Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Another Aussie Here!

Last week I paid my $1000 deposit at Porsche Centre Willoughby for a new Macan! This will be my first ever new Porsche. I have previously owned a 1981 928S and currently have a 1970 911T (in Tangerine:))!

The Macan will be replacing a 2006 Mercedes ML500 that my wife uses as a Daily Driver. Whilst an exceeding well equipped car it guzzles fuel at the rate of 18l/100km around town! My wife wants rid of it now because it is 'too big' so the Macan will be perfect size, about 100mm shorter and 200mm lower, and more importantly 200kg lighter!

As I can't get a Macan for March 2014 I have extended the lease on the ML500 for another 12 months and will be taking delivery of may Macan in mid March 2015. The dealer is happy for me to slip down the queue if necessary.

The idea of owning a new Porsche seemed a fantasy but PCA (Porsche Cars Australia) have nailed the price on the Macan - virtually on par with other countries once you factor in taxes.

Luke

·
Registered
972 Posts
Welcome Luke! :) same dealer as me heheh

Take as much time as possible locking in your spec, there will be more exterior and interior colours available around March 2014 so plenty of time to choose exactly what you want for your March 2015 delivered car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.