Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2018 GTS, Carrara White Metallic/Garnet Red
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at something to enhance the already sporty appearance of the GTS back end and I had been looking at the Akrapovic rear diffuser. I wasn't sure if it would fit over the stock exhaust and I asked Akrapovic directly and they said it was made for theirs and wouldn't give me any dimensions to compare (I didn't know if the outer diameters or spacing would be a problem). I called Flat 6 Motorsports to ask them and they were nice enough to send me some photos of a tape measure with their exhaust and diffuser so I could get a warm and fuzzy feeling about dimensions before I ordered the part. My dealer installed the part for me while they were replacing the dash (leather was pulling up) . What a difference! It is just what the back end needed to look a little more aggressive.
diffuser 4.jpg diffuser 3.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,817 Posts
Yeah...thats does look great...congrats.
Do they do that piece in Gloss Black ?

·
Supporting Vendor
923 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ha. Yes and then I’d have to change out the side blades for a set of CF also.
WarEagleNH has to be happy with the new look regardless.

Had my wheels turning as fits a Turbo but don't think I would look "right" with the brushed stainless tips that came with mine. (made me look!)

I'm old school so don't mind the chrome and thought about going with a chrome cover (just can't use the term "skid plate" as they do as really are just bling) but blacked out trim the more modern. But then I'd want chrome tips and the cat back that came with them.

Now that WarEagleNH has opened the box. Wondering if any other owners would like to share their rear diffuser/exhaust mods?

Being a totally selfish pig. Most interested in mods to '15-'19 Turbos.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am still shocked they are manufacturing cars with this leather dash pulling up issue. What year is your car? Exposed to direct sunlight?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am still shocked they are manufacturing cars with this leather dash pulling up issue. What year is your car? Exposed to direct sunlight?
Be keeping an eye on mine for sure. Good thing WarEagleNH noticed it while still covered.

Leather looks great but is still a natural material and dash shrinkage has always been an issue regardless of manufacturer. Haven't been following Macan's that long but doesn't sound like that common of issue that it's a design flaw or such. Often some colors are effected more that others as well.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The sun is powerful and brutal, especially farther south like Florida, Arizona, Nevada, California. It’s gonna take out the headlights but I didn’t think the dashboards since the 90’s when I thought they had that fixed.

I’m trying to talk my association into installing covered parking with solar panels. Why let the sun rot our cars when it can make electricity.

anyways, I sell on Amazon and we get access to sales data. The number one selling item on Amazon is … drum roll please …..

windsheild sun blockers. The shiny silver ones that you grab and place inside the wind shield to keep the car cool inside. I think I’ll buy a set now.

There is a town in southern Spain along the coast of the Atlantic, agriculture where they built 1000s of green houses with white plastic. Over the years as more were built, the towns temps dropped as much as 10F to 15F for about a radius of 20 miles. The white plastic reflecting the suns radiation or light spectrum back into the atmosphere and space. So instead of the earth or soil absorbing the radiation to create thermal heat vortexes, the radiation simply just bounced back into space. Thus the shiny metallic wind shield blockers or what ever there called.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
May I ask what that ran you? David T.
I bought it through Flat 6 Motorsports who were very responsive, texts and emails to keep me up to date on the backordered shipping from the factory. Fun fact: the box was nearly as large as my wife's BMW F700GS. The are packed very well from the factory.

Very nice and looks great with the black tips. But it's a slippery slope my friend. As think how good it would look with the matching tips!

Thanks! The tips do look great but I don't know if I can swing the entire exhaust right now. I may try to get some custom tips to tide me over. I was thinking about either red CF accents on the tips, or red aluminum trim to play off the interior.

You know, New England is just awful for potholes and I did tell my wife one of them could easily wipe out an exhaust in the spring....

Ha. Yes and then I’d have to change out the side blades for a set of CF also.
I want to get CF accents for the front end and interior, but I have grown to love the body colored blades. I'd have to see a CF set close up. I ordered a red CF dummy key from db carbon, hoping that gets here soon.

This 2018 car came from Texas and the tires had dry rot on the sidewalls (22k miles) and tread of what must have been the original set so I imagine it was outside all of the time. The dealer was more than pleasant in taking care of that warranty repair, took all day to do it. But I will try and protect the dash as much as I can here.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Thanks for the response. I’m also in New England. CT. I put on an AWE with their black diamond tips. Not too keen on the matte plastic side blades. I also tinted the windshield with 50%. Hoping that helps the dash and interior heat. Enjoy.
DT

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That looks great but wow, pricey!
Thanks and Agreed!
When I called to check on the car I asked how it looked and the service manager said he was talking to the shop crew and their initial thoughts were "is this part worth it?" And once it was installed, they all said "Yeah. It totally was".

Certainly the most expensive single part I've purchased for a vehicle but I sure do love looking at it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think it looks awesome - I love the look of Carbon Fiber. I would love to have CF interior & exterior accents but am not willing to part with the money to make that happen. Kudos on the look!

·
Registered
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
799 Posts
Ooof, that's a hefty pill to swallow, but man, with my CF sides and interior, that might make the list (I plan to do CF sills and probably the shifter surround, but mostly cause the brushed aluminum looks out of place/blinds me).

I see the OP had the dealer install. Is it particularly tricky to do?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes! I'd love to do all that! The OP's car looks remarkably close to my '17 White GTS. The CF trim would be badass.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ooof, that's a hefty pill to swallow, but man, with my CF sides and interior, that might make the list (I plan to do CF sills and probably the shifter surround, but mostly cause the brushed aluminum looks out of place/blinds me).

I see the OP had the dealer install. Is it particularly tricky to do?
The dealer charged me $160 for the install, i figure that is 2 hours work max (or maybe that's one:LOL:?) It doesn't look particularly difficult but I don't have the garage space or lift access right now.

·
Registered
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
799 Posts
The dealer charged me $160 for the install, i figure that is 2 hours work max (or maybe that's one:LOL:?) It doesn't look particularly difficult but I don't have the garage space or lift access right now.
$160 given the part cost isn't bad at all. Is a lift actually required? I will need to look at the manual for that part or crawl under my car. I can totally see swapping that since I've put new exhaust on hold.

·
Registered
2015 S, 1987 911
10 Posts
Looks awesome! Carbon fiber and little enhancements are indeed a slippery slope.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts