75 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
All

New to the forum, but great input and insight.

Just snagged a 2018 well equipped Macan base with a CPO and 2 prepaid maintenances at over 15% off list, with about 4k miles.

I live in an area where I put lots of miles on my main car, averaging over 20K per year. I reasoned that if I bought a new Macan, it would be out of warranty in about 2.5 years, but the CPO car would have 3.0 more years left. Just sold a 2014 MB GL350 with 95000 miles. A great car but if not for the CPO warranty, it would have cost me around $3000 last year for the work done. I am a big believer in the CPO cars and looking forward to many great years with the Macan.

So far it has been fabulous.

Long time Porsche fan, JeffLever

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I reasoned that if I bought a new Macan, it would be out of warranty in about 2.5 years, but the CPO car would have 3.0 more years left.
Sounds like, um, sound thinking to me, unless I'm missing something.

My wife I ordered our first Porsche in Aug. '17, because if we were going big-time (for us) we wanted what we wanted. Some of that represented a rare combination (i.e., thermal glass, full leather in brown, and Mahogany Metallic outside), and so I had no luck locating a Macan like that. But we, too, put on c. 20K miles a year, and I'm a little concerned about the warranty's running out so soon.

Happy motoring to you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is it 15% off from the original MSRP or 15% off from the advertised CPO price?
It was actually about 17% off list MSRP. I realize that I could have had 4 to 6K off list with new, but the CPO and Maintenance more than offset the difference to me. The first 40-50 K miles are usually warranty free, it is the next 50K+ miles that the warranty is really valuable. Now that Porsche CPO is unlimited miles, I can let the Good times Roll!!

BTW, the car had every option I would have wanted except one (painted rear fascia) and I plan to fix that soon.

jefflever

Reactions: fooit

·
Registered
505 Posts
My 2018 CPO (very well optioned Base)- MSRP $64K....with 7K miles was about 23% off of list

·
Registered
4 Posts
2018 Preowned Macan

I'm looking to get into a preowned my18 Macan. I am using cargurus, autotrader for my search and am noticing that a lot of the Macans are not CPO. Is their a reason why an authorized Porsche dealer will not certify these used vehicles? Is it that the cars do not pass the cpo inspection? Is it a dealer sales tactic to include CPO as a sweetener during negotiations??

·
Registered
26 Posts
From my travels, any Macans at the dealer that were in the sub 10K Kms (6K Miles) territory were either demos or service loaners and those vehicles did not qualify for CPO as far as I know - might be wrong though...
Interested to hear what others say in this regard.

·
Registered
249 Posts
From my travels, any Macans at the dealer that were in the sub 10K Kms (6K Miles) territory were either demos or service loaners and those vehicles did not qualify for CPO as far as I know - might be wrong though...
Interested to hear what others say in this regard.

I don't believe this is correct. I know you can definitely get a CPO Service Loaner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just heard back from a dealer regarding a car with 8k miles.

We would be able to certify the vehicle for you, but it would come at a higher cost. The CPO warranty is a $3,000 cost item and entitles you to 2yr/unlimited miles of coverage after the factory warranty expires.

·
Super Moderator
2,188 Posts
There have been many threads & discussions around CPO Macans.

Please also read the following:

https://stuttgartdna.com/porsche-certified-pre-owned-cpo-program/

AND - feel free to use the search function built into the forum. It's always a good idea
to search first - and see if your concern has (most likely!!!) already been addressed.

;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi everyone - thanks for taking the time to look at my thread. I did some searching and came across some helpful threads on the forum about pricing on CPO Macans and wanted to get some insight from the community here. Located in the Bay Area, CA and thinking about selling my BMW 5 series and picking up a CPO Macan S.

Based on a search of the Porsche Pre-owned site, the pricing up here seems to be higher (and lower inventory) compared to the LA region. I did come across this car which is reasonably close to me and wanted to see what you guys thought. What would be a good price on this - are there better deals to be had?

2017 Porsche Macan S
Mileage: 26,493
MSRP: $71,695
Asking Price: $47,991

BASE - Macan S
Rear Fascia Painted
Steering Wheel Heating
Roof Rails in Aluminum Finish
Dark Walnut Interior Package
Side Blades in Exterior Color
Navigation Module for Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
Lane Keep Assist (LKA) i.c.w. Lane Change Assist (LCA)
ParkAssist (Front and Rear) with Surround View
Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) incl. Porsche Active Safe (PAS)
Smoking Package
Bose Surround Sound System
19" Macan Turbo Wheels
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Agate Grey Metallic
Auto-Dimming Mirrors
Power Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
Premium Package Plus VG
Leather Package in Agate Grey

Thanks again and appreciate the guidance!

Edit : Carfax link... Actually looks like this car has been around in Colorado and Florida and has damage reported. That's weird. I thought CPO couldn't have damage?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Keep looking. This is Macan 'light'. You need air suspension, heated steering wheel, trailer hitch, just a ton of options not shown here. Bay area cars need top rails and ski racks to get to Tahoe. You can do better.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Keep looking. This is Macan 'light'. You need air suspension, heated steering wheel, trailer hitch, just a ton of options not shown here. Bay area cars need top rails and ski racks to get to Tahoe. You can do better.
Appreciate the input!

This is one of the better priced and optioned Macans I've found in CA. But the fact it has records in both Colorado and Florida in addition to the damage reported is off-putting...

·
Registered
306 Posts
It appears to be a single owner vehicle - possibly the owner had a place in FL as well as CO. The car seems to have spent the winters in FL - Look at the service dates on the CarFax - winter service in FL....

As far as the damage goes call the dealer in CO and see what they say about the damage. cars that have been in accidents can be CPO’ed if the damage is not to extensive. Here’s the criteria - I pulled that off the CPO report from my car.

The damage may have been something minor like a bump in the parking lot.

here’s the build sheet.

IMO its not a bad build - if this is the car you really want make sure the damage was absolutely minimal and document and then use the reported damage to negotiate a better price - if they won’t deal move on as there’s plenty of Macans out there for sale.

81 - 100 of 136 Posts