Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I contacted Servis elektronike Koya on Facebook. Saw the info on the cayman forum. All I had to do was buy a usb Ethernet dongle and have a blank SD card. Plugged usb dongle into usb under armrest. Plugged Ethernet into that and my pc. Used team viewer to give him access. This part made me nervous, I used an old work laptop that never gets used. He did his thing, then I put the SD card into the car, he does some stuff, radio rebooted twice I think. Then SD card into computer, he put some files on it. Back into car, reboot. Done.

Pull out dongle and insert usb cable. Android auto message came up. I don’t even understand. It’s awesome.

·
Registered
156 Posts
There is more information about this on the 718 forums. Unfortunately not a solution for the PCM 5 yet, but I'm watching and waiting for it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That’s where I first saw it. Can’t believe there was something like this out there and I didn’t know.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I contacted Servis elektronike Koya on Facebook. Saw the info on the cayman forum. All I had to do was buy a usb Ethernet dongle and have a blank SD card. Plugged usb dongle into usb under armrest. Plugged Ethernet into that and my pc. Used team viewer to give him access. This part made me nervous, I used an old work laptop that never gets used. He did his thing, then I put the SD card into the car, he does some stuff, radio rebooted twice I think. Then SD card into computer, he put some files on it. Back into car, reboot. Done.

Pull out dongle and insert usb cable. Android auto message came up. I don’t even understand. It’s awesome.
Did you get the JUE130 or the D-Link DUB-E100 dongle? And a micro SD card, right? How much did you pay for the activation/service and what form of payment did you use?
Thanks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought the jue130 on Amazon.
You also need a blank sd card.
You will switch the SD card back and forth from the SD slot in your car and your computer during the process.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
100 euros, usd amount will depend on conversion rate the day you are doing it.

I used PayPal.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have been searching for quite some time as well I did eventually find a similar solution if not the same but was really skeptical about giving someone access to my laptop and car I may have to reconsider!

·
Registered
1 Posts
If anyone is interested in this, and feels handy with a cmdline. I have a patched firmware for MHI2_US_POG11_P4173 (MU: 1120)
Happy to share instructions. 0 cost.
The European guys have all the patched firmware for their cars available, but for the life of me - I couldn't find any US firmwares. So I did all the hard work of extracting the FW, dumping the ifs, and patching the MIBRoot file with a disassembler to skip the FEC verification.

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
If anyone is interested in this, and feels handy with a cmdline. I have a patched firmware for MHI2_US_POG11_P4173 (MU: 1120)
Happy to share instructions. 0 cost.
The European guys have all the patched firmware for their cars available, but for the life of me - I couldn't find any US firmwares. So I did all the hard work of extracting the FW, dumping the ifs, and patching the MIBRoot file with a disassembler to skip the FEC verification.
I wish I was computer smart. All that sounds like a foreign language to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can you guys update North America maps to '20-'21 version while installing the Android? How big (capacity) SD card do I need? Thanks.
Yes we can.I responded in PM.
We have the latest maps for all regions.
EU,NAR,CN,JP,ROW etc..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts