Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 and I'm struggling with the amibent lighting at night. When it is "on" the lights near the dome are also on, and distracting to me. I absolsutley, love all of the lights in the doors, however is there a way to disable the dome lights but keep the door lights on?

To my understanding after reading the manual is the dome light is supposed to diffuse the light in the cabin, but its just too bright for me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I honestly didn't read that second part, I will try that. Does that keep the door lights bright? I'm assuming it lowers the brightness for all of them?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Interesting, never knew it was dimmable by holding the button. I always kept it disabled because it was way too bright as default. Will have to try later -- always learning something new here.

·
Registered
327 Posts
it's amazing what they put in the Macan Owner's Manual these days...

View attachment 226121
Throw that dimming part over to the secrets/tricks compilation!
I for one wasn't shown this at the dealership when I did the whole Porsche associate technical walk-through. I guess we aren't the only ones not reading the manuals.?

·
Registered
754 Posts
It says until dimming level reached but there are only 2 levels of brightness. You push the ambient lighting button once and let go quickly to set at the brighter level. You push and hold for longer and the light brightens then dims to almost zero then brightens to half of what it was a moment ago. I drive in this half dim setting, enough to light up the centre console but still give you door and footwell lights.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Also while we are here it would have been great if Porsche made the current gear light up beside the stick instead of having to look for that little red dot on the dash !

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It says until dimming level reached but there are only 2 levels of brightness. You push the ambient lighting button once and let go quickly to set at the brighter level. You push and hold for longer and the light brightens then dims to almost zero then brightens to half of what it was a moment ago. I drive in this half dim setting, enough to light up the centre console but still give you door and footwell lights.
This is the same setting that I am driving at now, I still wish the dome light could be completely off but all the other lights remain on.

·
Registered
127 Posts
This is the same setting that I am driving at now, I still wish the dome light could be completely off but all the other lights remain on.
After wondering why my footwell lights were off I found this thread. I like the ambient lighting strip on the doors, but only way to have them on and noticeable is to also have the big dome light on and too bright... this definitely seems like a miss to me. I'm considering if it would be worth changing the bulbs in the dome to either a different color, or different resistance\lumens in order to make it more dim while the others can operate bright enough to be noticed.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Ch
After wondering why my footwell lights were off I found this thread. I like the ambient lighting strip on the doors, but only way to have them on and noticeable is to also have the big dome light on and too bright... this definitely seems like a miss to me. I'm considering if it would be worth changing the bulbs in the dome to either a different color, or different resistance\lumens in order to make it more dim while the others can operate bright enough to be noticed.
Check the search box above this modification of the dome light intensity is covered.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks, I've tried... but have only found that I can dim the horseshoe light.... which also dims the ambient light strip along the inside of the door, which is already very dim to begin with. Am I missing something else?

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
Does someone make a rheostat switch that you could put in between the horseshoe light and the rest?
I've been looking for 6 years and I haven't seen one yet nor anyway to not have the horseshoe light come on with the rest. Too bad cuz I also like the extra lighting but rarely use it because of the horseshoe light being with it.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Anyone knows if we can change the colour of ambient lights in Macan 2020?
Hey Sina, I don't think we can easily unless you want to put a filter on each individual LED element.

Thanks for the GTS exhaust sound check btw. It still seems to be a slightly higher pitch though compared to the previous GTS and it seems the minute of extra noise after initial startup is missing. I am from the COVID positive state by the way ! Stay safe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts