Porsche Macan Forum banner

201 - 209 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Oh man, here we go again. Wish folks would read the existing threads before starting something like this.

So torque vectoring is just something dreamed up by the marketing folks? Sure.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
MODs- why yet another PTV thread?

OP, sounds as if you are not familiar with PTV. It does not make the Macan faster and has nothing to do with drifting.

Always amused when a new forum member comes on and tells everyone else they don’t know what they are talking about:)
i speak what I felt. And what i felt is - no deference on the street

·
Registered
9 Posts
Beg to differ. We own one with and one without and the harder you push the car the more noticeable it is. And it’s operation is not intrusive at all to the point you might not have realized what was happening.

And if you don’t push the car at all, you probably will not notice a difference.

Also, for those who drive in winter conditions, don’t downplay what a difference in traction it can make.
driving on the snow - yes it would make some difference. But good winter tires makes more sense.
every year we do winter clinic with NEC Audi club on the frozen lake . My Macan turbo without PTV on wither tires - hooks up very well on full ice.

·
Registered
169 Posts
driving on the snow - yes it would make some difference. But good winter tires makes more sense.
every year we do winter clinic with NEC Audi club on the frozen lake . My Macan turbo without PTV on wither tires - hooks up very well on full ice.
Winter tires are great. I use them myself. But winter tires combined with PTV is even better.

Limited slip diffs for snow and ice is nothing new. Been around for something like 60 years.

·
Super Moderator
8,322 Posts
Download the parts manual from Porsche. No PTV is an open differential. You will see different part numbers and one will be for the limited slip differential. See section 305-050.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Download the parts manual from Porsche. No PTV is an open differential. You will see different part numbers and one will be for the limited slip differential. See section 305-050.
I'm not sure if this is a reply to me question, but yes I am aware that it takes different differential, but also different programming. Is that something that anyone has done to a non-PTV+ equipped Macan?

201 - 209 of 209 Posts