Porsche Macan Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Nope you didn't miss anything . Don't know what you're talking about .

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Read the post 2 above that starts with a very large SERIOUSLY. It's from the moderators, they must have deleted some nasty posts. I never saw them earlier as the thread grew. That's what I was talking about. I agree, nice thread, when people behave.

·
Registered
586 Posts
My Lane, BTDT & .......

@MDJAK if you want to drive a 911 and really see what it can do, I would recommend that you go talk to your good friends down at your Porsche dealer; and ask them for a registration certificate for the Porsche World Roadshow when it comes around this year. It is an incredible experience and allows you to drive Porsches in ways that you could never do on the street.
Nice tip dmsiceman, my SA got my son & I slots for it last year in Dallas & hope to be there again this summer.

That said, my CPF brother Mark 'prolly doesn't need this guidance but anyone else out there that's looking @ a P car in the future should try & attend on of these events.

·
Registered
533 Posts
i'm in canada. my initial budget was $70k, then $72k, then $75k.... then i said to myself "the heck, just go for it and treat myself!". i finished with $82k

LOL
The longer you wait and are a member of this forum, the worse it is going to get. Back in 2014 when I spec'd my 1st Macan, it was $57k, and I waited and read some more, and waited and read more, etc.; until I said I better just order now at $83k, before the Turbo S comes out, because by then I will be way over $100k.:D

·
Registered
591 Posts
i'm in canada. my initial budget was $70k, then $72k, then $75k.... then i said to myself "the heck, just go for it and treat myself!". i finished with $82k

LOL
Did we buy the same car? Those were my starting, mid and ending numbers too! Way over where I started, but what the heck, is right!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

LOL
As memes say, "true story". I also added a few K to my build, but as a forum member brilliantly put it, my car will be faster as my wallet will be lighter.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts

LOL

That my friend is why , the Confusilator exists and why most of us on this Forum, get a commission from Porsche. Ok , the second part is not true :) Welcome to the " the heck with it " club .

·
Registered
550 Posts
As memes say, "true story". I also added a few K to my build, but as a forum member brilliantly put it, my car will be faster as my wallet will be lighter.
my wallet is not any lighter because i have to reduce my impulsive spendings, which are usually not really justified. but it's a good thing because i'd rather spend it on my upcoming new car instead of silly unnecessary material things!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
my wallet is not any lighter because i have to reduce my impulsive spendings, which are usually not really justified. but it's a good thing because i'd rather spend it on my upcoming new car instead of silly unnecessary material things!
Well, it's figuratively speaking; credit cards weight the same regardless of the remaining available credit :D

I know how you feel; I'm a guitar aficionado and I suffer from what initially guitarists and now all musicians in general call G.A.S. (gear acquisition syndrome), although I'm clean since I left my band upon moving to Geneva. However now I'm on something harder, more addictive and more expensive: Porschemacaine.

I finally did without some options that I had initially considered such as AS, LED headlights or CF side blades and I resisted suggestions to add PTV and SC (which I may end up adding after delivery), although I fell on some unnecessary options such as the natural Espresso leather upholstery or especially the matching painted key and leather pouch (this was my wife's request ;))

As my wife puts it, "you work hard, you travel a lot spending numerous nights on planes and in hotels, and you have sacrificed many things for the benefit of your profession, so you deserve it". And if my wife says so, who am I to dissent?

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
@MDJAK if you want to drive a 911 and really see what it can do, I would recommend that you go talk to your good friends down at your Porsche dealer; and ask them for a registration certificate for the Porsche World Roadshow when it comes around this year. It is an incredible experience and allows you to drive Porsches in ways that you could never do on the street.
Do you recommend this is his first drive ? I tend to feel that if he drives the car on familiar roads as if it belonged to him he'd get an idea if this car works for him . Of course he can't test the car's limits but i feel a first drive is kinda like a first date or dipping ones toes in a pool. It's a matter of getting acquainted. He'll have plenty of time to rock the 911 car's full monte potential.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Do you recommend this is his first drive ? I tend to feel that if he drives the car on familiar roads as if it belonged to him he'd get an idea if this car works for him . Of course he can't test the car's limits but i feel a first drive is kinda like a first date or dipping ones toes in a pool. It's a matter of getting acquainted. He'll have plenty of time to rock the 911 car's full monte potential.
That is a good point, however with most short dealer test drives, it is difficult to distinguish the virtues of one car over another beyond the immediate visual and superficial qualities.

And there is something to say for being a Porsche "virgin" and and going "all the way" on your "first date". And after its over, just thinking WOW, is that what its like. And being hooked on Porsches for the rest of your life. :D

(Because that is what happened to me!!!)

·
Registered
52 Posts
The Turbo we ordered came in at a little over 100k until my wife stepped in and added a few more options to the original build. We could have eliminated some of them but after delivery we didn't want to say I should have gotten that. The best option is the Burmester radio and the great sounds it produces, sure its expensive but how can you put a price on enjoyment.

·
Premium Member
4,209 Posts
@RJMcInnis Have you come across any aftermarket options for Apple Car Play?

@PIEZON I have not looked to the aftermarket as I don't want to modify my car. I do remember a few threads about products that could be tied into the back of the PCM, but seemed kinda half done so I didn't follow up.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
The one good thing I can say about my original SA (and I wonder if he's still stalking me here. Ya hear that?????? Probably is when he's not super busy as he always claimed he was) is when I finally was ready to test drive the Macan, he tossed me the key. I said aren't you coming with me? He said no, you've been in here a number of times, I know you by now. Go have fun.

That's what sold me on the Macan lock, stock and bagel, or is it pickle barrel? I drove that S like I stole it. Ain't nothing like wagging the tail of that big bad dog around a highway on ramp left hand sweeper.

That's another reason, the opposite in fact, of why I rarely test drive cars. The salesman comes along, blabbing his trap on and on and on about the virtues when chances are I know way more about the car than does he (I should say she, and while I am the furthest thing from a chauvinist, what with 3 older sisters, two daughters, and my dearly departed mom who would have kicked my arse if I was one, I had one female SA years back, she was dishonest and soured me on female car sales persons), the ride is make a right, make a left, and turn around and come back. A complete waste of time.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
The one good thing I can say about my original SA (and I wonder if he's still stalking me here. Ya hear that?????? Probably is when he's not super busy as he always claimed he was) is when I finally was ready to test drive the Macan, he tossed me the key. I said aren't you coming with me? He said no, you've been in here a number of times, I know you by now. Go have fun.

That's what sold me on the Macan lock, stock and bagel, or is it pickle barrel? I drove that S like I stole it. Ain't nothing like wagging the tail of that big bad dog around a highway on ramp left hand sweeper.
Given the break in recommendations for the Macan, this is a good example of why you should NEVER buy a demonstrator.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Awesome. Just configured my own Macan S today and got a little carried away. After throwing in the extended leather and the 20" Spyder rims, I was way over my budget!!! And this is supposed to be my everyday car while I keep my other car in the garage. Suffice to say, I was suddenly seeing this car slip away! Nice to have read the OP tell me I didn't need everything!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maybe you're right... I hope u are.
My Macan S Diesel is about to arrive in a week, but I've just spent sleepless night in thoughts of cancelling everything with a fee about $3k and go for customized vehicle that would arrive in November with 'all I need' like PTV+, 18-position seats, adaptive cruise and roof rails... people here say that Macan isn't cool enough w/o torque vectoring and stuff, so I feel really stressed about that(( perhaps it'll go away when I finally got Macan.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts