Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SA in Houston just called to tell me that Porsche have discontinued the Agate / Pebble Grey interior option for Macans, Caymans and 911s. Needless to say I'm disappointed :crying:, because to my eyes that color combination for the interior was head-and-shoulders above the other choices. I guess life goes on though. (First World Problems, I know).

Can anyone else confirm that this interior option is no longer available? And by the way, anyone that's already got a Macan with this option presumably now has a rare configuration.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Got the same info. Supposedly supplier issues, but who knows.

I'm thinking it's the guys wearing cheap Costco blue jeans complaining about staining. ;)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the same info. Supposedly supplier issues, but who knows.

I'm thinking it's the guys wearing cheap Costco blue jeans complaining about staining. ;)
Possibly so, possibly so. My SA suggested that it might have been due to low demand, but he didn't know that for sure. He did confirm discontinued though, not just delayed.

Although it doesn't show on the online configurator yet, he also said that Platinum Grey was now available as an interior option for the Macan, but only as a single color, not two-tone.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My SA informed me of the same two months ago, after our car had locked, and hadto reorder with different interior. Agate Grey Metallic exterior, we chose black interior. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Just a side comment on pebble/agate. My previous S4 had alcantara and the center of the seat was a middling grey. I'll admit that after 3 years it was starting to pick up some general staining. It was my daily driver so 5 days a week it saw wool slacks or equivalent, and on weekends it would see cargo shorts or quality jeans. Even with light use, the wear was not terrible but still apparent.

My SA advised against the pebble for this same reason. I concurred.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a side comment on pebble/agate. My previous S4 had alcantara and the center of the seat was a middling grey. I'll admit that after 3 years it was starting to pick up some general staining. It was my daily driver so 5 days a week it saw wool slacks or equivalent, and on weekends it would see cargo shorts or quality jeans. Even with light use, the wear was not terrible but still apparent.

My SA advised against the pebble for this same reason. I concurred.
Yep, I could see that as a downside when I specified the Pebble Grey, but as I really liked the look and I very seldom have passengers I'd decided to go with it. Besides, whenever I was in the car I'd be sitting on the dirty bits and I wouldn't see them anyway.

I'll be going by the dealer again this weekend to finalize my options before a lock in mid-November. I really don't like dark interiors but I don't want a light-colored dash either, so I might go with the red/black option instead as a compromise. With the dark blue exterior it might be a bit Spider-Manny (or Supermanny - take your pick), but I've got a few days to decide yet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is good news for me ! I just ordered a Macan Turbo (March build) Sapphire blue, AS/PASM;PTV; 21" Turbo design wheels;premium package plus; Burmester; sport-design package, carbon side blades. The interior was Agate Grey leather, but I was not entirely happy with the brownish tone and was considering Agate Grey/pebble grey instead.
If Platinum Grey interior is available, it will go great with Sapphire.
I have a (991) 911 Agate grey exterior with Platinum Grey interior and love it. the dash does not reflect much and the color is cool, hides dirt, yet is easy to clean…I hope this happens…I just sent my SA at West Houston Porsche an inquiry.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is good news for me ! I just ordered a Macan Turbo (March build) Sapphire blue, AS/PASM;PTV; 21" Turbo design wheels;premium package plus; Burmester; sport-design package, carbon side blades. The interior was Agate Grey leather, but I was not entirely happy with the brownish tone and was considering Agate Grey/pebble grey instead.
If Platinum Grey interior is available, it will go great with Sapphire.
I have a (991) 911 Agate grey exterior with Platinum Grey interior and love it. the dash does not reflect much and the color is cool, hides dirt, yet is easy to clean…I hope this happens…I just sent my SA at West Houston Porsche an inquiry.
Well there's a coincidence - my dealer is West Houston Porsche as well. My SA is Byron. If it's not too inconvenient would you mind posting a picture of the Platinum Grey interior of your 911 when you get a chance? Thanks.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Boy, I hope this is true. Platinum grey has much less glare than luxor beige, the only other available light interior. And will not force an upgrade to full leather for the two tone pebble gray interior / agate dash that is (to me) so off putting against any cool exterior palette (rhodium, sapphire blue, dark blue). I hope PG makes it to the configurator soon so I can gdt started obsessing about something else.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well there's a coincidence - my dealer is West Houston Porsche as well. My SA is Byron. If it's not too inconvenient would you mind posting a picture of the Platinum Grey interior of your 911 when you get a chance? Thanks.
My SA is Errol Hughes. Just took some pics, but I'm having a hard time getting them in here so send me your e-mail and I'll send them to you directly. my e-mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the agate pebble interior scheduled to be built next week.
my SA has not received any notice of a change in my cars status.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sadly, this morning my SA confirmed that the Agate / Pebble option had been discontinued for the Macan, but he also said that the Platinum Grey wasn't available in the Macan either. Apparently he was mistaken a few days ago when he suggested it as an alternative.

·
Registered
15 Posts
my SA is still being told it is available, but my since my build date keeps
getting pushed back ,I switched yesterday to the natural leather expresso.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my SA is still being told it is available, but my since my build date keeps
getting pushed back ,I switched yesterday to the natural leather expresso.
Hmmm. I'm getting messed around (a lot) on my lock date and projected delivery date just now as well. I'm going to gather my thoughts and calm down a bit before posting more on that as a new topic, probably this evening.

·
Registered
15 Posts
my car has been locked since late august and my build date has been moved 3 times
now it is supposedly set to build late november.it has to be because of the agate pebble
interior.the problem is no one has told me that is the reason for all the delays.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my car has been locked since late august and my build date has been moved 3 times
now it is supposedly set to build late november.it has to be because of the agate pebble
interior.the problem is no one has told me that is the reason for all the delays.
The plot thickens. I just talked to an SA at a different dealer in Houston and he told me the Agate / Pebble interior was still available. He also said he could get me a lock date six days from today (14/Nov/14) with delivery in early February or slightly sooner. That's much better than what I was told this morning from my first SA, despite that dealer having had my initial order and deposit in-hand since August. I'm placing my order with the new dealer just now, and as soon as the details are confirmed I'll be cancelling my place in the waiting list at the first dealer and getting my deposit back from them.

The new SA also told me that although there were ongoing delays for some builds because of particular options, Porsche didn't tell them what specific options were causing or might cause delays. The dealer could only deduce that for themselves after spotting a common factor over several orders. For example, he was fairly sure that Macans with Palladium for the exterior color were seeing production delays just now.

Anyway, it looks like my first SA was mistaken and that Agate / Pebble Grey is still available, so good news there if it's true. I'll post an update if anything changes on that.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here's an update. My order for a Macan S with dark blue exterior and Agate / Pebble Grey interior locked yesterday (14/Nov/14). My SA said the build would probably start in mid-December, and he'd have shipping information in early January for an expected delivery date of late January - early February 2015. He said there were no questions or issues with my build specs.

So fingers crossed, but it looks like the Agate / Pebble Grey interior is being accepted in pending builds now.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts