Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After an October build slot, that then became a February build slot after the import delays, my Turbo has finally arrived. Happy to share these pics and must say that I’m overall impressed with the enhancements from the 2018 MY; definitely an upgrade in all respects.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Nice!

Congratulations!

·
Registered
242 Posts
@dj9 congrats! Love the combo plus that SportsDesign front end. Then again I'm biased 😅 Anyways, one question, yours come from the factory with that 21" Scorpion Zeros? I know those Scorpion Zeros was not N0 rated before, but I got them anyways to replace my Michelin Latitude Sport Summers this past December.

·
Registered
135 Posts
After an October build slot, that then became a February build slot after the import delays, my Turbo has finally arrived. Happy to share these pics and must say that I’m overall impressed with the enhancements from the 2018 MY; definitely an upgrade in all respects.

View attachment 231501 View attachment 231502 View attachment 231503 View attachment 231504 View attachment 231505 View attachment 231506
Looks great, congrats! I’m curious about you side markers - RoW cars don’t have any, and US vehicles come with DOT orange; since there isn’t an OEM ‘clear’ part one can immediately throw on, unlike with the sports cars, I’m wondering what that is on yours?? Doesn’t look like Lamin-X film? Looks good.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Looks great and Congrats! I really like the 21” spyders. The delays sucked I’m sure but the waiting was definitely worth it. You have way more patience than I 🍻

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Appreciate the comments guys. From a tire perspective, my 21" Spyder Rims came with the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's- obviously a very very good "summer" tire. I at one point had a Cayenne GTS and would switch out the summer tires to DWS all-seasons for Tahoe trips; after this experience I vowed to never go through this administrative pain again. With that in mind, I had the dealer swap out my Michelin 4S's as part of the deal and order me the Scorpion Zero's (and paint the rims Satin Black) to have as my one tire for this vehicle (better than the Verde's which I had on my last Macan GTS and were N0 rated)- they handle great and will allow me to avoid swapping out the rubber for the California ski trips.

As far as the side markers, that's correct, US DOT requires them. For my prior 911's, I would always swap out the amber lense for clear, but never did on my last Macan. For this Macan, I bought the Flat 6 clear markers and kept the amber bulb. The clear leans was a bit too white for me, but still better than orange....saw SunCoast had a very light tint film option, and thought that would add a subtle shade to blend into the VG paint (blends better in person).

Since I had so much time with all the port delays, I had good amount of time to pick and choose what would make the spec look good in my eyes.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Congrats! Tell us a little about what options you went with.

Is it my imagination, or the paint job on that wheel didn't come out too well....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Congrats! Tell us a little about what options you went with.

Is it my imagination, or the paint job on that wheel didn't come out too well....
Not your imagination, good eye! That is the tire dressing the detail guy brushed on a minute prior and a few water spots it looks like they didn't wipe off during the detail...I saw that too lol and trust me, I am "that guy" that checks:) Good part is the body shop is Porsche certified and warranty's the paint work, and additional tire/rim protection covers any issues I may cause with curb rash (god forbid).

See below for options (note: this does not include dealer discounts or Porsche $5K voucher for the delays):

Vehicle Price 83,600.00 USD
Total Options 22,350.00 USD
Model Type 95BCI1 Macan Turbo Total Taxes 0.00 USD
Order Type KF Customer Vehicle Total Gross * 107,300.00 USD
Country Code C02 Total Charges * 1,350.00 USD

95BCI1 Macan Turbo 83,600.00 USD
2H Volcano Grey Metallic 700.00 USD
VK Leather Interior in Black 1,890.00 USD
0P9 Sport Exhaust System incl. Tailpipes in Black 0.00 USD
0PV "PORSCHE" Logo and Model Designation in Satin Black 510.00 USD
1BK Adaptive Air Suspension incl. PASM 1,390.00 USD
1D6 Trailer Hitch without Tow Ball 660.00 USD
1Y1 Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV+) 1,500.00 USD
2D2 SportDesign Package 1,680.00 USD
2PJ Heated Multifunction GT Sport Steering Wheel 330.00 USD
3S5 Roof Rails in High Gloss Black 410.00 USD
47Q 21" RS Spyder Design Wheels 1,660.00 USD
4A4 Seat Heating (Front and Rear) 530.00 USD
5MH Interior Trim in Carbon Fiber 940.00 USD
5ZF Porsche Crest on Headrests (Front and Rear) 570.00 USD
8A4 Surround View 1,200.00 USD
8JU LED Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System P 1,040.00 USD
8LH Sport Chrono Package 1,360.00 USD
9JB Smoking Package 0.00 USD
9ZC Smartphone Compartment 690.00 USD
QJ4 Window Trim in High Gloss Black 240.00 USD
VW6 Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass 990.00 USD
Z1S Included First Year / 10,000 Mile Maintenance 0.00 USD
PF3 Premium Package Plus 4,060.00 USD
Porsche Entry & Drive 0.00 USD
Apple CarPlay® incl. Siri® 0.00 USD
Auto-Dimming Mirrors 0.00 USD
Seat Ventilation (Front) 0.00 USD
Lane Keep Assist (LKA) i.c.w. Lane Change Assist (LCA) 0.00 USD
Panoramic Roof System 0.00 USD

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Glad to hear it's just tire dressing! Very nice build dj9....very similar to my 2020 Macan GTS build, even the interior & exterior colors are the same!

I too am trading in my 2018 Macan GTS for the new vehicle when supposedly it arrives at the dealership in early August.

Best of luck with your new Turbo, we of course are expecting more pictures of that beast in the wild!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Glad to hear it's just tire dressing! Very nice build dj9....very similar to my 2020 Macan GTS build, even the interior & exterior colors are the same!

I too am trading in my 2018 Macan GTS for the new vehicle when supposedly it arrives at the dealership in early August.

Best of luck with your new Turbo, we of course are expecting more pictures of that beast in the wild!
Much appreciated. I'm clearly a huge fan of the GTS product and look given my prior purchase history, hence the vision I had with this build (I always do Gray or Blk too). The funny part was, when I made this build and placed it last year, I was guessing what the new GTS would look like since it wasn't announced yet and spec'd out the Turbo with that in mind. It would have been interesting to see if my decision to go with the Turbo would have stuck if the GTS was available when I placed this order, but no regrets having the higher OEM HP w/o a tune and Turbo stock performance updates. The added Porsche voucher and dealer discounts for repeat buyer did reduce the price gap between the models for me as well, so that really helped.

Best of luck and look forward to seeing your build when it arrives!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts