Porsche Macan Forum banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok that makes sense to me now. Appreciate the info as I’m not that technologically inclined.
What you said still makes sense. Since there's no cellular data, Google maps wouldn't be able to draw the map therefore you wouldn't be able to get instructions if you didn't have the map saved.

So resorting to the cars navigation system made sense. I have done this in the past too and is really the only real use case for car nav these days.

·
Registered
203 Posts
What you said still makes sense. Since there's no cellular data, Google maps wouldn't be able to draw the map therefore you wouldn't be able to get instructions if you didn't have the map saved.

So resorting to the cars navigation system made sense. I have done this in the past too and is really the only real use case for car nav these days.
The solution I believe is to download the maps for off line use for areas that have no cell coverage. Personally, I think it‘s easier to use the car nav system in those areas.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The solution I believe is to download the maps for off line use for areas that have no cell coverage. Personally, I think it‘s easier to use the car nav system in those areas.
Yes, you would download the map of the area you plan to drive in. This is exactly how the car navigation works as well - which is why the map can get "out of date" because it's a local copy stored in your car (instead of relying on cellular data).

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
I've often wondered how Waze is able to show maps when my phone has no cell service. My experience is that it will tell you it is unable to calculate a route, but yet it still does show a map of where you are. Interesting topic.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've often wondered how Waze is able to show maps when my phone has no cell service. My experience is that it will tell you it is unable to calculate a route, but yet it still does show a map of where you are. Interesting topic.
The only way is it either has a local copy of the map, or a cached/buffered copy. That's the only way.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
The only way is it either has a local copy of the map, or a cached/buffered copy. That's the only way.
Assumed it was something like that. But it does seem to be accurate.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Appreciate the input!

This is one of the better priced and optioned Macans I've found in CA. But the fact it has records in both Colorado and Florida in addition to the damage reported is off-putting...
I see this car is at Porsche of Monterey. I'll be down there Friday (14th) to get my clock replaced (second hand fell off :confused:). I'd be happy to take a look at it for you if you'd like. At least get an idea of the car's appearance. Let me know.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I see this car is at Porsche of Monterey. I'll be down there Friday (14th) to get my clock replaced (second hand fell off :confused:). I'd be happy to take a look at it for you if you'd like. At least get an idea of the car's appearance. Let me know.
Lol. I saw the second hand fall off on another Macan as well. Is this a common occurrence? Can they fix this or does it require complete replacement?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lol. I saw the second hand fall off on another Macan as well. Is this a common occurrence? Can they fix this or does it require complete replacement?
Apparently they replace it. I've seen other threads on this here so I guess it's not unusual. If out of warrant it can get pricey.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Options on Porsche‘s can be confusing - make a ” MUST HAVE LIST “ on what’s important to you in your daily driving And you can then really begin to focus your search.
This is brilliant advice - and very true. I made a list prior to ordering last month, and it made for a much smoother process. It's ridiculously easy to get carried away with the abundance of options, and thus, organisation is definitely your friend in these situations.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’d contact the dealer in CO as they are the selling dealer and serviced the car - the dates from the damage and the final service on the at CO dealer are very close so they’d have more insight IMO.

if this really is the car you want get a PPI to see what extent the car was damaged.

It’s also a bit strange that the CarFAx doesn’t indicate what happened to the car after it was turned in at the end of the lease - was it sold at auction ? How did it end up in CA ?

I just looked at the AutoCheck site for this car and there‘s no damage indicated.

I contacted the dealer in CO and they mentioned that the owner ran into the curb and they had to have two left tires replaced. Sounds like that'd be pretty minor? They said they couldn't send me a report unless the request came from the existing owner (CA dealership) so I'd imagine I'd have to have them pull it...

If already there and have time - that'd be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I contacted the dealer in CO and they mentioned that the owner ran into the curb and they had to have two left tires replaced. Sounds like that'd be pretty minor? They said they couldn't send me a report unless the request came from the existing owner (CA dealership) so I'd imagine I'd have to have them pull it...

