Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
my Macan (which is an S on 20 inch wheels, No PASM, NO AS, No LCA, No ACC, No PTV mind you)
All this time and I had no idea you were driving such a stripped down Macan.

For the love of God, Country and Porsche Forum Members everywhere please upgrade to a proper GTS or Turbo with all of these essential options! As a respected member of this forum you need to set a better example for the newbies.
;)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Am I really hearing a voice of reason from racerman? Really? Someone who just bought another porsche and is putting quite a few Benjamin's in it to upgrade this and that and the other thing? Someone who has said if he only had the extra HP of the Turbo on the track he'd be basically unbeatable?

Wow, where are the mods when they are needed. This boy needs a good whippin, say I.

And then he sucks the bday boy @WHT TGR and bad boy RJ into the mix?

No way, no how, say I. My first Macan cost a lowly 60 and change and it was bad ass. Awesome machine on steel springs.

My second was low 80's and it was even badder asser.

My current, 90, and even badder asserer.

So, will you be happy going low budget? H e l l yeah. Might you be happier going high budget? He l l yearerer.

Only you can decide.

Hey 850, sir, how much have you dropped on that second porsche thus far? Just curious how bare bones it is.

Puhleeze
Here is the perfect example of them Deeeeeeep pockets ....3 Macans in a year ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think your choice of options will be determined by several factors:
- how long do you keep your cars
- do you want cosmetic or performance
- whether you already have a performance car, or plan to get one
- what options you can add later and what you can't

I went for performance, it's a Porsche after all. Performance and pedigree.
I wasn't sure about Sports Plus and PSE but 6 months later I'm adding them.

Reactions: MDJAK

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
As someone who agonized just as you did, and heard from many here about what to get and what to consider not getting - all I can say is, you'll be happy any way you slice it. Because the car is awesome. So much so, my 2016 S is about to be traded in on my new build - a 2017 GTS, with the exact same options and colors! It arrives late May!

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Here is the perfect example of them Deeeeeeep pockets ....3 Macans in a year ;)
Two things I must take issue with. ;)

1. Technically, my first Macan I bought in 2015.

So it's only 2 in same year

2. I have very shallow pockets. That's why my money flies out so quickly. People with deep pockets tend to get a crick in their elbow when it comes to reaching in to spend ;) :laugh:

Real "problem" is: I'm so content with my Macan now, with its features, cf interior, etc, there is nothing tempting me, yet, toward numero quatro.

Kinda like when I go into a Best Buy or high end audio store. My current equipment is so good, they got nuttin I want. That does make shopping boring. ;)

But I'm about to click on Amazon. I haven't had a present from there in at least a week. My UPS guy misses me.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have my second Macan on order and I found that it gets much easier the second time. The only problem I had this time was the color. I went from the dark blue, to the Volcano Grey, and finally settled on Metallic Black. Would have stayed with Volcano Grey but have Agate Grey now and decided to change.

·
Registered
136 Posts
There's no point agonizing over the options the first time. Just regard the first Macan aa a trial run. The third will be the real one.
The less options you have in the first one just makes buying the later ones that more exciting. It's all about the chase.

·
Registered
533 Posts
All this time and I had no idea you were driving such a stripped down Macan.

For the love of God, Country and Porsche Forum Members everywhere please upgrade to a proper GTS or Turbo with all of these essential options! As a respected member of this forum you need to set a better example for the newbies.
;)
Now that would just not be right.

Can you imagine if @Aprilia850 had a Macan Turbo with PASM and PTV, how much more he would embarrass the 911s, Caymans, Corvettes, and BMWs on the track. It is good that he showed some restraint in his Macan order to prevent even further humiliation of his track brethren.;)

·
Registered
782 Posts
@WHT TGR... when the Turbo S comes out, they may introduce some new colors!! But white or black is always a winner!!

;)

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Spot on @Aprilia850

I bought my lightly optioned S sight unseen, a very early adopter. Coming up to 2 years ownership in May and to this day love the car, for driving! Porsche make cars that drive very well, with or without options. My option list was 'framed' by budgetary, practical and personal reasoning. I didn't need Bose as I don't spend enough time in the car to care and frankly my ear isn't so well trained as to tell or care. I chose PASM because the roads are terrible in places here in the Greater Toronto Area but I think steel springs on their own would suffice without question etc etc.

My point is, do what is best for you, do some self analysis of your personality, let your head rule where you know it should and because you can (I couldn't), test drive with different set ups, even if it is a Cayenne, but rest assured, from a driving perspective whatever set up you choose you will have a smile on your face every single time you put the key to the left!

·
Super Moderator
8,322 Posts
Seriously?

You all took this good and decent thread and turned it into insulting each other and entire countries? Really? This is the worst I've ever seen it here.

I just deleted a bucket of posts. You do NOT get to act this way here. I started to hand out violations but bit my tongue because everyone deserves at least one warning. ONE WARNING. Read it carefully. There will not be another. These are the rules

You do NOT get to insult each other here. You can disagree but you don't get to call each other names like 5 year olds You can agree to disagree but not insult each other.

No attacking other members.

You do not get to speak to each other in uncivil tones (OK that one sounds strange but you know what I mean)

Cursing or colorful language is not allowed.

You do not get to discuss politics here in any way. If you want to talk politics go elsewhere

Domestic or International political or religious discussions are not appropriate for an automotive forum and will be deleted from any subforum.

You do not get to troll

No Trolling. Trolling is defined as: submitting a deliberately provocative posting with the aim of inciting an angry response. If you are suspected of doing so, you will receive an infraction.

And really? Insulting entire countries? :rolleyes:

Sorry @Aprilia850 back to options. :)

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
This is a good video. It's about a 911, but the concept llis the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGk4iKVUNbg
That was excellent and quite humbling also. Imagine being happy with a "base" 911. I truly think I could "suffer" with it and a winter car, though it with snow tires could probably fulfill that role too. One of these days I gotta test drive a 911. Never have driven one.

Silver is such a great color too.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The Forum definitely influenced my buying decision. We are buying the car for my wife as she has always wanted a Cayenne. Our initial thinking was a used Cayenne coming off a lease. Once we visited the dealership we fell for the Macan but I wanted to conduct some research which is where I found the Forum. Then I started reading about PASM, AS, 19 or 20 or even 21 inch wheels...S, GTS, Turbo etc. We buy and keep cars for years as evidenced by our 2007 and 2008 BMWs today.

So, we decided MY17 GTS...excited.

·
Registered
533 Posts
That was excellent and quite humbling also. Imagine being happy with a "base" 911. I truly think I could "suffer" with it and a winter car, though it with snow tires could probably fulfill that role too. One of these days I gotta test drive a 911. Never have driven one.
@MDJAK if you want to drive a 911 and really see what it can do, I would recommend that you go talk to your good friends down at your Porsche dealer; and ask them for a registration certificate for the Porsche World Roadshow when it comes around this year. It is an incredible experience and allows you to drive Porsches in ways that you could never do on the street.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts