Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2021 Macan
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realized my Macan does not have an air vent rubber knob that moves side to side, up and down, on the driver side left side vent.

I looked on Suncoast parts but could not find it. I probably should have noticed before I bought the car but I don't recall why I didn't.

Or it's possible it fell off but I looked under my seat and I just swapped the floor mats for all weather rubber ones and I did not see it anywhere if it actually would have fallen off.

Anyone know where I can order a replacement? Or should I just ask the dealer when I take it in for the 20k service?

· Registered
2021 Macan
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the exact same issue on my 2017. Ordered one from amazon and it works fine. Not sure if it would work on a 2021 model; But cheap enough to give it a try.
Also, you can ask your service advisor, if they will cover it under warranty.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B091GKHFKK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Did you have to take apart the whole vent to install it? I'm afraid I would definitely break the vent trying to pry it out of the assembly.

Odd thing is I found one of those clips from the Amazon picture inside the vent just laying there.

I did talk to my sales guy and he said it should be covered under warranty, they would replace the whole vent assembly. I'm assuming he is correct since it's a 2021 CPO.

Although I wouldn't be taking it to the same dealer I purchased it for something like this since they are a bit out of my way. I'll try and call a closer dealer tomorrow to see what they say.. hopefully should be under warranty.

· Registered
2022 & 2017 Macan S, 2013 Boxster S
72 Posts
If you can get it cover by the CPO warranty; Go that route. I did have to remove the vent housing to install the clip. As you have to have to push front to back and back to front into the clip, in order to join the two pieces together over the housing center blade.

· Registered
2021 Macan
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did call a local dealer near me today to schedule an appointment and they would not even entertain the idea of looking at the car.

They told me it's not something covered under warranty since the purchasing dealer should have caught it in their inspection so I should go back to them.

I don't remember if it was there or not when I test drove the car initially and the first time I went to reach for it yesterday is when I actually realized it's not there.

I called the dealer I purchased from and told them my sales guy said he talked to his service advisor and then told me it would be covered under warranty but the lady in service on the phone said she deals with the warranties and she's not sure it would be covered but they will take a look at it so they scheduled me for an appointment and a loaner in 2-3 weeks.

She also mentioned it was weird the local dealer told me it's not covered under warranty when they didn't even look at the car yet. She said if it looks damaged it will not be but it does not look like damage at all, just looks like nothing is there where the rubber tab should be.

The way it looks right now seems like I'll have to pay for it which sucks because I have no idea how it could have broken off or fell off, etc.

· Registered
2020 Porsche Macan S
16 Posts
I have the same issue on mine except I know exactly when and how it happened. I was pulling a box out of the front seat and it barely caught the edge. It takes surprisingly little force to pop it off and doesn’t go back on easy. At my last 30k service I asked if they could fix it but after some attempt from the tech they gave up and let me know it was under warranty and that they could order a new vent assembly to replace. Hope you get similar news! Best of luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts