Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I had an epic fail today trying to replace my air filter. At the end of the day I broke my new filter and had to put back my old one. The real issue was that I could not reattach the intake hose/pipe to the intake air filter box. I left the gasket off but everything else is bolted back in.

I drove the car and had no issues, drove about 30 miles on the highway, everything seemed fine.

can I continue driving without the gasket installed? How can I properly reinstall this gasket?

Picture below.

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you mean the O-ring, you should install it back as dust and small debris can get sucked into the intake and going straight into the turbo.
Apply a bit of grease on the o-ring, if you don't have any grease use liquid hand soap, that's all you need to re install it with no issues.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try this document and see if it helps any. There are some steps on reinstallation.
Thank you, I was using that for the install, it’s just that gasket that I couldn’t get back on. I’ll try again with grease, as her95b mentioned.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Are you unable to reattach the intake hose or the gasket? Or both?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you unable to reattach the intake hose or the gasket? Or both?
The intake is on and screwed in, it’s just the rubber gasket that goes on the intake pipe/hose, I had to take it off to get the intake hose/pipe back on

·
Registered
100 Posts
I see. Well, let me know if you manage to resolve the issue - my Flat 6 Air Intake System is due to arrive next week so am hoping I don't run into the same issues with the hose gasket.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see. Well, let me know if you manage to resolve the issue - my Flat 6 Air Intake System is due to arrive next week so am hoping I don't run into the same issues with the hose gasket.
I would say try uninstalling and reinstalling the original one first to make sure you have the steps down and everything works well. I ended up destroying my Flat 6 filter because of it - thankfully Jon at Flat 6 is helping me with a replacement

1 - 9 of 9 Posts