Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone and in particular Hum :) (yay aussie)

Upgrading from a Golf R to a Macan S as the R's boot is too small for what I regularly carry (275L vs Macan's 500L). Oh who am I kidding, I want a porsche because porsche :p

Put my $1k preorder deposit in late November (a week before pricing was announced) and was still #32 in line at my dealer (who are up to 40-something now). Cemented my place in queue with a further $4k deposit and contract 3 days ago.

White exterior with red/black full leather interior, add panoramic roof and some other options for an on-road total of AU$118k. As Hum said, base price in Aus is AU$87.2k but with a lot of standard equipment. Option a Macan S in the UK to the same level and it comes to AU$89.2k. For the first time we are getting pricing parity!

ETA late August so a long time to wait, there are a lot of unknowns including additional colours and interior schemes which should be released week 10 next year. Pretty exciting still even with the limited info out there :)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Golf R is a nice car. Macan will be a nice step up in size and comfort and still be fun to drive.
Thanks, that was the idea... wanted to up the comfort without sacrificing speed or practicality. The Audi SQ5 was also considered but the Macan is cheaper here :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Love the pic, I think you've convinced me to get the white, I plan on leaving my deposit tomorrow, hope I still get the 1st boat load.
Agree with the pricing here, great to see we are in line with the rest of the world.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum.
is $1k the set minimum for a deposit?
$1k was just the "expression of interest" deposit which dealers took before pricing was announced, and is fully refundable. The full deposit (with contract) is $5-7.5k and as per contract not refundable :)

My dealer is in the process of turning all the EOI deposits into full deposits... they are expecting some people to drop off as some were hoping the Macan would land for <$80k on-road (base spec on-road here is $95k S, and low 90s for S Diesel... and you gotta add at least a few options :p)

Love the pic, I think you've convinced me to get the white, I plan on leaving my deposit tomorrow, hope I still get the 1st boat load.
Agree with the pricing here, great to see we are in line with the rest of the world.
The white works real well with the panoramic sunroof and the black side trim... you can also go further and get the black exterior trim package which blacks out the chrome window surrounds...

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since this is my first Porsche, what are the chances of any discount when I order it, do I even ask?
I didn't get any, first porsche here too.

The dealer told me that new models in such high demand (where they will have zero problems selling every model they can get) are not going to be discounted. However if you're an existing customer and very friendly with the dealer, I think you can get $1500-2000 off as this is the dealer delivery fee (reverse calculated from numbers on my contract.)

Also there should be some discount on the first 150 Macans after they've done their duty as demonstrators - mainly because these all have the sport pack which may not suit everyone (I only want the pano roof from it and none of the other 5 options)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I didn't get any, first porsche here too.

The dealer told me that new models in such high demand (where they will have zero problems selling every model they can get) are not going to be discounted. However if you're an existing customer and very friendly with the dealer, I think you can get $1500-2000 off as this is the dealer delivery fee (reverse calculated from numbers on my contract.)

Also there should be some discount on the first 150 Macans after they've done their duty as demonstrators - mainly because these all have the sport pack which may not suit everyone (I only want the pano roof from it and none of the other 5 options)
Yea I'm the same, the specs coming in is not exactly what I'm after.
I think for this kind of money you have to get what you want.

I'm wanting the glass roof, chrono sport, Bose, comfort light package, 20' wheels. Should come in at around $110,000 drive away.

Might have to push for the floor mats to be thrown in :)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I'm the same, the specs coming in is not exactly what I'm after.
I think for this kind of money you have to get what you want.

I'm wanting the glass roof, chrono sport, Bose, comfort light package, 20' wheels. Should come in at around $110,000 drive away.

Might have to push for the floor mats to be thrown in :)
Exactly. All my previous cars I didn't care to wait for so I just took my pick from available stock; it has always been a compromise on features, but then I always got a fairly healthy discount.

Assuming you mean the RS Spyder wheels, your total comes to $111,403. Maybe push for $110k flat with free floor mats? :)

I was also considering the Bose and Light comfort package. I've read that the Bose system is way better than the stock system but the AudioPilot noise compensation has a tendency to cancel out the bass in the music itself (but apparently it can be disabled by the dealer.) Light comfort package I wanted because of the ambient door lighting at night, but in the cayenne they are tied to the brightness of the roof horseshoe light which is waay too bright especially since it's in your field of view.

Burmester sound system is a level above Bose obviously but the difference is surprisingly small once you get going and introduce some road noise. Cars are compromised environments for audio reproduction and the burm is well into the realm of diminishing returns. Bose with audiopilot disabled (if it becomes a problem in the macan) is probably the sweet spot :)

·
Registered
972 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ordered mine.
$117000 sports pack and few extras.
Delivery in August / Sept
Nice! Welcome to the waiting room :) You should get your car first (unless all 150 sport pack cars have already been taken)

Wonder what other packages are available that we haven't been told about yet...

Hey chylid, you ordered the updated leather seats, does this give you a leather dash?
Yep leather dash comes with the middle leather option, along with leather armrests and centre console lid. The full leather interior adds leather to the lower dash and upper/middle door trims

I made this thread to help clear up this confusing option :)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Made the decision to drop the full leather. Slightly painful, but the past few hot days have really hammered home the fact that leather without ventilation is unbearable. Full red/black leather with front heating/ventilation is $15,765 so I will forego the pretty dash, rely on alcantara being less hot/cold in bad weather, and instead get the following:

- Bose audio
- Keyless entry/drive
- Lane change assist
- Metallic paint
- Online services (allows online Google POI search, Aha radio, etc)
- 20" RS Spyder design wheels

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Surprise surprise... I've reverted my spec back to almost identical to what I originally ordered: white on red/black :) Someone on planet 9 (or maybe 6speed) commented how awesome the red interior looks, so I had another look and yeah it's just too good :O I know if I ever saw a Macan with that interior then I'd be supremely jealous and regretful, whereas if someone had more gadgets/gizmos than me then that's fine.

Just a shame it's so expensive... but this is the comfort car so let's make it comfortable, no? The black side blades are an eyesore in pics but that may be because I'm looking at too many pics online, if they are a problem in real life then I will cover them up.

Panoramic roof is a must I agree, I never thought about taking that off :) Also getting the 18-way sport seats, floor mats, 3-zone climate control and online services (gives you online google POI search for satnav)

Aus macans come standard with Xenons :) We just don't get the PDLS as standard. I have cornering headlights on my Golf R but when I really needed them (winding mountain pass at midnight) they were nowhere near sufficient.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Please post back when you change your mind again chylld. :)

I'm limited by a strict budget and I'm not willing to budge on the performance options, so I haven't made any updates to my spec. Were it not for the cap on cost, I'd have changed things around more than once myself.

Reactions: chylld

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well the main thing I am holding out for are photos (not renders) of the two-tone interiors:
1) garnet red / black
2) pebble grey / agate grey
3) beige / saddle brown
4) saddle brown / black

Only 1) is available in the configurator but the others should appear by March. Real photo of 2) below, agate grey isn't really to my taste but it's interesting nonetheless:

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Jeez, whats the Aussie dollar at compared to US ? Those prices are crazy. I also cant believe the line up you have to get behind. There are two Porsche dealers in Calgary (pop. just over 1 million), and I was the 4th person to order an S last Saturday from my dealer.

They had a Turbo S on the lot with the red/black interior. That sealed it for me. Also check out this out:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.