Definitely get the report from the CA dealer, inspect the wheels,closely for curb rash, check to see that the tires are the same brand and have equal tread depths - the front pair should be equal and the rear tread depth should be equal. I’d measure at 3 points across each tire to see that there’s equal wear across each tire.

Test driver the car to confirm that the alignment is good and also make sure the steering wheel is centered.

See if they can do an alignment report for you.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
This is a timely post. I am in a similar situation. Dealer pricing in my area (NY Tri-State) on very low mile GTS's is not making it easy. I have decided I want to buy a GTS it is just a matter of new or CPO. I have some specific must have features. My local dealer where I have a purchase history will give me a 6% discount on a new order and they have one available that is changeable up to April 8.

My ideal build ends up being about $80k so the sales price would be about $75k. I found a very nice CPO 2.5 hours from me with all options I want plus about 5k more that I would not order. It has 3k miles and looks super clean. None of the options are deal breakers but they are just items I will never use like Nav and Connect Plus for example. The warrant clock was punched exactly one year ago so the warranty is basically 5 years, unlimited miles.
The CPO price is coincidentally $75k from an original MSRP of about 85k so the discount is 12% from original MSRP. I offered 15% under MSRP but they are firm on the car. They won't budge at all.
Am am picky about used cars. They need to be very clean for me to consider especially at this price. I think the probability that this car is mint and that I would be satisfied is very high but I really wish is was closer so I could inspect it first. I am not sure I want to blow a day going to see this car.

The other option of course is to order a car to my spec. I have time so that is not an issue. It really comes down to the value of that CPO vs. the true new car experience. I do plan to keep the car for a while so there is a chance I will get the value out of CPO. Based on my mileage, the new warranty would last me about 3 years where the CPO would last me 5 years.

So there is my story with one example of a dealer that won't haggle at all. I am open to suggestions on my good dilemma of new vs CPO.
If they won't budge then you know you are getting the best price. Someone that maybe tried harder or whatever wouldn't get a lower price and isn't that what you want - just knowing you are not overpaying?

As far as investing a day to go look at the car I think you may be sorry if you don't go - I've read some terrible stories here about dents that didn't show up in the photos.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Not when you go off their embedded maps. I live in the Seattle area. I am in Duluth MN driving to Superior WI. I got shut off midway over the bridge connecting the two.

·
Registered
14 Posts

I looked at the car this morning. It is not ready for sale as yet and needs a complete detail but overall looked to be in excellent condition. I could not see any door dings or major scratches. The front end and mirror caps have had paint protection film applied and the paint under appeared clean. It was somewhat difficult to see as the car is quite dirty. The interior and seats looked little used.
If you haven't spoken with a salesperson at the dealer yet ask for John Bassett. He helped us with our Macan and did a nice job. Of course as others have mentioned, dealers usually won't budge on CPO pricing. My wife, the better negotiator in my house, was only able to extract a set of all-weather floor mats in our transaction :cool:.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I looked at the car this morning. It is not ready for sale as yet and needs a complete detail but overall looked to be in excellent condition. I could not see any door dings or major scratches. The front end and mirror caps have had paint protection film applied and the paint under appeared clean. It was somewhat difficult to see as the car is quite dirty. The interior and seats looked little used.
If you haven't spoken with a salesperson at the dealer yet ask for John Bassett. He helped us with our Macan and did a nice job. Of course as others have mentioned, dealers usually won't budge on CPO pricing. My wife, the better negotiator in my house, was only able to extract a set of all-weather floor mats in our transaction :cool:.
View attachment 229370 View attachment 229371 View attachment 229372 View attachment 229373 View attachment 229374
Thanks! Appreciate it. When you say interior / seats looked a little used was there anything specific that you noticed? In the pics on the dealer site the driver seat looks like the leather is giving in a little bit from the butt / wallet impression

Even in the pics, it looks like it needs a detail (looks dirty)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I didn't notice that but you can see how dirty the window is in the shot so it was hard to see. The car was out in the back of the lot and locked so I couldn't get inside.

121 - 138 of 138 Posts