·
Registered
15 Posts
good luck with your build.mySA advised me to change interiors after he talked
to his porsche rep.about the delays.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
It seems like a high risk order. Anyone who's build hasn't locked should seriously consider deleting Pebble.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
There's obviously a disconnect between the factory and the US dealers regarding Pebble. What happens if the interior is discontinued after someone's build locks? It could be a considerable delay by the time you change your order. What if you have to re-order? Lot of unknown variables.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
There's obviously a disconnect between the factory and the US dealers regarding Pebble. What happens if the interior is discontinued after someone's build locks? It could be a considerable delay by the time you change your order. What if you have to re-order? Lot of unknown variables.

I agree that the mixed messages have caused a lot of uncertainty as to whether or not the Agate / Pebble Grey interior will actually be available now for upcoming builds. On the other hand, I'm not going to second-guess myself by selecting a distinctly less appealing option (to my eyes, of course), only to find out after it's too late that I could have had my first choice with no problems anyway.

Plus, if I went with Garnet / Black in partial leather (for example), there's still the possibility that that option might then be delayed as well for some reason.

For now I'm taking my SA's information at face value, and my expectation is that I'll get my Macan as specified and on schedule. If it turns out that the Agate / Pebble interior isn't available after all then I'd expect that Porsche would allow me to select a second-best alternative without losing my place in the build schedule.

·
Registered
15 Posts
my vehicle locked with the agate pebble interior and I was allowed to change it without losing my place.after I changed the interior my schedule speeded up substantially

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
my vehicle locked with the agate pebble interior and I was allowed to change it without losing my place.after I changed the interior my schedule speeded up substantially
Thanks mrp - that's very good to know.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is interesting. I’m currently trying to order a 2021 Macan S in Pebble Gray /Agate Gray interior and my dealer is saying it’s being discontinued.

·
Registered
458 Posts
This is interesting. I’m currently trying to order a 2021 Macan S in Pebble Gray /Agate Gray interior and my dealer is saying it’s being discontinued.
I found out a month or so from my SA that you could not order anything in agate or expresso. Had to cancel my 2020 order as black or red are non starters for me. Was advised just today that the hold appears to be lifted, so my 2021 GTS is a go again.

Can’t comment on the agate/pebble combination, but it sounds like all agate is a go.

Maybe have your SA double check.

·
Registered
2018 Macan Sport Edition
75 Posts
This current issue of interior choices being unavailable is simply because of supply chain issues due to COVID-19. Some aspect of the supply chain is disrupted for the agate and espresso colours (maybe no brown cows, haha), so if you want to order a car while that disruption is in effect your choices will be limited. At least the factories have reopened so some vehicles are being built.

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
....I’m currently trying to order a 2021 Macan S in Pebble Gray /Agate Gray interior and my dealer is saying it’s being discontinued.
Given that the Agate/Pebble Grey interior is still showing in the configurator, this is likely false. However, there have been times when specific options have been temporarily unavailable due to supply chain issues. If that's the case, then you're looking at a potential delay.

It may be worth noting that some dealerships have attempted to discourage customers from ordering options which the dealership feels will not sell well if the customer backs out of the deal, and the dealership is stuck selling it as a lot car.

Personally, if I got that kind of pushback on an interior option, I'd check with other dealerships for validation.

Best of luck with your build. (y)

Reactions: Digby

·
Registered
458 Posts
This current issue of interior choices being unavailable is simply because of supply chain issues due to COVID-19. Some aspect of the supply chain is disrupted for the agate and espresso colours (maybe no brown cows, haha), so if you want to order a car while that disruption is in effect your choices will be limited. At least the factories have reopened so some vehicles are being built.
@Caymancouver, this was my understanding as well; just a COVID related delay. Sounds like things are good to go now.

Reactions: SoCalS5

·
Registered
289 Posts
FWIW- I think that Night Blue with Garnet/Black interior is a GREAT combo. When I had my Night Blue 2016 Cayenne eHybrid, I was given a Night Blue/Garnet Macan as a loaner and thought it was a VERY hot color combo.

At the same time I owned a 2013 Boxster S with Pebble/Agate interior which I really liked (so I understand the disappointment with it being eliminated) but I don't think you would regret the Night Blue/Garnet.

I am a big fan of the Garnet/Black interior---and hoping to find that on my (hopefully) future GTS.

·
Registered
177 Posts
It may be worth noting that some dealerships have attempted to discourage customers from ordering options which the dealership feels will not sell well if the customer backs out of the deal, and the dealership is stuck selling it as a lot car.

Personally, if I got that kind of pushback on an interior option, I'd check with other dealerships for validation.
Say it ain’t so!

A Porsche dealer misleading a customer as to availability questions???

Impossible! :)

21 - 35 of 35 Posts