certainly not your fault and whoever you are getting the car for should be grateful and be happy if you handed them a card with a copy of the order sheet and some virtual pictures of it. If they aren't over the hill happy and grateful to you then they are clearly unworthy of such a generous gift.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice gift! The delay is certainly not your fault and whoever you are getting the car for should be grateful and be happy if you handed them a card with a copy of the order sheet and some virtual pictures of it. If they aren't over the hill happy and grateful to you then they are clearly unworthy of such a generous gift.
haha. :)
it's for my daughter for her birthday. now it's gonna miss her birthday by about 2-3 weeks, I may have to put her in a hybernation for a couple of weeks. haha.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My GTS was completed just before the shutdown on 3/20. However, according the my SA, it still had not left Germany as of a couple of days ago. System indicates an early June delivery date but obviously this is not going to happen if vehicle still sitting in Emden. Accordingly, I'm not sure on the reliability of the dates being provided to dealerships.

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS
151 Posts
My GTS was completed just before the shutdown on 3/20. However, according the my SA, it still had not left Germany as of a couple of days ago. System indicates an early June delivery date but obviously this is not going to happen if vehicle still sitting in Emden. Accordingly, I'm not sure on the reliability of the dates being provided to dealerships.
Agreed.

·
Registered
309 Posts
haha. :)
it's for my daughter for her birthday. now it's gonna miss her birthday by about 2-3 weeks, I may have to put her in a hybernation for a couple of weeks. haha.
Oh how marvellous, you're a very generous father! I'm sure she'll be over the moon. Which colour/spec are you going with?

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS
151 Posts
Oh this is so exciting! Are you doing home delivery or collecting from the dealership?
Dealership. Should be COVID ok to do that. They are 10 minutes from where I live.

Reactions: SJG

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just got this from my SA. My baby is born! Now waiting for delivery. Do I have that backwards?
View attachment 231159
That is great news! Hopefully the "Exit port Emden" date is accurate. This is the critical date. Once the vessel leaves, hopefully not much can cause a further delay. As I mentioned previously, mine has been done since 3/20 but still at Emden as of a week ago. I just emailed my SA to get an updated screenshot. Hopefully I will get good news as you did. If the above is accurate, it appears that you will get yours before I will, even though your's completed a month later.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts